MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Piston Honda MKII
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 [all]
Author Piston Honda MKII
mt3
darylc wrote:
Has anyone asked Scott about the FM input issue detuning main pitch?

If not, i'm going to ask him if it's possible to fix otherwise i'm reverting to FW 2.1

It makes pitched FM impossible as the tracking is knocked wayyy out with the CV/FM attenuverter

Really annoying as the full 0-5V CV input range makes it so much easier for xyz modulations.

Could you elaborate on the issue?
darylc
It's been mentioned here a few times already.

Hopefully the below outlines the issue in full.

FW V2.52 // PHMKII
No CV applied to any input except 1V/O on VCO.
Listening to Internal output only, everything at 0.

CV//FM attenuverter at 0, everything works perfectly, VCO tracks as expected.

Nothing patched into the CV//FM attenuverter when turned either direction changes the pitch and tracking of the internal ouput.
The tracking is changed so much so that it's not possible to play melodically.

Adding a CV or FM source to the relevant inputs does not remove this strange offset applied by the CV//FM attenuverter.

The result is you can't use the VCO melodically when applying any type of CV//FM modulation to the VCO.

This issue was not present in FW2.1

Frustrating!
dooj88
alright, well i'm a stupid fuckup and decided i didn't care about 'blank spots' in my rom selection until there were blank spots in my rom selection. i loaded thr 4 b.smith roms via the expander (why oh why didn't he sell 6?)

anyone have 2 chips i could buy/borrow (ideal, i'd pay for shipping to and fro) so i can clear these blank slots? i also stupidly didn't load them in order, so it's C and E that are blank (i think..)

the other option is to relaod them in a differnt configuration on the expander leaving the F and G blank so i don't have dead spots when scanning roms. but the expander doesn't have a B slot (see pic) so i'm not sure if this will work, mess something up, etc.

mt3
dooj88 wrote:
alright, well i'm a stupid fuckup and decided i didn't care about 'blank spots' in my rom selection until there were blank spots in my rom selection. i loaded thr 4 b.smith roms via the expander (why oh why didn't he sell 6?)

anyone have 2 chips i could buy/borrow (ideal, i'd pay for shipping to and fro) so i can clear these blank slots? i also stupidly didn't load them in order, so it's C and E that are blank (i think..)

the other option is to relaod them in a differnt configuration on the expander leaving the F and G blank so i don't have dead spots when scanning roms. but the expander doesn't have a B slot (see pic) so i'm not sure if this will work, mess something up, etc.

The ROM chips are cheaply available from mouser or digikey:
"Obtain the 25LC512 serial EEPROM chip in DIP package from your electronics dealer. You can also use the 25AA512 if in stock."

$2 each:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Microchip-Technology/25LC512-I-P? qs=sGAEpiMZZMuVhdAcoizlRSetfYkAy0SVtmQLwJV8L%252b4%3d

The reason there are 4 B.Smith ROMs and not 6 is due to legacy support for Piston Honda mk I (only required 4 ROMs since 2 ROMs were already onboard).
Abyssinianloop
mt3 wrote:
dooj88 wrote:

The ROM chips are cheaply available from mouser or digikey:
"Obtain the 25LC512 serial EEPROM chip in DIP package from your electronics dealer. You can also use the 25AA512 if in stock."

$2 each:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Microchip-Technology/25LC512-I-P? qs=sGAEpiMZZMuVhdAcoizlRSetfYkAy0SVtmQLwJV8L%252b4%3d

The reason there are 4 B.Smith ROMs and not 6 is due to legacy support for Piston Honda mk I (only required 4 ROMs since 2 ROMs were already onboard).

He's also going to need a Pickit 2 or equivalent to program the chips with his own or downloaded files.
dooj88
Abyssinianloop wrote:
He's also going to need a Pickit 2 or equivalent to program the chips with his own or downloaded files.

correct, that was part of my reasoning to just asking to borrow a couple. it cuts down on the number of fiddly tasks in buying/programming my own roms. i don't have a lot of free time and i'd prefer to get these filled as simply as possible.

on the other hand..
my module doesn't display a version number on bootup, so i'm below v2.5. is the additional smoothing worth going to 2.52? the reports with unstable FM tracking are off-putting though. mt3, presumably you're on the latest and you've not experienced this since you're getting proper gnarl? ...additionally, my SHmk2 would be pretty happy with that new update...

guestt wrote:
Mostly PH mk][ but also a really annoying exploration of timing shifts and fails, and the Hexinverter Snare too, drop just after 4:30:

[s]https://soundcloud.com/kel/snare[/s]

that was gorgeous love
mt3
dooj88 wrote:
on the other hand..
my module doesn't display a version number on bootup, so i'm below v2.5. is the additional smoothing worth going to 2.52? the reports with unstable FM tracking are off-putting though. mt3, presumably you're on the latest and you've not experienced this since you're getting proper gnarl? ...additionally, my SHmk2 would be pretty happy with that new update...

I'm below 2.5 as well. I tend not to gravitate toward "smoother" or "cleaner" improvements. The plank toward sterility...
Sinamsis
mt3 wrote:
dooj88 wrote:
on the other hand..

I'm below 2.5 as well. I tend not to gravitate toward "smoother" or "cleaner" improvements. The plank toward sterility...

Ha, I dunno. It's good to have options. I feel like I can get clean pretty dirty. it's hard to go in the other direction. I'd love it if, for example, the Tyme Sefari gets some touch ups in the audio quality department.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 [all]
Page 19 of 19