So it begins...

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., luketeaford, lisa, Kent

GeneralBigBag
My codename's Happy Harry, I'm Into CV

So it begins...

Post by GeneralBigBag » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:24 pm

I just bought a MCV4 and a Plan B dual low pass gate...this is probably the beginning of an obsession.
Once I get the appropriate converters and power supply, I shall be well on my way...
(Note that I have a bunch of stuff via the Ebbe und Flut, and Sherman, so it's not totally crazy buying just one module right now)

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:47 pm

hehehe awesome, I had to work hard to talk myself out of the LPG.

I actually am in possession of one Eurorack module, connected to my Blacet PSU using an adapter cable, and running fine. Sadly it has to sit on its side outside the rack (on the little shelf between the top and bottom sections of my tower) but is operating very well

:oops: don't tell anyone

GeneralBigBag

Post by GeneralBigBag » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:02 pm

When I think about it - the LPG can also do VCA and mixer duty...
These plan b modules are more than they seem.
Once I get an Oscillator, I'll actully have a fully functional analogue mono. That's a pretty neat thought :)

plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

Post by plord » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:06 pm

Muff Wiggler wrote:hehehe awesome, I had to work hard to talk myself out of the LPG.
No you didn't, you have multiple Borg AND Boogie filters last I checked! You're rolling in low pass gates. and the Borg2 vactgrol is *way* faster than the Buchla, for extra bonus points on fast sequences.

Use the 6db out on the Boogie or the "VCA" mode on the Borg, freq control to minimum, no res, CV control to max, send it a 10V blip from an envelope and listen for the thunky sound.

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:11 pm

heh, ok so i didn't have to work too hard - that's exactly how i talked myself out of it :lol:

i use that VCA mode with mimimum cutoff and no res all the time, and the EG blip is one of the first things I did with it actually - it's the funky sound indeed 8)

Boogie's 6db out sounds so damn awesome to my ears as well, just as a standard LPF, don't know why - same deal with Mankato - those low slopes sound amazing

GeneralBigBag

Post by GeneralBigBag » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:54 pm

The 6dBs from the EuF (all 5 of them) are the business. They're so powerful I sometimes forget that I have 2 and 4 pole filters too.

Chuck E. Jesus
holier than thou

Post by Chuck E. Jesus » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:50 pm

what is the EuF?

GeneralBigBag

Post by GeneralBigBag » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Ebbe und Flut.
The rolls-royce of filters.
http://www.schippmann-music.com/
Don't listen to the demos unless you want to have to fight serious urges.

felix
Loves the manuals!

Re: So it begins...

Post by felix » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:25 pm

GeneralBigBag wrote:I just bought a MCV4 and a Plan B dual low pass gate...this is probably the beginning of an obsession.
Definitely not probably...it will become an obsession...unless you have incredibly strong will power.

The M13 LPG is a fantastic module. The Doepfer Quad ADSR and the M13 were my first two modules.
dress yourself for the public. you now must exit your home and acquire a dental mirror and lubrication!
i recommend a hat, or a helmet. if a helmet, ensure that it is both convincing and unbiased. -citizen mori
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/78959
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/225002
https://jimdrones.bandcamp.com

GeneralBigBag

Post by GeneralBigBag » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:34 pm

So - my DIY kit is somewhere in the jumble that is AH right now, but hopefully soon to be in the post, and I shall be ordering an AFG and Polyphonic Env later today :)

I want to mount this in some sort of case I can carry around, so I can gig with it and the Machinedrum. I have these visions of myself sweating over the rig, patching faster than the eye can see, making techno that bangs and squiggles :D

Return to “Eurorack Modules”