MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Piston Honda MKII
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]
Author Piston Honda MKII
Votek_Mendo
SIMPLY AWESOME!!!!!!
monstrinho
Entrainer wrote:
apertureburn wrote:
simultaneous internal and external outs is badass

What's that? Like using the internal oscillator to scan the wavetable
+ using a external saw (like the Blacet Mini-Wave?)... and having
both available simultaneously? Hmmm, I wonder if you can achieve
different pitches that way?

I don't see any way for the external signal to drive the wavetables (like the MiniWave) while the internal oscillator is also doing it. There's no switching facility on the front panel, so I'm guessing this works more like the distortion/bitcrushing/quantising applications of the MiniWave. Send an external signal in and you get a bitcrushed version of it out along with the "normal" Piston output. I'm just trying to imagine what a feedback patch with the internal patched back into the external would sound like...
Leoespejo
I'd love to read a comment or a word about this from Governor Blacksnake and i hope it doesn't happens the same as with Piston Honda expander (no news, no comments about it, seems its a dead project).
vasculator
yeah i see this as allowing an external signal to be processed by the wavetable (ext mode) while still having access to the internal oscillator output at the same time which will be fantastic. piston honda in ext mode in the echophon feedback loop is a lot of fun.

monstrinho wrote:

I don't see any way for the external signal to drive the wavetables (like the MiniWave) while the internal oscillator is also doing it. There's no switching facility on the front panel, so I'm guessing this works more like the distortion/bitcrushing/quantising applications of the MiniWave. Send an external signal in and you get a bitcrushed version of it out along with the "normal" Piston output. I'm just trying to imagine what a feedback patch with the internal patched back into the external would sound like...
HueMonContact
vasculator wrote:
yeah i see this as allowing an external signal to be processed by the wavetable (ext mode) while still having access to the internal oscillator output at the same time which will be fantastic. piston honda in ext mode in the echophon feedback loop is a lot of fun.

aaahhhh that sounds like fun... I've really been itchin' to get an echophon.
This is going to help me pull the trigger faster.
governor blacksnake
Hi,

Both piston expanders have been done for a long time. The delay is from organizing their manufacture among the many other things I have to be released soon.

The new piston can process an external wave (with VC gain) through the currently selected wavetable while the internal oscillator generates that waveform out of a different output.

A realistic estimate for the release of the new PH, ZC, and HD is March.
reignbear
so the new piston is 24bit? curious to hear how that will change it as the OG piston sounds so magical as is...

can't wait to hear/see some demos of these new designs!
governor blacksnake
The new Piston is 16 bit. As it stands now I'm thinking of arranging the first 8 ROM "slots" to be new, high-resolution waveforms, the next two being the original factory waves from the original piston, and the last 6 being whatever is in the expander unit that gets plugged into the back (8 bits of course).
reignbear
governor blacksnake wrote:
The new Piston is 16 bit. As it stands now I'm thinking of arranging the first 8 ROM "slots" to be new, high-resolution waveforms, the next two being the original factory waves from the original piston, and the last 6 being whatever is in the expander unit that gets plugged into the back (8 bits of course).

whelp. there goes my tax return Dead Banana
Metamusik
Finally getting that Zorlon I've been having buyers angst about since forever. These new panels are amazing by the way. A little less goofy-nerd-time-parade, clear and professional, yet still with color and life. In other words: they look perfect.
apertureburn
hell yes, this thing looks amazing
phase ghost
Holy fucking shit, that looks amazing. Considering how much I love the MKI, I think I have to buy this.
radiokoala
Can someone explain me please what "processing an external wave (with VC gain) through the currently selected wavetable" means? What changes occur to external wave - does its amplitude follow the shape of wavetable, or is it something else?

hmmm.....
ThinLazy
radiokoala wrote:
Can someone explain me please what "processing an external wave (with VC gain) through the currently selected wavetable" means? What changes occur to external wave - does its amplitude follow the shape of wavetable, or is it something else?

hmmm.....

Yes, I was wondering about this too...
thelizard
radiokoala wrote:

hmmm.....

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure it acts as a lookup table. What this means is if you send it a phasor (a rectified ramp wave), the output will just be the unmodified wavetable...

At least, this is how a lot of software wavetables oscillators work (at least the ones that I've programmed). There's probably a bit more to it, but that's my guess.
rydan
Is the mk2 PH 17HP instead of 15? Looks like it...
Starrefision

A realistic estimate for the release of the new PH, ZC, and HD is March.

so, for the zorlon mk2....
is it still buddies with the qotile?
Illiac
Will the new Piston Honda go into LFO territory?
arnoux
Flamey They look great and evil, PH and HD in my wishlist.
hednoize
...the expander unit that gets plugged into the back (8 bits of course).

Will the expander for the original PH plug into the back of the PH mkII, or is it a new expander unit?
ettubaby
hednoize wrote:
...the expander unit that gets plugged into the back (8 bits of course).

Will the expander for the original PH plug into the back of the PH mkII, or is it a new expander unit?

The say its 6 slots and its 8bits so probably is. The problem with the expander is that no one has them in stock.
Oldstench
Goodness. These look peachy-neato. love
migrations
fuuuuck I had no idea about any of these! was looking into getting a piston honda, but maybe I'll just wait for v2!? phenomenal looking modules coming down the pipeline
recoba
Any news on when this will get released? Got some money burning a hole in My pocket.
mapmap
i really want one of these...
i love the slides in the new mkII's
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]
Page 2 of 19