MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DAY 7: Ultra .WAV Player
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author DAY 7: Ultra .WAV Player
tiny333
Well i posted a drum sample u tell me

thumbs up

You can use it in so many different ways .. Thats the fun of it i guess

Its great when all the lights are flashing and its just doing its crazy thing

Rockin' Banana!
Noisefan
22.5khz seems adequate. Fine. Near Mint?

I am very intrigued by this Ultra module but am still looking for some more info.

How do people use/play it. Manually with knobs? CV manipulation? If you've got the expander to hit 8 samples how do you address all 8?

I've watched a few videos of the basic wav player and I see a lot of knob turning with not much response. How much control and variety is possible?
tiny333
Well its a bit unique

Reading the manual should explain what you can do with it
I have the expansion but tbh tend to use the file access cv
Im sure it will come in handy one day

All in all its a wonderful modual and i need another

8_)
balpirol
has anyone tested more than 36 files ?
I tested files a.wav,...0.wav until 9.wav
All files 22050 kHz mono
all was okay.
But copying the next file aa.wav (22050 kHz, mono) there was an error.
Deleting all files and renaming aa.wav to a.wav, then copying this new a.wav on card there was no error any longer.
Mysterious. Firmware error ?
digidandy
Can the 111 do "false time stretching", that is cycle through a sample with very short loop times so it sounds like it is being time stretched?

Any sound examples?
balpirol
after testing and corresponding with ADDAC it is not possible to use more than 36 files (only a-z, 0-9). Filenames like aa does not work.
lyfer
This thing is unbelievable.
ADDAC System
Hi!

You Can check the new ADDAC111 demo videos here:

All the best,
ADDAC Team
lyfer
ADDAC System wrote:
Hi!

You Can check the new ADDAC111 demo videos here:

All the best,
ADDAC Team

I had just watched these before I posted. Amazing work.
pantalones
Sorry if i'm missing this in the description, but can this sample from an input or does it only playback off SD?
JNG
No sample input, it reads samples off a micro sd card
noisefor
Recently got a 111, and WOW, what a truly amazing and innovative circuit! Well exceeded my expectations once I got it lit up and my head around the functions. Anyone looking for unconventional ways to work with samples in a modular context this is it. Really nothing else like it. The sample rate is a non-issue (imo), and formatting cards is super easy (on a Mac). It's like a dream - The closest thing I had for this type of sampling fun was Max/MSP, and now its all in my modular. Best part is it's purely dependent on what I feed it - so great!
mafouka
Anybody care to share how they keep their micro SD cards organized (physically)? ? ?

They've got these bad boys available, but there's not much room to label what's on the card, plus they only hold 10 cards. Are any of you marking directly on the card using a marker/sticker?

I got crafty and shaped some tape holsters onto graft paper where I could label the content of each card. This method is ok for the studio, but not very sturdy when it comes to transporting for gigging etc.
mafouka
Is anyone else having trouble formatting their SD cards on Win8???
mafouka
OK,

Andre got back to me quickly and informed me Win 8 now leaves hidden carrier files in SD cards now cry . . . Although, there is a solution!

The solution is to run Command Prompt from the start menu and then enter in the following prompt:

"RmDir /s /q "e:\System Volume Information"

remember you'll need to change the "e:\ suffix to whatever letter the SD card comes up as, depending on how many drives u got running in yr system. Mine was h:\ for example.

cheers
Mosiej
this is amazing . I want one.... time to sell the octatrack?
jc23
great module, just got one. keenly priced these days too boot!

keep the octatrack!
nedrush
Hi. I'm considering one of these but the sample rate seems real poor compared to others I've looked at, plus the naming system of files seems faffy.

Im going by what I've read in the manual from 2013. Have there been any updates?

I think what I'm really asking is what's the audio quality like. Cheers.
jc23
as i have to re sample most things to 22050, as well as renaming when saving, the file name system hasn't really bothered me.

audio quality, it works for me.

great module.
nedrush
I've got one. Have had a quick play but nothing deep yet. Seems I can't play samples backwards?

Otherwise I think I'll have some good use for it. Would love to hear other people patch ideas.
ADDAC System
nedrush wrote:
I've got one. Have had a quick play but nothing deep yet. Seems I can't play samples backwards?

Otherwise I think I'll have some good use for it. Would love to hear other people patch ideas.

Glad you're enjoying it! thumbs up
nedrush
ADDAC System wrote:
nedrush wrote:

I am, although I had some questions I sent in a tech support email from the website, I don't know if that was received? Or if indeed you are connected to that contact?
ADDAC System
nedrush wrote:
ADDAC System wrote:
nedrush wrote:

I am, although I had some questions I sent in a tech support email from the website, I don't know if that was received? Or if indeed you are connected to that contact?

I don't handle emails myself, unless you send me a PM here. In any case I will make sure you get a reply! Just in case your questions are simple, have you checked the user's manual for the ADDAC111 ?
nedrush
ADDAC System wrote:
nedrush wrote:
ADDAC System wrote:
nedrush wrote:

I don't handle emails myself, unless you send me a PM here. In any case I will make sure you get a reply! Just in case your questions are simple, have you checked the user's manual for the ADDAC111 ?

I've checked the manual. My unit seems a little buggy in places. It may be because it's from a previous owner. Something don't work as described. I wondered if there was a way to reset the firmware or factory settings.
ADDAC System
nedrush wrote:
I've checked the manual. My unit seems a little buggy in places. It may be because it's from a previous owner. Something don't work as described. I wondered if there was a way to reset the firmware or factory settings.

Hi nedrush, would you please be so kind as to send another email to addac@addacsystem.com ? They'll help you out.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 6 of 7