MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

COTK C969
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author COTK C969
island
woah

C969
JohnLRice
woah jawdrop woah jawdrop woah jawdrop woah jawdrop woah jawdrop woah
Christopher Winkels
I've often craved some Bi-clock. we're not worthy
JohnLRice
Christopher Winkels wrote:
I've often craved some Bi-clock. we're not worthy
I've heard that about you . . .and I've been meaning to call! hihi
ericD13
What's the price ?
island
345€ thumbs up
AnalogBastard
About $455 US with free shipping if ordered by Jan 15th .. Looks awesome thumbs up
Xero
that looks pretty awesome
JohnLRice
I like this 'scheme' picture of it:

bwhittington
I like this one a lot. It seems like cv control over the fill value would have been an incredible feature, though. I assume the external gates step through the pattern on each channel?

January is shaping up to be a painfully tempting month for module shopping!

Cheers,
Brian
VinceL
From the limited information, it appears that the spacing of fills for a given number of fills in a given number of steps is pre-programmed in the module.

For example, with 16 steps, how could you specify for 1 channel you want 8 fills on steps 2,4,6,8,10,12,14 & 16 and on another channel with 16 steps you want 8 fills on steps 2,3,4,5,10,11,12 & 13?

Maybe I'm missing something here? seriously, i just don't get it
bwhittington
VinceL wrote:
From the limited information, it appears that the spacing of fills for a given number of fills in a given number of steps is pre-programmed in the module.

Yes, I suppose you could say that, but one could also say that a pulse divider only contains preprogrammed relationships. Whether or not what it seems useful is a matter of taste, but it seems that this could perform basic divisions (16:8 basically being /2 if I am understanding it correctly, 16:4 being /4, etc) as well as some unusual patterns that while preprogrammed are based on fun math relationships (I guess) instead of being programmed in the Casiotone sense. It seems like the applications of this range from fairly standard rhythmic pulses to weird clock fun.

That is *if* I am understanding it correctly, of course. lol

Cheers,
Brian
ericD13
If I understand it could be a competitor of the moon 568.

Much cheaper but also less complete : you can only choose the length of the sequence and the ratio of gates played (fills), not the positions they are played.
nerdware
Lisa Simpson Lisa Simpson Lisa Simpson Lisa Simpson Lisa Simpson Hint. Lisa Simpson Lisa Simpson Lisa Simpson Lisa Simpson Lisa Simpson
Minimoog56
COTK is on a roll. Would be great if K could get the communications and shipping together for improved reliable service. Might actually see a few of these in the field. I am still awaiting an invoice for an arpegiator and response back on the status of the polyklavier.
VinceL
bwhittington wrote:
VinceL wrote:

Yes, I suppose you could say that, but one could also say that a pulse divider only contains preprogrammed relationships. Whether or not what it seems useful is a matter of taste, but it seems that this could perform basic divisions (16:8 basically being /2 if I am understanding it correctly, 16:4 being /4, etc) as well as some unusual patterns that while preprogrammed are based on fun math relationships (I guess) instead of being programmed in the Casiotone sense. It seems like the applications of this range from fairly standard rhythmic pulses to weird clock fun.

That is *if* I am understanding it correctly, of course. lol

Cheers,
Brian

I guess I'm comparing it to the Moon 568. It's got 4 channels of 32 steps. And, you've the ability to individually address all 128 steps. Of course, the 568 costs 3 times as much as the COTK969. d'oh!

So, in true modular fashion......everyone should have both modules. It's peanut butter jelly time!
VinceL
Oops...double post.
bwhittington
VinceL wrote:
I guess I'm comparing it to the Moon 568. It's got 4 channels of 32 steps. And, you've the ability to individually address all 128 steps. Of course, the 568 costs 3 times as much as the COTK969. d'oh!

Good point that you could patch up these exact patterns and a million more on a 4x32 trigger sequencer. Perhaps one advantage of this module, besides it being a shame to allocate a 568 like that regularly, would be if you could give those fill pots a twist to create, well, "fills" on the fly. That was what I had in mind when I mentioned it being a crying shame that parameter wasn't under voltage control.

The module comparison that pops in mind to me is this being a more flexible rhythm concept than something like the preprogrammed COTK 1650.

VinceL wrote:
So, in true modular fashion......everyone should have both modules. It's peanut butter jelly time!

That certainly seems to have been your strategy thus far! Mr. Green thumbs up

Cheers,
Brian
phaedra
Here is a link where you can try out some of the possibilities, which are offered with the C 969: http://www.hisschemoller.com/2011/euclidean-rhythms/
It will give you some impressions by building interesting rhythms.
Don't only reduce it for percussion patterns, think also in shifting single tracks of a sequencer for example.
JohnLRice
phaedra wrote:
Here is a link where you can try out some of the possibilities, which are offered with the C 969: http://www.hisschemoller.com/2011/euclidean-rhythms/
It will give you some impressions by building interesting rhythms.
Don't only reduce it for percussion patterns, think also in shifting single tracks of a sequencer for example.

Damn you, Phaedra! you kids get off my lawn I had pretty much convinced myself to ignore this module but this flash demo has got me all fired up again! Dead Banana hyper w00t

Something this simple was fun:

odecahedron
holy goddamn mother of all fuckery - that looks sooo sexual.
Thaknar
so who ordered one? I'm still tempted to buy one but cant really decide what to do confused
fyvewytches
I'm very tempted, but waiting for some info.
lucid
Is it only me who pull the trigger here? Now in waiting phase.
Really nobody who can share some more info or experience?
odecahedron
fyvewytches wrote:
I'm very tempted, but waiting for some info.

COTK, a video please - for the love of gawd!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3