MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

polyphony help?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Author polyphony help?
patchdub
hi. can someone please explain how to control 2 vcos in polyphony mode?

i have 2 motm 300 vcos, 2 eg, 2 filters, and 2 vcas but i can't seem to hook up volta properly to trigger the 2 vcos. i'm just interested in getting two notes to be able to play simultaneously.

i put 2 voice and egs into 4 slots and run the cables to the to the 1v/octs and to the gates but the signals seem to get confused and neither plays in a way that would make sense.

i am sure i am doing something dumb but don't know what.

thanks!
doctorvague
patchdub wrote:
hi. can someone please explain how to control 2 vcos in polyphony mode?

i have 2 motm 300 vcos, 2 eg, 2 filters, and 2 vcas but i can't seem to hook up volta properly to trigger the 2 vcos. i'm just interested in getting two notes to be able to play simultaneously.

i put 2 voice and egs into 4 slots and run the cables to the to the 1v/octs and to the gates but the signals seem to get confused and neither plays in a way that would make sense.

i am sure i am doing something dumb but don't know what.

thanks!

First off, you don't trigger VCO's - the triggers go to the EG's. Are you sending separate MIDI to each instance of Volta? Why do you need 4 instances - seems like 2 instances would work since each provides V/Oct and trigger. Make sure your Volta outputs are assigned correctly. You don't mention your host, but some don't report the audio outs very clearly in Volta pulldown menu (like I believe Logic, for example) so your issues might be related to that.
Are you on the latest version of Volta? They are correcting some of these things with the incremental upgrades they're doing (thankfully).

If you can include more specific info in your posts folks will be able to help you more easily.

Cheers
Phil
patchdub
hi. thanks for the reply

well i am using a motu ultralite mk3 using the current version of volta within ableton live.

-First off, you don't trigger VCO's - the triggers go to the EG's.
...yeah bad wording on my part

-Are you sending separate MIDI to each instance of Volta?
...ah! no. i am using 1 keyboard to send midi to each voice. i thought somehow with poly mode 1st note and 2nd note info might get transferred separately. that probably isn't how it works huh?

-Why do you need 4 instances - seems like 2 instances would work since each provides V/Oct and trigger.
...i have been trying with 2 voice instances and along with that each is given an eg so that is my 4 outputs.

-Make sure your Volta outputs are assigned correctly.
...definitely all working

it seems to me like i have all the pieces to be able to play two notes together i just can't figure out how to route it. maybe i am misunderstanding the poly mode and i am still in monophonic land, which is fine i am just wondering what is possible.

thanks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Page 1 of 1