MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Asys Bode Frequency Shifter! (now more audio)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author Asys Bode Frequency Shifter! (now more audio)
LDT
http://soundcloud.com/terkelsen-machine/frequency-shitter-a-stereo-adv enture-with-a-new-friend
Kent
Frequency Shitter? Now I really don't see why they're that expensive. My daughter does multiple frequency shitting for free!
richard
awesome

and I don't say that lightly. Unfortunately I can't quite understand what the PPL is doing and what the frqShift is doing...

the Bode is one module i am trying hard not to fall in love with

I'm glad you didn't blow it up, or you did blow it up and this is what is sounds like blown up? I jest, long live wet farty bug music, its the best reason to have a modular :@)

i like the rhythm at 5.26
and the talking bug at 12.18

are there any labels putting out this kind of stuff?

Richard
Lyonel
Impressive applause
LDT
Quote:
Unfortunately I can't quite understand what the PPL is doing and what the frqShift is doing...

Don´t fret, - neither can I help Mr. Green
There is "clean" frq shifting of the JP8 pad. That is the barberpole phaser thing: You hear it goes up-up-up and then goes down-down-down. This is the mr-nice-guy aspect of the frq shifter. All the rest is the shifter being "bad", hehe. But you can be sure that the shifter is 100% responsible for the stereo perspective. This module definitely deserves to come out in stereo. (I had no idea about this before.)

Let me know if there are any particular stuff you want to hear with it.

Quote:
Frequency Shitter?
When I originally saved the file I made that typo. I felt it was meant to be. smile

To round up my first experiences with it: I will take the liberty of using some of the "worst" synth adjectives: Warm, buttery and bubbly. When I was listening to this demo quite loudly on my big speakers today, I was struck by the air of "quality" there is to it. I would say that this module is a luxury item, and it sounds like one.
Umcorps
LDT wrote:
I was struck by the air of "quality" there is to it.

Or, indeed the quality of the "air" in that track. hihi

Its got a really clean, open sound to it. You can hear everything. And there's a lot to hear. It might have a seriousl price tag. But you can certainly hear where the money went.

Impressed.
LDT
Quote:
Or, indeed the quality of the "air" in that track.

Thanks for this great paraphrase 8_)
authorless
too bad that thing makes the zeroscillator seem cheap... sounds really awesome. lots of cool stuff happening in there.
LDT
Quote:
too bad that thing makes the zeroscillator seem cheap

Heh, not on this side of the pond though.
it sounds good
drewtoothpaste
The subtle stereo effects you can get with a FS are the reason I've been obsessed with getting one for a while... nice demo!
richard
LDT wrote:
Let me know if there are any particular stuff you want to hear with it.

thanks, what I'd really like to hear is some kind of repetitive sequence from a simple VCO going to the Bode which is being modulated by some kind of S&H. I think the character of the unit would come out very clearly.

Also, contradicting the above, how does it respond to FM? I'm scared to imagine

also, make it sound shitty and cheap please. This thing is way out of my price range. Mr. Green

R
Umcorps
richard wrote:

also, make it sound shitty and cheap please. This thing is way out of my price range.

hihi applause
LDT
Quote:
thanks, what I'd really like to hear is some kind of repetitive sequence from a simple VCO going to the Bode which is being modulated by some kind of S&H. I think the character of the unit would come out very clearly.

Also, contradicting the above, how does it respond to FM? I'm scared to imagine

also, make it sound shitty and cheap please. This thing is way out of my price range.

I will see what I can do. Not sure about the last part though, but I´ll give it a shot lol .
richard
bump!

you think we've forgotten you and your uber-shitter?

you don't get off the hook that easily dude

nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners

R
LDT
Hehe. I have not forgotten, and had actually recorded several fun bits, but my MacBook Pro harddisk decided to totally die on me. I should have it back from service sometime this week. It was quite scary actually, because I thought I had lost 6 months work. I have TimeMachine but had ignored using it for a long time d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! . I had an incomplete backup from end of July though, and it turned out that I have not lost much.
Backup! Goddammit, backup! A harddisk is only here on borrowed time.
richard
Glad you didn't lose your shit, it sucks when that happens.

Your carrying that Bode for all of us now smile we're not worthy

R
Reptil
my G4 is dying too (it won't let me download audio today haha)
regardless
this sounds fantastic
best example I've heard thusfar
It's peanut butter jelly time!
Reptil
BTW use so called "SMART" hard disk failure detection! (it works)
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/23232
and disk warrior (it works too!)
if you didn't already of course Mr. Green
LDT
Here is more from the uber-shitter:
http://soundcloud.com/terkelsen-machine/asys-bode-demo
richard
i love it, fucking love it, so physical so rubbery!

best fart machine ever!!

It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners

you've ruined my fucking life!!!!

Dead Banana

R
LDT
Quote:

you've ruined my fucking life!!!!

You´re welcome!
richard
sorry, I meant to say, its shit

you should sell it immediately!

Guinness ftw!

R
richard
I'm looking to buy one of these if anyone is thinking about unloading one.

has to be done
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1