MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

how does someone actually get on the Buchla Yahoo group?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author how does someone actually get on the Buchla Yahoo group?
ex_dead_teenager
Because I'm trying for the third time now.

I tried twice before I owned any Buchla and thought the reason that I was ignored was because I didn't have any Buchla and they wanted to keep the community small. So Money talks and Bullshit Walks, fair enough I told myself. I would wait until I owned some Buchla before I applied again, anyway I have a fledgling 12 pannel system now it's at B&A waiting for me to pay off three more modules and a flight case then it's on it's way to my house.

So... how do I make sure I don't get ignored a third time because if I don't get on that group this time I'm just going to give up completely. I'd like to be able to participate in what ever discussions go on there and be apprised of news but seriously if I can't get in then this place will do just fine. sad banana
don h
Just reapply, sometimes I think various list mods are slow about approvals.
There's a couple of yahoo buchla list, a 200e, a modular list, there's also a 700 list.
Kent
Buchla 700 list. Population: 12? lol

a.k.a. "Where-can-I-find-this-component List?"
Lyonel
Congratulations for your Buchla Ex Dead Rockin' Banana!
DGTom
I thought you had to have a parent who was on the Buchla List, or save the life of a person whose on the Buchla List!

U have to be member of the Rockefeller Foundation.
LDT
Quote:
I thought you had to have a parent who was on the Buchla List

Plus you must document that there has not been a euro module in the family for at least three generations.
Lyonel
If i recall correctly, there is also stories about sacrifices of young virgins with 222e rings on the tactile surface panel. Buchla 222e
felix
Just say that you've just purchased a Buchla, they should let you on.
bwhittington
Instructions for joining the group, including the secret password and Society Handshake, will be included when you receive your 200e . . .

No, really. Just reapply and say you have a system on order and look forward to learning from the group.

To my understanding, the 200e group is closed simply so that it can be a users group with content focused on user support and discussion. Personally, I like that, with the theory of minimizing Buchla-related flame wars. Except that a gigantic clash of egos between prominent users just erupted in the general Buchla group, so . . . sad banana

Cheers,
Brian
momo
We're proverbial modules thrown at each other, Brian? grin
Lyonel
felix wrote:
Just say that you've just purchased a Buchla, they should let you on.

Yes, i didn't know that the first time i try to get in... POW!
bwhittington
momo wrote:
We're proverbial modules thrown at each other, Brian? grin

Only cloned modules.

ex_dead_teenager, probably the sure fire way to get approved is to if you say you found a strange case of equipment with Buchla written on the panels in your father's basement, and you were thinking this group might be a good place to unload it quickly, since it didn't sell in your yard sale.

Cheers,
Brian
ndkent
mmm... it took me 3 tries for modularsynth.net to approve my membership but when they finally did nothing much was going on anymore.
cbm
It's worth noting that Don Buchla recently tried to join the group, and he had problems, too. I think that the combination of the group admin not being too active, and a somewhat restrictive admission requirement (e.g. need to have a Electric Music Box) can be a sort of deadly combination.

Apply again saying that you have a system on order and you'll get in eventually.

The recent clone wars there were almost as bad as a George Lucas clone effort.
bwhittington
cbm wrote:
It's worth noting that Don Buchla recently tried to join the group, and he had problems, too. I think that the combination of the group admin not being too active, and a somewhat restrictive admission requirement (e.g. need to have a Electric Music Box) can be a sort of deadly combination.

Apply again saying that you have a system on order and you'll get in eventually.

The recent clone wars there were almost as bad as a George Lucas clone effort.

Probably Also worth noting that Don and Ezra favor the somewhat restrictive admission requirements so that they (or Ezra, at least) can respond to user issues without wading through more general posts.

Possibly also worth noting that you haven't missed much, as it is a pretty quiet list!

Clone Wars . . . LOL.

Jedi

Cheers,
Brian
science
The archives of that list and the other one both have some useful info in them... but as far as current posts, it seems to mostly be back and forth bitching between self appointed "Protectors of Don Buchla's best interests".
cbm
science wrote:
but as far as current posts, it seems to mostly be back and forth bitching between self appointed "Protectors of Don Buchla's best interests".

This, too, shall pass.
ex_dead_teenager
well it can't be much worse than the drama on the PlanB list... ugh.

Thanks all for the encouragement hopefully third time's a charm.
Roycie Roller
ex_dead_teenager wrote:
well it can't be much worse than the drama on the PlanB list... ugh.

Thanks all for the encouragement hopefully third time's a charm.

If you buy me a 259e, you can have my membership w00t
ex_dead_teenager
hah!

you have an over inflated idea of how much money I actually have : P
Junk Rhythm
I'm on the list and all I own are some clone boards. lol
ex_dead_teenager
hmmn... maybe if I send them a jpeg of my buchla tatoo or my grandpa's mason ring...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1