MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DAY 1: 4 Voice Euclidean Rhythm Generator & MIDI I/O
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author DAY 1: 4 Voice Euclidean Rhythm Generator & MIDI I/O

__ag

And here we go!

Day 1:
Our 4 Voice Euclidean Rhythm Generator & MIDI I/O Expansion

For now we'll leave details for a later post.

Paranormal Patroler

Ok, I'm hooked. Dead Banana

You bloody bloody bastards! you kids get off my lawn

awoke

Looks like there are lots of Euclidean sequencers on the way! Cool!

WaveRider

awoke wrote:

...if someone can entertain me with an explanation, what kind of sequences it does? Euclidean sequencers? what?

Snotrock

^ check this article out for some explanation and further links.
There's a nice vst called eckel which might give you some idea of the possibilities (if you work itb as well)...

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2011/03/circles-and-euclidian-rhythms-of f-the-grid-a-few-music-makers-that-go-round-and-round/

Paranormal Patroler

awoke wrote:

So many options: Stoicheia, Logoi, Klasmata, RCD, SCM, Pamela's Workout, Clockwork and now this! Dead Banana

qfactor

Paranormal Patroler wrote:
awoke wrote:

So many options: Stoicheia, Logoi, Klasmata, RCD, SCM, Pamela's Workout, Clockwork and now this! Dead Banana

Buy them all, buy them all!! very frustrating

DonKartofflo

oh shit woah

microtonal

If this panel were perfectly square we could rotate it and read the other half of the labels.

DonKartofflo

microtonal wrote:
If this panel were perfectly square we could rotate it and read the other half of the labels.

I find them pretty easy to read actually...
It is a huge and deep module, so I guess you have to cramp it a little so it does't eat up too much hp seriously, i just don't get it

I like the concept very much, maybe this and a ustep would make a very cool drum setup?
Euclidean sequences plus some individual ones from usteps could make some cool riddims applause

Ucture

Euclidean thumbs up
is there an offset/shift per sequences?

Ucture

thumbs up

Paranormal Patroler

Ucture wrote:

thumbs up

And my OCD is pushing me to complete the Stoicheia, Logoi, Klasmata combo. It's either those or this!

SunSpots

Need details or head will melt

LIOZPRAV

F*ck Pulse Tornado.. hihi

Paranormal Patroler

LIOZPRAV wrote:
F*ck Pulse Tornado.. hihi

Seriously? We don't know the functions of either of these ... hmmm.....

LIOZPRAV

well, is a thing to look.
- 4 euclidean seqs..
- swing.
- presets can be saved
- a display (yeah, very important to see what the hell those knobs are moving )
- there are more things i dont understand like those fills outputs or the cvs in the bottom, but more is good grin

the only thing i'm missing is the bpm thing in PT but i guess now that trigger riot has it, definitely addac won the euclidean contest.
hihi

exper

Really? Where's the offset?

LIOZPRAV

where's the offset in PT..
i think PT is more fool proof than 402.. is easier somehow to know how to work it.. nicer design ..
but everything else PT can do 402 can too

exper

LIOZPRAV wrote:
i think PT is more fool proof than 402.. is easier somehow to know how to work it.. nicer design ..

SLIP is offset on the PT.

So, if PT has a nicer design and easier interface, (also with the addition of Clock division, burst generator and trigger delay) what's the complaint?

Paranormal Patroler

Well, let's not be negative. I'm just sayin' it's too early to make assumptions and the whole nullify-that-module! deal is consumerist, unproductive and quite silly.

I think ADDAC wins because it's red and red is classy.

LIOZPRAV

exper wrote:
LIOZPRAV wrote:

SLIP is offset on the PT.

So, if PT has a nicer design and easier interface, (also with the addition of Clock division, burst generator and trigger delay) what's the complaint?

the damn thing is taking too long hihi
im just kidding. i love pulse tornado, but everytime i got the chance of asking when is it coming out i just hear crickets..
i thought it would appear @ namm..
but with metropolis coming out, i'm giving it another semester at least!

exper

Well, that was the problem. It was announced because Danjel was excited by the original euclidian thread. Unfortunately, as he had a backlog of other things closer to completion, it has taken a while. Usually we don't know what manufacturers are cooking up ahead of time. In a way it's too bad as others have taken the concept and offered their own version of it. Still, none of the other euclidian modules seem to offer as much as PT does so it still will be amazing when it does come.

meatbeatz

I took Danjels original announcement as stealing the thunder from Tombola's Euclidean Seqeuncer thread, especially that it was no where near going into production (15 months ago). Who knows, there may have been a DIY Tombola Euclid Seq out by now if the thread hadn't become all about PT. It's nice to have a peek at what's in the R&D pipeline but sometimes it borders on eating while looking at what someone else is eating if you know what I'm sayin.

Hanging for more info on this.. Meantime I'll be gettin down with Stoichea.

LIOZPRAV

if Στοιχεῖα had a display i'd go for it.. but not being able to see what you are doing doesn't go well with me..

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5