MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

foh power problems
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author foh power problems
limpmeat
I'm having problems with my FOH power.

I bought it barebones, and got a local wallwart PSU.

The type I bought is this one from jaycar:

I have tried 2 different PSUs and with both I have a problem with my oscillators. The sinewave buzzes like a saw wave. It does this on my z3000/rs95/afg. They all work fine in my other case.

Do I have a faulty unit? It seems there is a lot of noise in the power, that is causing my oscs to reset.
limpmeat
damn, can't cut and paste a url for some reason.

anyway, it's a 2amp 12vac unregulated plugpack PSU.
HeWhoWantsJeans
Dear limpmeat,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with teh POWER. Unfortunately, I have no experience with their myself, so I'm of little assistance. I'll see about making 'flight aware of this discussion.

In the meantime, have you tried using a different power adapter with the POWER or done a voltage test yourself on the supply? I'd be curious as to what it's actually putting out - given unregulated supplies vary crazy across-the-board in my experience.
limpmeat
I haven't tested the wallwart, but I have pretty close to perfect +/-12v on my busboard.

This is the PSU:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=MP3057

Reading the manual, there are jumpers to increase the output capacitance, I might try playing with those.
flight
Unfortunately, this is a problem that I've heard of a couple times before but have not been able to isolate the cause. There are some modules that cause oscillation on the POWER supply rails. I really wish I had a better answer.
limpmeat
It seems to happen even when I have only 1 module plugged in. As I mentioned before it affects VCOs the worst. Filters and the like are OK.

I have my busboards laid out in a 'star' grounding.
stringbot
limpmeat wrote:

Reading the manual, there are jumpers to increase the output capacitance, I might try playing with those.

I've been having the same problem with a POWER supply. Did you try connecting the JP3 and JP4 jumpers? Did it have any effect?
eveldave
My power is acting kooky - every LED on Rene is lit up and only the bottom output on my LFO2 works, the LED on the top one doesn't light up. Previously it was fine.

If there anyone I can send it to for servicing?

Thanks

Dave
HeWhoWantsJeans
eveldave wrote:
My power is acting kooky - every LED on Rene is lit up and only the bottom output on my LFO2 works, the LED on the top one doesn't light up. Previously it was fine.

If there anyone I can send it to for servicing?

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your POWER module.
I'll reach out to Flight and our distributor.
eveldave
Cheers Mate thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1