Ax73 Midi Controller?

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

rlg42mw
Learning to Wiggle

AX73 firmware testers needed

Post by rlg42mw » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:26 am

I am making a new version of the AX73/VX90 firmware with CC support and sysex patch save/load. No other features are being added. I need a few people with these synths who are willing to take them apart and change the EPROM, then test the new firmware to flush out any bugs. I understand that most people do not have an EPROM programmer, so I will offer to mail EPROMs for $10 each to anyone in the USA who is willing to help with the testing. There could easily be several versions of the code, as things are tweaked. Each new version would cost another $10 to cover my costs. Probably it won't take more than 3-5 iterations, and maybe fewer to get things solid. If you are interested, let me know. Of course anyone who has an EPROM programmer would also be welcome to help with the testing and I would email you an image whenever there is a new one.
Bob Grieb/Tauntek

chrisryan15
Common Wiggler

Re: Ax73 Midi Controller?

Post by chrisryan15 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:22 pm

That sounds interesting! I have an ax73 and would love to try some new firmware out. I've been thinking about buying a eprom programmer and this could be a good excuse to hah

let me know where you are at on the new firmware, id love to run it thru some testing

Return to “General Gear”