MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Video
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Video
chrisso
Those of you who post modular demos on YouTube and the like......
What video camera do you use, and more importantly, if you record the sounds to a DAW or HD system, how do you sync the pictures to the sound (as it's obviously not recorded to the camera's audio)?
Thanks for any advice.
Babaluma
i use a panasonic SD-100 which is HD and has dolby 5.1 channel surround mics. youtube audio and video qaulity is pretty poor after the conversion, so i don't see anything wrong with using the cameras built in mic.
chrisso
Possibly, except many synth demos are spoilt by room acoustics and similar.
The best video demos, where you can really hear the synth, seem to be direct recorded from the synth itself, rather than with mics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLDIGxlM1rA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5y20BdNMug
bf
Babaluma
well i guess if your camera has a line in you can just feed it from your mixer while you are shooting?
Kent
I am using a Kodak Zi6. It's major downside is that it does not have a line in. Thus, I record into my DAW at the same time and then line up the camera's mic-audio with the DAW audio by hand in iMovie.

I agree that the room acoustics in a lot of YouTube video are less than ideal which is why I go through the considerable hassle that I do.
HexEnduction
Kent wrote:
I am using a Kodak Zi6. It's major downside is that it does not have a line in. Thus, I record into my DAW at the same time and then line up the camera's mic-audio with the DAW audio by hand in iMovie.

I agree that the room acoustics in a lot of YouTube video are less than ideal which is why I go through the considerable hassle that I do.

Kodak just updated the Zi line of cameras, actually. The new Kodak Zi8 has a line in now and it shoots 1080p.

I've been using the Zi6 as well and I'm guilty of being one of the aforementioned lazybones that uses the mic in so the sound is usually less than desirable. Today I shot a video and used Logic for recording the audio and combined the two together in a similar way to what Kent described above. It was a pain in the ass and the compression on YouTube is nothing to write home about after all the hassle. d'oh!

I think the best solution will be to give the Zi6 to my brother and just grab one of these new Zi8 cameras. Laziness prevails!
chrisso
Babaluma wrote:
well i guess if your camera has a line in you can just feed it from your mixer while you are shooting?

Ahh, of course.
Good idea.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1