MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bass Bot TT-303
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next [all]
Author Bass Bot TT-303
polyroy
No DIN sync sucks, but oh well. I'll wait until the sounds/reviews crop up, but will probably just end up getting another 303 anyway.
appliancide
Hmmm...All I see is red flags?
SMS303
Ƶl8® wrote:
The market has been screaming for a new 303 for 20+ years and the only words from Roland is "We can replicate that" and they gave us the MC-303 applause

héhé lol +1

afaik Roland complained once about an exact copy of the TB layout and housing used for a x0xbox....

haven't touched the TT303 irl but i do like the idea and looks allready love

is this a limited run or are there more to come?
computer controlled
I've become kinda tempted to buy one just to have it when they get hit with a C&D order and they become almost as treasured as the real thing =o]
darenager
It's a fake lol
gosh
well I have one on the way..looks to be a pretty cool product and I don't think they will be around too long either..
the real reason I got is to get the official devilish mods completed..sweet!
Why Adapter
This looks really cool (except no DIN sync?), but . . .

The form factor would fall into the area of "Trade Dress". Even if Roland doesn't see fit to reissue the 303, I'm sure they still have the form factor trademarked, and it's got to be extreamly valuable to them, being so iconic and all. And Roland can afford lots of lawyers to defend it.

If any actually DO make it to users, they'll probably be even more sought after than the original after Roland puts the hammer down since there'll only be a few. [just my guess]
SMS303
computer controlled wrote:
I've become kinda tempted to buy one just to have it when they get hit with a C&D order and they become almost as treasured as the real thing =o]

It's really tempting....
The looks, the sequencer and the review of Robin Whittle makes the tempting even more worse... MY ASS IS BLEEDING

I have no budget for it and still have a pre-order for a fenix sequencer and second fenix II...
Also have 2 Autobots on my wishlist: one for the VC-303 and the other for my beloved MC-202 love

I know: I can't have them all Dead Banana

@Larry: if you buy two i'll buy the second unit, of course priced as an used one razz
rekem1000
"Trade Dress" is a tricky one but from my limited understanding both companies must be selling a similar product, the law is to prevent confusion from the consumer.

I could be wrong and Roland might go after this with a sledgehammer but I think they're probably more interested in developing the next Jupiter-106 workstation that will sell for $3k and actually make them money.
Xero
If I wasn't already so broke, I'd have already bought one and I'd be having robin whittle devilfishing it. I've been wanting a second 303 for a while now, and I was hoping my second one would be a devilfish, but with 303s as much as they are right now, that was quickly becoming out of reach.

Hmm!!! Assuming they don't immediately get shut down by roland or something, I could foresee one of these in my future...
brandon daniel
Had a couple days with mine. It did not disappoint. This is the 303 I've always wanted, at a price I couldn't pass up. Kind of want a second one, now.
Luka
waiting for the tear down to see how this thing is different to a xoxbox
theabsent
Luka wrote:
waiting for the tear down to see how this thing is different to a xoxbox

I'd guess not much.
Zenn
REwire wrote:
Makingsound wrote:
I tried one.

It sound better than a xoxbox (IMHO), the form factor is perfect, and the OS is so fresh that it could break the real TB market. I will make some video and sounds as soon as possible.

I hope so. I just tried the Mode Machines and TT X0XB0Xs and they just don't quack or bark.

Dan

But then again...modemachine xoboxes suck hard. Those are really ripoffs.

I have a hand-build x0x and a MM one...the difference is huge. It's a shame the poor build quality and choice of components damage the x0x image because a well-build x0x ROCKS hard. (This track contains 3 different x0xb0xes, they're tube-processed so it's not really fair...but you can't deny they do quack and bark and also scream howl and growl: https://soundcloud.com/zenn-1/tubescreamin2 )
kons
That is the mode machines MK1 x0x0b0x? Of which you speak?

The MK2 quacks, sqwweels and blubbers for me.
Zenn
I'm currently at work and I have no idea what version I own...
poladark
Well, I went and bought a TT-303 on a whim. (After pay day the sort of instant gratification you get in a store like Jam in Stockholm is an accident waiting to happen.) Told myself i needed something to play with while visiting the family during the Christmas holiday.

I have no prior experience with a real TB-303 but the TT-303 sounds great to me and it's easy to chain together patterns with. The automatic pattern generator is pretty useful. Haven't quite grasped the individual note programming on it yet tho. The arpeggiator mode is a lot of fun too.

Looking forward to the Devil Fish mod for some extra sonic possibilities.
mckenic
Thanks for the info poladark!

I have no experience with the original either only the x0xb0x so this is really intriguing and if they do a cheap enough 606 love

If you get a chance please do a demo as I think the Youtube stuff is mostly camera audio - just if you can smile
Incidentally Poladarks is the name of the 1st disco I went to as a kid hihi

thumbs up

P.S. Did it come with the cool grey carry case you see with some of the 303s?
brandon daniel
mckenic wrote:

Sadly, no, but it's cheap enough for what it is, I didn't expect one.
ignatius
posted on josh malekko FB page:

poladark
mckenic wrote:
If you get a chance please do a demo as I think the Youtube stuff is mostly camera audio - just if you can smile

I want to make a YouTube video with properly recorded sound and upload some stuff on soundcloud but that won't happen before the 26th I'm afraid. :(

mckenic wrote:
Incidentally Poladarks is the name of the 1st disco I went to as a kid hihi
woah

mckenic wrote:

I *really* wish it did. I'd like some sort of bag for this since it's so portable. Been running it on batteries for two days now.
ignatius
i read somewhere that the case for the TT is super thin and cheap feeling but it sounds good.

i'd probably just opt for a x0x box if i was in the market for acid box.. or just save $400 more and get an elektron A4... but if want acid acid then 303 emulator or real deal is the way to go.
brandon daniel
I received both the A4 and the TT-303 in the same week... the A4 can definitely go into acid line territory quite well, but the TT-303 is there *instantly*. My x0xb0x has the sound, but the sequencer isn't quite the same, and therefore takes some thought to get to the same places. The TT just does it out of the box. If you wanted something that sounds like a 303 but veers elsewhere in the programming, the x0x or A4 are great at that. If you wanted a 303 with MIDI I/O and pattern copying/other modern niceties, or just at something less than the $2K they go for now, the TT is your man.
brandon daniel
ignatius wrote:
i read somewhere that the case for the TT is super thin and cheap feeling but it sounds good.

Sure, though it feels about as solid as the real thing, TBH. If I have any complaints about the build quality, it was that some of the knob skirts and such rub a bit tight to their case-holes, adding some unwanted friction. But that seems to be working itself out over time as I use it.
poladark
ignatius wrote:

I can't say how thin it is, but it seems sturdy enough. The knobs feel a bit flimsy though.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next [all]
Page 2 of 23