MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

sympleSEQ v2.0 dual eurorack assembly thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author sympleSEQ v2.0 dual eurorack assembly thread
hexinverter
I just thought it would be fun to share some photos as I assemble a batch of sympleSEQ modules smile More to come!

hexinverter
Another photo update smile

corex
Can you tell me which jacks use the switching contacts? I have a few of the older Erthenvar jacks that I'd like to use in the non-switching positions.
hexinverter
corex wrote:
Can you tell me which jacks use the switching contacts? I have a few of the older Erthenvar jacks that I'd like to use in the non-switching positions.

CLK.IN_A+B and CLK.IN_B both require switching jacks. All the others can be non-switching if you like.
hexinverter
Finished the assembly run today! Woot smile It was a lot of work!

hpsounds
Nice ! thumbs up

What are the two 10 pins connectors on the right part of Control board for ? The picture below, from your website, didn't show the same layout. seriously, i just don't get it hmmm.....

Hédi K.
hexinverter
hpsounds wrote:
Nice ! thumbs up

What are the two 10 pins connectors on the right part of Control board for ? The picture below, from your website, didn't show the same layout. seriously, i just don't get it hmmm.....

Hédi K.

That is an older PCB rendering from the prototype boards! The production boards have expansion ports on them for a planned expansion module. I might not ever make the expansion module -- we'll see! The pins are there just in case I do wind up making it This is fun!
hpsounds
hexinverter wrote:

The production boards have expansion ports on them for a planned expansion module.

Very interesting! love eek! hyper

What was your idea about these expansion ports ? we're not worthy

Hédi K.
hexinverter
hpsounds wrote:
hexinverter wrote:

The production boards have expansion ports on them for a planned expansion module.

Very interesting! love eek! hyper

What was your idea about these expansion ports ? we're not worthy

Hédi K.

Hehehe applause

Well, IF I make it (and that's a BIG if...) it will be a module with individual gate outputs per step (for triggering different events on different steps) as well as another set of switches that let you program TB-303 style gate sequences that can tie together on selected notes. There would also be a gate length control. There would be a few other added features like better external sequencer control (latching run/stop, for example).
hpsounds
@ hexinverter
VERY interesting, especially the individual gate outputs per step! w00t!!

Hédi K.
corex
Mouser finally shipped my order today (waiting on the switches) so I'll start building my SympleSeq next week. I'm very excited. nanners
hexinverter
corex wrote:
Mouser finally shipped my order today (waiting on the switches) so I'll start building my SympleSeq next week. I'm very excited. nanners

Very nice! thumbs up

Post some photos if you get a chance! I always like more to put on the site. Hehe.

Sorry the build manual is taking so long! I will probably finish it within the next couple of days smile
corex
My parts have arrived and I've started building. On the control board, there are 16 10K resistors that each limit the current for a given LED. My LEDs are a little bright so I'd like to try a few resistors on a breadboard to find an appropriate adjustment. What is the voltage supplied to the LED at that point? 10 volts, maybe?
hexinverter
corex wrote:
My parts have arrived and I've started building. On the control board, there are 16 10K resistors that each limit the current for a given LED. My LEDs are a little bright so I'd like to try a few resistors on a breadboard to find an appropriate adjustment. What is the voltage supplied to the LED at that point? 10 volts, maybe?

Hey man! Sorry for the late response...I have no idea why this thread is not showing up on my watched threads list any longer.

If you would like to replace the LEDs, yes, the voltage is about 11V at the LEDs. I would try about 15k and work your way up from there if you would like to lower the brightness. I find about 20-30k works well for the brighter colours of LEDs (ie: green, blue, white)

Cheers thumbs up
corex
Build complete!

(low light caused a long exposure so it appears that two steps are lit simultaneously)

Works great!
hexinverter
corex wrote:
Build complete!

(low light caused a long exposure so it appears that two steps are lit simultaneously)

Works great!

Woot! Thanks for sharing!!! grin Good job sir applause
BuxtonTheEvilBlueCat
corex wrote:
Build complete!

Nice! What was the build time?

I'm going to build one when I get paid for sure MY ASS IS BLEEDING
hexinverter
BuxtonTheEvilBlueCat wrote:
corex wrote:
Build complete!

Nice! What was the build time?

I'm going to build one when I get paid for sure MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Build time for me tends to be around 4 hours from start to finish, but, I've built a few of them now, shall we say razz

If you take your time, it can be completed in a day/early evening for sure thumbs up
corex
I'd originally estimated build time at 4-6 hours, but I ended up taking around 8 hours start to finish because of a couple mistakes.

Edit: I posted one of my SympleSEQ demos over in Your Tunes. Figured I'd link it here for reference. I've been having fun running a 7-step and an 8-step sequence from the same clock.
hpsounds
@ hexinverter
I'm actually designing my own panel layout for various SDIY projects (batteryACID, Liquid HH, ...). Can you provide us all measurements needed for the Dual eurorack SympleSEQ, as I have a "panel less" kit, and need to draw one myself ?

Thanks ! we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

Hédi K.
hexinverter
hpsounds wrote:
@ hexinverter
I'm actually designing my own panel layout for various SDIY projects (batteryACID, Liquid HH, ...). Can you provide us all measurements needed for the Dual eurorack SympleSEQ, as I have a "panel less" kit, and need to draw one myself ?

Thanks ! we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

Hédi K.

Sure thing! Here you are smile

hpsounds
Thanks Stacy ! SlayerBadger! ... now back to my architecture software ! Skate or die!

edit : I also need measurements for;
- PCB holes on each corner of the layout;
- placement of the "Run" switch the border;
- ... and many others from the borders of the PCB.

Or, do you have a DXF/DWG file to share ? Might be much easier for me.

Sorry ...

Hédi K.
hpsounds
Here is the grid layout I've draw from your last information:

BTW, diodes mean LEDs. oops

How do I position this grid in the PCB rectangle ? hmmm.....

Hédi K.
smonkey
oooh....blinky!
hpsounds
Here is my first layout:

I've assumed that the layout grid, drawn from your information, was centered in a 42HP panel. hmmm.....

Can you print the PDF file below (at 100%) to check if my layout fits your panel's PCB ?

Thanks,
Hédi K.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3