MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[audio] Peculiar, crackly FM patch w/ single frame
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author [audio] Peculiar, crackly FM patch w/ single frame
KNYST
After replanning, I sold a 1-framer of Bug modules (keeping most of course).
I did a quick patch on it, wanted to test it's potential/limitations, and had great fun.
Some rather interesting FM and other things. Far from anything typical BugBrand, as this is just a nasty lo-fi patch Bite! hihi
(No fx or overdubs)
Enjoy.

[bctrack]518285712[/bctrack]

Here's what I used:
themanthatwasused
knyst
Wow, packs quite a punch for a small package.
I love looking thru small setups like this, makes you more creative. Right now I am at odds on what to use in my 2 frame set up. A CTL1 or CTL2.
In your experience, which one is more useful and economical in a two frame set up.
Sorry for the slight threadjack
BananaPlug
themanthatwasused wrote:
A CTL1 or CTL2.
In your experience, which one is more useful and economical in a two frame set up.

I've seen the CTL1 (I have the old version) go in and out of my system a couple times while the CTL2 stays put. The 2 is smaller and less specialized so there's less incentive to remove it and it always gets used.

The other day I was listening to a track here and thought I should put the CTL1 back in for a while. I've also been thinking of gathering up a small collection of clock and sequence stuff and making it part of that.
themanthatwasused
Thanks for the tip BananaPlug
I will keep that in mind!
applause
KNYST
themanthatwasused wrote:
knyst
Wow, packs quite a punch for a small package.
I love looking thru small setups like this, makes you more creative. Right now I am at odds on what to use in my 2 frame set up. A CTL1 or CTL2.
Sorry for the slight threadjack

hah, yes, it isn't much in there, is it!
Agreed, (like many others) I find limitations to be very fruitful.

Apology accepted Darth Vader
... as it *is* an interesting subject! hihi
In the 2-frame setups I used, I always kept a CTL1 - to me, it is a signature Bug module in every aspect, and fits my patching/playing approach. I don't make many patches without it.
As much as I love the CTL2, usually, it doesn't make it to setups smaller than 3 frames, as I need to prioritise other things...
It can be hard to cram all the stuff you need/want in a 2-framer, but I would never call it too small.
I really loved this 2-frame setup! Very versatile.

And, while off topic: my new album of Bug/Serge posted here! It's peanut butter jelly time!
themanthatwasused
Thanks for the Tip KNYST!
Wow this is really close to the music that I have been playing in my bug although more limited in sound range.
Although some of them I am not able to tell which modules, do you happen to have a list of them for my reference?
I am checking the album now. applause
KNYST
You're welcome. Module references here.

It would be great fun to hear what others have done with minimal Bug systems w00t
themanthatwasused
I'm slowly building mine.
Will post the details soon!
Thanks for the inspiration.
BugBrand!

Edit:
KNYST
We should have a seperate thread on 1 Frame set up and what with some sooundclips!
Would be cool to be able to share notes.
I have one thread myself:
One frame action
KNYST
Yes, a mini system soundclip thread would be w00t

(Maldoror is cute, but sounds quite grumpy!)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1