MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Piston Honda MKII
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next [all]
Author Piston Honda MKII
mt3
Abyssinianloop wrote:
mt3 wrote:
Aren't the stock ROMs in A-F duplicated from those in 0-5?

Yes, they are. I think he doesn't like the custom roms he loaded in and wants the duplicate stock roms back in the a-f slots.

Yes, I'm assuming that as well, my comment was more that he isn't overwriting or losing anything with the expansion ROMs.
Though I agree those need to be made publicly available nonetheless.
ikkini
Some vids I did with Piston Honda Mk2

zolar_czakl
mt3 wrote:
Abyssinianloop wrote:
mt3 wrote:
Aren't the stock ROMs in A-F duplicated from those in 0-5?

Yes, they are. I think he doesn't like the custom roms he loaded in and wants the duplicate stock roms back in the a-f slots.

Yes, I'm assuming that as well, my comment was more that he isn't overwriting or losing anything with the expansion ROMs.
Though I agree those need to be made publicly available nonetheless.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't loaded from the expansion ROM, but I assume the previous owner had. I didn't know that the stock a-f was just a duplicate, so that's good too know that I'm not losing anything by having the custom ROMs loaded. I'm really psyched to have the ability to load other sound in the future. This module is so much fun - amazing sounds abound!
Abyssinianloop
Im curious if anyone got hold of the Governor's new PH roms that it was mentioned might be given out at knobcon? Was that something that happened? Anything interesting?
ianross
Is that issue of the FM pot being like a fine tune pot meant to be fixed or? Does it still affect pitch when you have a signal patched in to the fm input?
richc90
So I just finally sourced a second hand PHmk2 at a good price: super happy since it's my first IME/Harvestman module and the beginning of my "low arts" case.

I'll work my way through this thread over the next days/weeks, but a quick question: when it arrives, is there is an easy way to tell which firmware it has loaded? Am I right in thinking that it displays 2.52 on start up if but only if its on the latest firmware?
mt3
richc90 wrote:
So I just finally sourced a second hand PHmk2 at a good price: super happy since it's my first IME/Harvestman module and the beginning of my "low arts" case.

I'll work my way through this thread over the next days/weeks, but a quick question: when it arrives, is there is an easy way to tell which firmware it has loaded? Am I right in thinking that it displays 2.52 on start up if but only if its on the latest firmware?

I believe that's correct.
See js213's post on Jan 5 2017:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=165472&start=50
richc90
Thanks mt3. The next implication seems to be that if it isn't on 2.52, there is no obvious way of telling which firmware it is on?

Hopefully I can find someone in Berlin with a Pickit who can help me out.
mt3
richc90 wrote:
Thanks mt3. The next implication seems to be that if it isn't on 2.52, there is no obvious way of telling which firmware it is on?

Hopefully I can find someone in Berlin with a Pickit who can help me out.

Drop by Schneiders.
richc90
d'oh! for some reason that idea hadn't crossed my mind...
aghora
wow
waveglider
Where is the PH mkII ROM expander that was on instagram a while back? I really would love some more wavetables!
joskery
Hi!

Waiting for a second hand piston Honda. I've been through this thread searching for samples - any more?

This is what I do! Ease the pain of shipment tracking by listening to samples d'oh!

Thanks!
mt3
joskery wrote:
Waiting for a second hand piston Honda. I've been through this thread searching for samples - any more?

https://soundcloud.com/search/sounds?q=pistonhonda
Fastus
mt3 wrote:
joskery wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/search/sounds?q=pistonhonda

after noticing my PH tracks weren't in your search, tried adding a space between Pison & Honda and got a whole new set of results:

https://soundcloud.com/search/sounds?q=piston%20honda
joskery
Thanks! I've gone through some of SoundCloud but there's definitely new stuff there, too.

If you guys have demos or songs with the PH, feel free to post it here smile
rean1mator
So what exactly is the CV input on the mk2 for? I'm at a loss the purpose of this input. CV being a general term for different types of modulation right? 1v/oct has it's own input. i'm at a loss.
mt3
rean1mator wrote:
So what exactly is the CV input on the mk2 for? I'm at a loss the purpose of this input. CV being a general term for different types of modulation right? 1v/oct has it's own input. i'm at a loss.

Manual here:
http://www.theharvestman.org/pistonmk2.pdf

"The attenuverter is shared between the “CV” and “FM” inputs. CV is a unipolar, exponential frequency input, and FM is an AC-coupled audio input for thru-zero frequency modulation."
rean1mator
thanks, i actually read through the manual a few times but my brain seemed to have filtered out teh exponential frequency input part. haha.

mt3 wrote:
rean1mator wrote:

Manual here:
http://www.theharvestman.org/pistonmk2.pdf

"The attenuverter is shared between the “CV” and “FM” inputs. CV is a unipolar, exponential frequency input, and FM is an AC-coupled audio input for thru-zero frequency modulation."
oranginafiend
how would y'all compare the HDII and the PHII in terms of versatility and overlap? I currently have the HD but am considering swapping it for a PH because I think I'm just not that into the Complex Oscillator sound seriously, i just don't get it
Sinamsis
There's really no overlap.
mt3
Zerolap.
joskery
Hi!

I saw some mentions of this in the thread, but nothing too in-depth:

The FM attenuverter very noticeably affects the oscillator pitch - even if there's nothing plugged in either of the frequency modulation inputs. And the weird thing, it affects the pitch even if there are dummy cables plugged in...? This seems very, very odd.
joey

piston honda thru synchrodyne
mt3
joey wrote:

piston honda thru synchrodyne

Finally had time to check this. You got the wmd psychodryne huh? Is it everything I dreamed it would be?
MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Didn't realize you had this release out:
https://sonicgroove.bandcamp.com/album/human-augmentation-sg-1776
Some excellent movements of black...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next [all]
Page 17 of 18