MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

2 months
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author 2 months
science
I'm thinking when they told me my system would be ready in 2 months, they didn't finish the sentence.

What they meant was: "Your system will be ready for us to start considering when we should start to build it in 2 months" lol

Hopefully I'm wrong. Can't get a hold of anyone to get a status update.
LDT
Poor guy, you have almost no other new toys to play with Haha!

Btw: Haven´t you got your CRO-1 yet? I got mine today nanners . Good healthy family entertainment w00t . The really cool thing is how well it can be "played" with only your fingers as conductors.
amnesia
maybe don is on holiday?

i am just about to order a 24wls
science
Not sure when I'll have my CRO-1... it shipped monday or tuesday if I remember correctly, and I'm in the US. I guess it will arrive if/when the USPS decides to bring it to my door. Hopefully not too long.
amnesia
what is CRO-1?
science
Crowphonics modular noisebox / alligator clip patching thing.

http://crowphonics.com/
prscrptn
science wrote:
I'm thinking when they told me my system would be ready in 2 months, they didn't finish the sentence.

What they meant was: "Your system will be ready for us to start considering when we should start to build it in 2 months" lol

Hopefully I'm wrong. Can't get a hold of anyone to get a status update.

Didn't you add the 259e to your order??? This could be holding up delivery...
science
Yea, but I made it clear that I wanted it to ship without the 259e if that was going to hold it up. I have no idea if delivery is actually held up or not, though, because I can't get a hold of anyone.

Does anyone have Ezra's e-mail address, and if so, would you mind PMing it to me? I've heard he's easier to get in contact with...
Isabelle Gall
I ordered a 200e at the beginning of April and I think the chances of me receiving it before the end of the year are virtually nil.

No projected completion date given, no updates, no nothing.

To quote Paul Anka 'that's just the f*cking way it is'.

We're all in the same queue science, although I'm sure that this is going to be some pretty incredible soup.
science
Did they give you an initial estimate? e.g. did they tell you "Your system will be ready in about 2 months"?

I mean, I can deal with waiting, but I don't like being lied to. I don't subscribe to the "just deal with it" BS.
science
Also, to clarify, I'm not freaking out or angry or anything... just getting anxious hihi
don h
It's totally understandable!
bwhittington
science wrote:
I mean, I can deal with waiting, but I don't like being lied to. I don't subscribe to the "just deal with it" BS.

I'm totally with you. I really don't care if it takes 6 months or a year for an order to be filled. But for someone to tell me a date and not be able to come close to living up to it . . . let's just say that I am less keen on that.

That said, I knew from talking to other users that it would take a long time, and I choose not to dwell on it now. One day, I will get a very fun package in the mail. Hopefully, before Christmas!

Cheers,
Brian
dougcl
You should definitely cancel your order and request a refund. hihi
science
Yes, I'll get right on that.
Lyonel
Isabelle Gall wrote:
I ordered a 200e at the beginning of April and I think the chances of me receiving it before the end of the year are virtually nil.

Hello Isabelle,
could you tell us a bit more about your order ? (my order was end of April)
No news from Buchla & Associated since April ? eek!
Isabelle Gall wrote:

To quote Paul Anka 'that's just the f*cking way it is'.

We're all in the same queue science, although I'm sure that this is going to be some pretty incredible soup.

eek!

don't u ppl reach a manufacture with specific questions and requier clear and concrete reply's before to send high amounts of money.

Like the complains that could be read concerning delivery times etc from COTK in the past,i did then asked once that guy specific questions and got exact replys from him (after asking it once again in very detail)

when i will be at the point to order an 200e i will need same replys
if they tell customers 2 months its not 4 or 1 year.. confused

They should be honest with that or they will lose confidence from possible customers in the future for sure.

Its not that difficult,Bruce from Modcan is a prime example for that..
science wrote:

totaly agree
Fidgit
lead times of > one year can occur... confused
Buset
Hmmm.

I ordered my system in the beginning of june (after lurking these boards and other resources for a long time).

I got an estimated completion date "3 to 4 months".

I suspect it will be quite a while longer though.....
Lyonel
Buset wrote:
I ordered my system in the beginning of june

Hi Buset,
Same questions... could you, if you don't mind, tell us a little bit more about ? size... modules... order history...
Thanks
550b
I ordered in March, and was told 'about four months'. This was not a guarantee, just an estimate. I have received no updates regarding the progress of my system, but I didn't really expect any.

A few weeks back I modified my order, swapping a 261e for a 259e. Don said they could probably get the rest of it my system shipped pretty quickly, and send the 259e later (a month to six weeks). I told him this would be fine, and he sent me an invoice for the remaining amount the next day.

I haven't heard anything since then. Monday will be exactly five months since my deposit was received, and while I'm under the impression that my system is done (minus the 259e) and waiting to be shipped, I'm not completely certain. Part of me is hoping Don will notify me when it ships, but another part of me hopes it simply shows up on the doorstep one morning, without warning.
Isabelle Gall
My order is for an 18-powered cabinet, containing nine modules (I have a non-twisted 259e here waiting for it).

Don has been great, particularly helpful as regards choosing my modules and so on. I didn't ask him for a projected completion date when I placed my order purely as I did not believe that it would speed up the process any. I did enquire if the inclusion of a 285e might cause a hold-up, but he assured me that this wasn't the case.

As 550b also said, I didn't expect any updates regarding it's progress so that's not a problem particularly either.
don h
When mine was shipped, Yasi contacted me prior. I was equally extremely anxious.
I don't know for certain, but I get the sense that they move at the fastest pace they are able. I'm guessing delivery estimates are based on assumptions that other factors coincide. I think they are probably susceptable to back orders, and things like that.
I really view these instruments in a far different light than the typical off the shelf, not exactly custom, but certainly not mass-manufactured.
I kept my anxiousness in check mostly by keeping my expectations focused on how much I knew I would enjoy it once it arrived, which took about 6 months. I didn't ask for a ship time estimate per se, I think I did ask for some guesses. I think mine was held up in that they were going through several major firmware upgrades, plus I made a couple changes halfway through.
Btw, I think one can get their current 259e twisted if so desired.
Buset
Lyonel wrote:

Hi Buset,
Same questions... could you, if you don't mind, tell us a little bit more about ? size... modules... order history...
Thanks

I fiddled around with the 200e at NAMM a couple of years back (I think it was the launch actually) and it's been haunting me ever since,
in the end of may I decided to finally go for it.

Call me strange,

but I really couldn't decide what modules I wanted as there's not really that much specific information about each module floating around the internet,
I did know I wanted the 222e though, which most people seemed to shun.

I do have quite a good grasp on modulars but this feels like a completely different thing than the stuff I'm used to.

I did try to plan a system but got anxious for some reason,
in the end I figured the suggested system #3 would be a good choice,
18 modules and all, it seemed like kind of a good balance for me.

Sorry about that - I'm almost ashamed of this,
seeing everyone putting together their "dream system" knowing exactly what they want.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3