MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla 100 dissonant twiddling - (VIDEO)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla 100 dissonant twiddling - (VIDEO)
djangosfire
I've been building some modules for my Buchla 100 system:

"Flop Sequencer" simple, mini 8 step analog sequencer (another fine J3RK pcb). Also a DIY "Retro 191 Sharp Cutoff Filter". ... the 191 is based on another J3RK pcb: the 291j.

Audio is mostly via DP7 direct recording ... but I also left some vid cam audio... I wanted to let the room noise "clicking" of the 165 Random Voltage Source be heard... whic is really quite hypnotizing 8_)

And so we get some dissonant twiddling:

exeterdown
Do you remember that time we hung out and you said I could just have your system 100?
I do.

lol
Love it.
weinglas
Great sounds coming out of an awesome system. Enjoyed this a lot applause
fluxmonkey
what's that sequency/touch-keyboardy thing all about?
opsysbug
Great!! I love that J3rk sequencer. Your Buchla "100" system is becoming more like a "100++". Cool w00t
prscrptn
we're not worthy "191"
vgermuse
Awesome! What a wonder of sonic delight! thumbs up we're not worthy w00t
andy
Sweet system nanners
batchas
COOL!!!
HueMonContact
Awe yeah! Really nice system and it sounds excellent!
PF
Thats lovely Adam, 191 wants.....
m0rb1d
that filter sounds incredible!
Selador
Watching these videos out of the nostalgia for back when I went to school with a 100 system, and I was reminded of something I always meant to find out..

Can anyone who has one, let me know the technical reason why the 165 sounds like a ticking time bomb? The first time I patched it in, I honestly thought it was going to blow. But I love it, it's so deliciously vintage sounding, and served as a way to "monitor" the tempo I was working at
Peake
Think there's a relay in it which clicks upon every input pulse/voltage change. Remember the thumper in the Chroma to provide tactile feedback upon every function keypress (or not)?
Selador
Oh! Now that you mention it, my memory can put the two together as sounding similar.. Strange that it's a part of the Buchla circuit, though, but I suppose those were probably more common than logic when it was designed, and I could see Don liking the feedback it offered
Peake
That filter goes really well with the spring reverb Guinness ftw!
Don T
Peake wrote:
That filter goes really well with the spring reverb Guinness ftw!

Someone tell me more about this filter!
davidjez
applause
virginsoulcity
applause applause applause It's peanut butter jelly time!

djangosfire wrote:

"Flop Sequencer" simple, mini 8 step analog sequencer (another fine J3RK pcb). Also a DIY "Retro 191 Sharp Cutoff Filter". ... the 191 is based on another J3RK pcb: the 291j.

Audio is mostly via DP7 direct recording ... but I also left some vid cam audio... I wanted to let the room noise "clicking" of the 165 Random Voltage Source be heard... whic is really quite hypnotizing 8_)

virginsoulcity
applause applause applause It's peanut butter jelly time!

djangosfire wrote:

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1