MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

When the AM8012 ARP 2600 & AM8109 JP8 VCF will be availa
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> AMSynths  
Author When the AM8012 ARP 2600 & AM8109 JP8 VCF will be availa
cger
Hello,
I'm really interested in purchasing AM8012 ARP 2600 VCF and AM8109 JP8 VCF.

I was wondering if there is any information when they are going to be available at the Amsynthstore again.

Thanks!
dan_k
This was the latest from Rob.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43116&start=20
From the stickied "Future Plans" thread at the top of this forum.

Or go on the webstore and you can subscribe to be notified when items are back in stock.
cger
That's great, thank you!
emuarc
Keep checking by the store, both these modules are in production and we load up around 5 - 10 a month.
cger
Great, thanks Rob. I go to the store section of your site pretty much every day and click on "buy" buttons to see if they are in stock. razz Kind of became my morning routine.

Thanks!

emuarc wrote:
Keep checking by the store, both these modules are in production and we load up around 5 - 10 a month.
cger
Ended up ordering Snowfall VCF, can't wait to get it. SlayerBadger!
jvt
Does anyone actually have the AM8012? The web store indicates it's out of stock. I've subscribed to the mailing list and never received any notification that it was ever released. What's the story?
cger
You have to keep checking the store every day.
Eventually 1 or 2 will show up in stock, but they will be gone within a day or two, so once you see it in stock just use shopping cart system. By checking the store almost every day I was able to get SnowFall and JP8 filters.


jvt wrote:
Does anyone actually have the AM8012? The web store indicates it's out of stock. I've subscribed to the mailing list and never received any notification that it was ever released. What's the story?
jvt
OK. That'll be a challenge, but I'll give it a shot since nothing else has worked!
cger wrote:
You have to keep checking the store every day.
Eventually 1 or 2 will show up in stock, but they will be gone within a day or two, so once you see it in stock just use shopping cart system. By checking the store almost every day I was able to get SnowFall and JP8 filters.
minphase
Hi cger,

Yeah, I got an AM012 in January, through the "check ten times a day" method ! The automated email list has never sent me anything either.

Very happy with the module. Since then (I need some EGs, pronto), I've actually written a script that visits Rob's shop every 15mins and emails me if a desired item comes into stock. (Sorry if that looks weird in your logs, Rob wink PM me with your email address, and I'll see if I can have it ping you when am012 comes into stock. Best, mp
jvt
minphase wrote:

Yeah, I got an AM012 in January, through the "check ten times a day" method ! The automated email list has never sent me anything either.

Kind of a bummer because I've been inquiring about this filter direct to AMSynth since January of 2011.

minphase wrote:

Very happy with the module.

Good to hear! No one has mentioned anything so I didn't think anyone had it. If you don't mind, would it be possible to post a couple of simple slow single saw wave filter sweeps at 50% and 90% resonance? I need a feel for how much it sounds like my 2600 to determine how well I'll be able to emulate a few key patches with the AM8012. I want the 8012 either way, but if it can come close enough to my real 2600 I won't have to worry about taking such a fragile instrument out for performance! The STG Post Lawsuit came close, but at certain resonance settings it leaked high frequencies (well at least it did the last two times I owned one).

minphase wrote:

PM me with your email address, and I'll see if I can have it ping you when am012 comes into stock. Best, mp

Thanks! I think I have a solution for now, but if that fails I'll get in touch.
cger
That's pretty cool about the script.
I was lucky to get both filters within a month and a half.
All I can say is that it was worth the daily trips to the site. SnowFall is really good and JP8 Filter is currently in transit.

And once my order was placed Rob was very quick with email responses.



minphase wrote:
Hi cger,

Yeah, I got an AM012 in January, through the "check ten times a day" method ! The automated email list has never sent me anything either.

Very happy with the module. Since then (I need some EGs, pronto), I've actually written a script that visits Rob's shop every 15mins and emails me if a desired item comes into stock. (Sorry if that looks weird in your logs, Rob wink PM me with your email address, and I'll see if I can have it ping you when am012 comes into stock. Best, mp
cger
It's a best way and this is what Rob recommended as well, checking the store.
And once you see it in stock order right away.
His filters are great, it's worth the hassle of daily check-ins.



jvt wrote:
OK. That'll be a challenge, but I'll give it a shot since nothing else has worked!
cger wrote:
You have to keep checking the store every day.
Eventually 1 or 2 will show up in stock, but they will be gone within a day or two, so once you see it in stock just use shopping cart system. By checking the store almost every day I was able to get SnowFall and JP8 filters.
minphase
Hi jvt,

Posted a short noodle at

https://soundcloud.com/kconnor9000/am8012-noodle

with simple sweeps (no res, 50% res, 90% res) by hand and LFO, with saw from an Oberheim SEM (new Tom Oberheim one, limited palette, but highly recommended for insanely fat PWM, really sweet filter).

The envelopes on the SEM that I use in the second part of the file are pretty lame, imo. 3 stage, I don't know the voltages, but long and short, I find it hard to get nice sharp, short duration envs out of it. ROB, I NEED THAT DUAL ADSR asap! smile

I tried to capture the noise floor. AM8012 is very quiet when no CV inputs connected, audio signals at the inputs, filter closed. Impressive. Any CV input to fc gives you a perceptible noise floor, but it's very low. I would characterize this as a nice quiet design and implementation.

Levels are nice and healthy. I have an 8012 (2600 vcf) and a JP8 vcf, and if I had to take one, I'd choose the 8012. The JP8 is also great, but sliders make a real useability difference, and I find the JP8 has more limited sweet ranges that you have to dial in than the 8012, which sounds good uniformly. The JP8 can sound a bit more gummy, which I love. JP8 output is lower, and more prone to overloading at the input ( not a problem, just dial the input down! People who like dirty filter sounds would call that a feature).

Lovely thing about AMsynths, is that bargain prices mean I don't have to choose just one !! Thanks, Rob.
jvt
Thanks, minphase! That was very helpful. I really like the harmonics. Now let's see if I can actually get one!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> AMSynths  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group