MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Most regretful gear sale. . .
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Most regretful gear sale. . .
revtor
Well guys, lets hear it..

Ill start.
#1 most regretful gear sale.. Serge soup kitchen panel. Sold for $2200 a few yrs back. Always kick myself in the ass for that one.

#2 FR777 Bought brand new, sold a few yrs later for $700. aargh.

~Steve
zthee
I've never sold anything I regret.

Yet.
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
My story is lame, but I regret doing trade ins because you always get ripped off no matter how cool the shop is.

did that with my nord lead 3 KB and supernova 2 rack. Fuck I miss my supernova 2 :(
Reality Checkpoint
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:
Fuck I miss my supernova 2 :(

That is the one thing that I do not regret having sold, (although my 8 year old son was very cross with me as he liked playing around with it!)

The things I regret selling most were an Asys RS500e EMS Synthi filter and the RS510e EMS Trapezoid Generator. Will buy them again towards the end of the year with my next big modular purchase.
jonkull
I regret selling my loaded Kurzweil K2600RS. Outside of that I've only gotten rid of things I don't use.
dougcl
A-147 VCLFO
A-167 Comparator
XMEN #94
XMEN Giant Size #1
1981 Toyota 4x4 pickup
astroschnautzer
I sold my arp odyssey for 2500FIM that was about 400€ to buy a yamaha a5000 sampler.
DrOctave
all the gear i sold dusty or not i wish i had bottomless pockets i miss it all.
dude
don't know if this counts but i am in the process of selling a 100+ yr old 10k bone bass to buy a bunch of modular stuff. i am not regretting it at all currently but i may be a bit bent out of shape about it down the road... my rule is that if it sits as furniture or in storage for two years+ then it is time to move on but i know some people swear by never selling anything. i wouldn't be able to afford my gearlust if i didn't keep selling things
chrisso
I try not to regret past sales, but......
I sold a stunning pair of original racked Helios mic/pre/eq's.
They needed servicing and i wasn't doing much real instrument recording at the time.
I sold them for about double what I paid for them, but I SHOULD have kept them.

After I bought my Fenix and Serge panels I stopped using my Arp2600.
It was a stunner. In great condition (grey/black version) and it sounded fantastic, warm and rich.
I sold it, but I should have hung on to it. It's too expensive to replace now.
Apart from those two things I don't really regret any other sales.
antennafarm
my EML101. i sold it for rent.

i was really poor at the time, struggling college dropout. sold a lot of awesome stuff. i also had GAS pretty hard, so it was always a weird "trade up/trade down + cash for rent/save up a little/trade back up." i went through a ton of great stuff, that EML101, microwave xt, 777, a blacet rack. this continued through college and eventually i gave up on music entirely.

now that i have a solid job with a steady income, i at least know what i like and what isn't for me!
anonimouse
still have yet to sell anything
droolmaster0
When I was unemployed back in 2001, I waited too long, and needed to generate a bunch of $ pretty quickly. I wound up selling my 4 panel Serge system (could probably reconstruct it - soup kitchen, sequencer panel, a couple more) that I had bought just a few years previously. I had to sell it about about half of what I paid for it. the buyer wound up selling it a few years after that for about what I had paid originally....
DGTom
dougcl wrote:
XMEN #94
XMEN Giant Size #1

A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:
My story is lame, but I regret doing trade ins because you always get ripped off no matter how cool the shop is.

Painfull flashbacccckkkkssss!!!!!!! Man I was a total comic junkie... I would take a stack + pocket money in every week & walk out with another stack :fiend: Rinse & repeat. At one stage I had Spawn 1-13... all gone waah

Somehow I managed to keep my Cable mini-series, signed by John Romita JR...

The only instrument I regret selling is my Korg Delta... wasn't really doing music at the time... I miss those strings!
Christopher Winkels
Moog Source. It did three or four sounds very, very, very well and never gave me a lick of trouble despite the membrane panel and big donk of an encoder knob.

