MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

alternative m-odule cases
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author alternative m-odule cases
ex_dead_teenager
I'm still thinking about serge despite my efforts not to. I got to patching up that Little Boy Blue and now I'm bananacrazy that thing is so much fun it should be illegal. anyway I've been thinking about a mini serge system to compliment it something like a Creature + ASR Quantizer but I don't want to go bananas with the Serge as I've already got a Buchla on the make and a nearly finished euro system I like these smaller panels but I dont want another rack case. Ideally I'd like to get some kind of mini serge suitcase for two m-odules do such things exist or would I have to DIY it and what about the PSU? or that black stripe bit? I'm a total neophyte when it comes to Serge. All I know is what I learned when I was first thinking about it.
richard
wrong forum ex!

R
ex_dead_teenager
aw shit. I totally thought I was in Buchla, that's it I'm cutting myself off, no more muff when I'm toasted.
HexEnduction
Regarding the black strip, that's the power distro for using the PS2a with up to 4 M-odules. Each 2 M-odule boat has this strip in the center so you can run the PS2a into one boat and daisy from one power dist to the next boat power dist.
sandyb
ex_dead_teenager wrote:
aw shit. I totally thought I was in Buchla, that's it I'm cutting myself off, no more muff when I'm toasted.

lol
i'll move it!
bwhittington
This is what you want:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6191&highlight=serge +case

A thing of beauty, in my opinion.

Cheers,
Brian
chimologic
just ordered two eek!

wait time right now is 4 to 5 weeks
confusional
Redacted.
bwhittington
Does anyone have photos of an empty m-boat? I would be curious to see the power distribution, etc.

Cheers,
Brian
parasitk
bwhittington wrote:
Does anyone have photos of an empty m-boat? I would be curious to see the power distribution, etc.

Cheers,
Brian

Yes!

Here is a half empty boat: http://muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4398

And there used to be pics here, I believe (but they're missing! hmmm..... )
http://muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4115
bwhittington
Beautiful shots of the boards, but I'm interested in seeing what's going on behind the little black thingy. (Sorry, nerds, I meant "behind the mysterious black obelisk which is a function block into itself.")

I was wondering if I could mount four m-odules in a custom wood case that looked like a window pane, and just mount the black bit inside or in the back, or something. If the modules were spaced a bit, it seems they would be isolated as well as they are in the m-boat, which someone said does wonders for the s/n ratio.

Cheers,
Brian
parasitk
Yes that second thread had pics of the center black panel, but they're unfortunately missing now. I have them saved though, I'll PM them to you.

(edit: PMed!)
confusional
Redacted.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1