MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DAY 3: VCA Quintet Mixing Console
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author DAY 3: VCA Quintet Mixing Console

__ag

Day 3:
ADDAC802 VCA Quintet Mixing Console

This module comes to update our ADDAC802 Audio Mixer

Features:
2 independent mixing channels, Solo and Mix
Mix Output includes a 6th VCA with Pre and Post outputs

5 independent VCA's with:
Independent outputs
Linear or logarithmic control
Solo/Off/Mix switch that routes their audio to the Solo Channel or the Mix channel. In Off position the VCA does not go to the outputs. This way you can use all 5 VCA's separately for different sources (audio or cv) or mix in 2 different chains.
The Solo line is also intended for Pre Listening purposes, using this output to connect your headphones through some headphone amplifier module.

External input into the Mix channel for daisy chaining.

bj_gzp

Uh, i can't wait for this one to get out smile
BJ

Paranormal Patroler

eek! Uber useful for live (or any) situation!

spitznagl

Well, this one's freaking tempting.

Two questions; What's the AC/DC switch for?

Is the external input routed before or after the master VCA? I'm just wondering if it could be used as six individual VCAs.

John Noble

Hmmmm ... database difficulty: the model ADDAC802 is already taken.

http://www.addacsystem.com/product/addac802-vc-mixer

Does the version on the website get replaced by this? hmmm.....

__ag

Yes, 802 will be replaced by this new one!
i will update the website very soon, been experiencing some internet problems today.

And AC/DC switch is for ac or dc coupling putting it simple it's an option to choose between audio(ac) or voltage(dc) signals.

all the very best
andre

DonKartofflo

spitznagl wrote:
Well, this one's freaking tempting.

Two questions; What's the AC/DC switch for?

Is the external input routed before or after the master VCA? I'm just wondering if it could be used as six individual VCAs.

Well it could be five indie vcas for sure. I guess the ext in is before the master, since it wouldn't make much sense to have it after it...

chvad

this is sweet!

microtonal

This is module is very nice. It is so easy to add mix outputs in a multi-VCA module, makes you wonder why it isn't done more often.

microtonal

Link input as seen here should be a requirement for almost any mixer/VCA combination.

Is Solo really a second Mix out? That's better IMHO than a true solo.

Pre and post vca mix outs, icing on the cake!

stellvia

Cool!

Can each channel be used as a mixer without a CV input? i.e. using the VCA control for each channel as a straight volume control?

bj_gzp

stellvia wrote:
Cool!

Can each channel be used as a mixer without a CV input? i.e. using the VCA control for each channel as a straight volume control?

I think that should be no problem. I intend to use it that way as well, with an envelope only on the Master OUT VCA.

Mercutio

The versatility of this module is really impressive !

bj_gzp

Mine is ready (i have seen it with my own eyes!), i paid for it and i'm awaiting the tracking code smile
Now is the worst time, waiting for the postman cry hyper

flo

bj_gzp wrote:
Mine is ready (i have seen it with my own eyes!), i paid for it and i'm awaiting the tracking code smile
Now is the worst time, waiting for the postman cry hyper

Ditto, mine (#2) is on the way as well It's motherfucking bacon yo

Can't wait for it SlayerBadger!

bj_gzp

Interesting, i thought i'll get #2.
But who cares, i just want to get mine yesterday hehe SlayerBadger!

flo

bj_gzp wrote:
Interesting, i thought i'll get #2.
But who cares, i just want to get mine yesterday hehe SlayerBadger!

Interesting indeed. hmmm..... But yeah you're right, who cares, this will be tons of fun.

bj_gzp

I just got #3 Rockin' Banana!
It will be a long day at work zombie
I can't wait to check the solo out.

dj_bluefalcon

I'm getting pretty drooly over these. Any word on their commercial availability in the US? I've sent ADDAC a note, but haven't heard back yet. It's only been a couple of hours, so I'm sure they'll get to it. Just wondered if anyone here had heard anything about it yet.

flo

Well AFAIK the first three modules were just produced; #1 stays at ADDAC, #2 arrived at my place today (pic later) and #3 is with bj_gzp... Don't know about the next "batch" but the fine folks from ADDAC will certainly reply to your email very soon.

Cheers! SlayerBadger!

arnoux

Guys I'm considering to swap my A-132-3 and a uVCA for this one, five VCAs VS four in less HP + I really love the aesthetics of ADDAC stuff..

What I don't understand about the design is the "one knob" configuration, I mean, my A-132-3 has 2 knobs for VCA, CV and Gain, what's in this one the level knob for? How do you like it for percussion sounds? I'm going to pair it with an A-143-2 quad adsr and maybe a Make Noise Function..

Thanks in advance!

flo

The knob is bi-functional: from fully CCW to 12 o'clock it does CV attenuation, then from 12 o'clock to fully CW it does offset. That means, if you don't use any CV, sound will start to appear at 12 o'clock; if you use CV, the knob will attenuate that CV up to 12 o'clock, then start to offset it all (so it won't completely close). While it takes a little time to get used to it, I really like this feature, it's awesome!

Percussive is not a problem either... I have mine paired with an Envelator, Maths and A142-4.

arnoux

Thanks Flo really helpfull!

flo

My pleasure! thumbs up

withakay

flo wrote:
The knob is bi-functional: from fully CCW to 12 o'clock it does CV attenuation, then from 12 o'clock to fully CW it does offset. That means, if you don't use any CV, sound will start to appear at 12 o'clock; if you use CV, the knob will attenuate that CV up to 12 o'clock, then start to offset it all (so it won't completely close). While it takes a little time to get used to it, I really like this feature, it's awesome!

Percussive is not a problem either... I have mine paired with an Envelator, Maths and A142-4.

Wow, that is actually a really cool feature to have, I would have had not idea about that if you had not mentioned it...

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4