MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

281e re-triggering question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 281e re-triggering question
felix
Hi All,
In mode #2 (or #1) if the envelope has not yet completed it's full cycle, and it receives another input pulse, does it re-trigger, or does it "ignore" any input pulses until a full cycle has been completed?

Thanks!
xpander
hmm... i'm trying to figure it out but my system is all patched up so i cant touch it until i finish recording. as best i can tell it's somewhere in between- a pulse will disrupt the period but not exactly reset it.

four non-quadrature modes:
cyclic
transient
sustained
off
cbm
It will not retrigger if it's still in the attack phase, but will retrigger from wherever it is if it's in the decay phase. By "wherever it is" I mean that it doesn't reset to 0 when retriggering.
felix
Ah. Cool, thanks guys!
amnesia
So Felix

Does this mean you have gone Buchla :-)?
felix
amnesia wrote:
So Felix
Does this mean you have gone Buchla :-)?

Haha, nope. I was thinking about it when discussing the "how do you use your M10" and I remembered I didn't know how the 281e re-triggering worked.

Given how much I adore the behavior of the non-re-triggering of the M10 (mkI), this new info is a bit of a ding to the 281e for me personally.

It doesn't detract from the appeal of the re-released 259e, the 261e, and the 256e though, so, we shall see. I'm curious to see how well the Hertz Donut paired with the Malgoirthm (and/or A-137) satiates my desires for a wide range "complex oscillator".
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1