Funny that I don't really regret selling 17 panels of Modcan, but the Source still pains me. It felt like a true instrument and I miss it to bits. In fact, if anyone has one in good working condition and would like to trade for a Pro-One, drop me a line.... *

* Sorry for the stealth "for sale" post!
revtor
I deeply regretted selling my first every DIY synth.. I was stoked when I saw it for sale 4-5 years later and I was able to buy it back for the same price!!!
parasitk
Fender Rhodes

SID Station (kind of... very frustrating )
ignatius
ugh..

bought a FR 777 new years ago.. 1999 and had to sell it later for cash loved that thing. the FR-XS has some of the same sonic guts from what i've heard

i had a mint MS-20.. like perfect.. shiny even. used for a while and sampled it like crazy but had to also sell it for cash...

now.. my most regretted sale is pending now... selling my sacred cow eventide H8000FW + eve/net remote.. for same reason.. need some cash.. anyone wanna buy it???? very frustrating Dead Banana
dkcg
DGTom wrote:
dougcl wrote:
XMEN #94
XMEN Giant Size #1

Painfull flashbacccckkkkssss!!!!!!! Man I was a total comic junkie... I would take a stack + pocket money in every week & walk out with another stack :fiend: Rinse & repeat. At one stage I had Spawn 1-13... all gone waah

I have a few early Spawn comics signed by Todd (met him while working a long time ago, even before the movie was out). A few Sam Keith comics also signed, very nice guy...he walks kinda like the Maxx. And recently got a how to draw the simpsons book as a gift from matt groening. MY ASS IS BLEEDING
I used to collect comics, but pretty much all my vices and rebellion took over my life the day I got my driver's license...

Only instrument I regret getting rid of was an early 80's Ric 330, black white guard. I have a roundneck nickel plated (I think it's nickel on brass) Dobro, slightly fancy, not a vintage one, bought it dirt cheap off a guy who had gotten into a car accident (I assumed it was his fault since he was selling the guitar). Paid about half what it's worth. Every once in a while I think about selling it and starting a buchla system (at least a case and maybe a module), but I would miss it, I wanted one for 20 years before finally finding one I could afford and was not a cheap imitation of a resonator guitar.
L0ren
I sort of regret selling my SH-2. It sounded great, but it got boring after a while. I regret selling my Lexicon PCM-41 and Akai S-900, but I wasn't using them enough to justify the space they were taking up.

d'oh!
DGTom
dkcg wrote:
I have a few early Spawn comics signed by Todd (met him while working a long time ago, even before the movie was out). A few Sam Keith comics also signed, very nice guy...he walks kinda like the Maxx.

Holy freaking crap man!! Thats so awesome! I maintain that Spawn 1-8 were some of the best comics ever! (kinda went to shit after that, but I didn't say that...)

Sam Keith was AMAZING! his Star Wars stuff & the way Jae Lee flipped the inking game on its head with his run on X-Factor totally changed the way I saw things! lol in my minds eye S. Keith is The Maxx!

[/thread-jack]
dougcl
Holy crap, I had no idea about Spawn. Pretty sure I have a very early issue. Can't remember. Dark Horse is right here in my neighborhood. I'm going to resist the urge to now dig through my collection Dead Banana
Waz
I sold;
2 stanton direct drive turntables
stanton mixer
100$ per needle

Sold all for under 150$ I needed the money for a road trip.
Lyonel
parasitk wrote:
Fender Rhodes

Me too, and Mini Model D on Top waah
computer controlled
Hmmm... i've gone through a lot of gear. But it's prbably a 3 way tie between:

My 2nd Pro-One. Had to sell it for rent. But it went to Adam Miller of Le Car/ADULT. fame. So you're hearing it on all their albums =o]

TR-808 and 909. Had to sell them cause i was out of work. I'll probably never get them again. Too pricey. I got the 808 for free and the 909 for $200 =o]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2