MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Search is fixed!!! Apologies for the downtime.

DAY 7: Ultra .WAV Player
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author DAY 7: Ultra .WAV Player
__ag
DAY 7:
ULTRA .WAV PLAYER & EXPANSION

A .WAV Player with more controls for more serious .wav playing.

This will be an addition to out line, both ADDAC101 .WAV Player & ADDAC111 Ultra .WAV Player will be available.

Paranormal Patroler
M a s s i v e eek! hyper
bj_gzp
It's motherfucking bacon yo Rockin' Banana! Bananallama!
Ah everything i wished for that was missing in the 101. Except for the v/oct control. But I can't have it all wink

May the force be with you on that one.
Hoping for a fast introduction to the market.

BJ
Paranormal Patroler
bj_gzp wrote:
May the force is with you on that one.
Hoping for a fast introduction to the market.

Darth Vader voice samples is where it's at! w00t
SewerBadger
Fooooook!!! eek!
bj_gzp
You can't believe how hot i'm on that one. The direct triggers make it much more useful than the 101.
Will make a nice combo, 101 to cheat and 111 to rock smile

I hear already a KP patch using samples as drivers, up to 8 different attack sounds to get the virtual string going SlayerBadger!

BJ
Paranormal Patroler
bj_gzp wrote:

I hear already a KP patch using samples as drivers, up to 8 different attack sounds to get the virtual string going SlayerBadger!

BJ

I'd be really interested to see what you have in mind. Can you be more specific?
bj_gzp
mmmh i have plenty of ideas smile not sure if this is the right thread for details.
In short, you make a normal KP patch, but in the place of noise impulses you use samples. Having different length/timbre samples as drivers permits to vary the attack sound a lot, without having to adjust envelopes/filters. basically you record the pulses and trigger them in the sampler as needed.
I had some interesting results with longer samples to make it sound bowed and not plugged as with a pulse.

BJ
Paranormal Patroler
bj_gzp wrote:
mmmh i have plenty of ideas smile not sure if this is the right thread for details.
In short, you make a normal KP patch, but in the place of noise impulses you use samples. Having different length/timbre samples as drivers permits to vary the attack sound a lot, without having to adjust envelopes/filters. basically you record the pulses and trigger them in the sampler as needed.
I had some interesting results with longer samples to make it sound bowed and not plugged as with a pulse.

BJ

It's relative to the module so I don't see what we can't converse here. I see your point and it does make sense; I'll try it out if I get my hands on one. I love KP, it's the reason why I'm using modular in the first place.
bj_gzp
The fact that samples are now addressable with CV control and Gates makes it a different tool than the 101.
What could be fun is a sequencer on the Gates in for some simple monophonic drum beats. SlayerBadger!

bj
bj_gzp
André,

Did you change the SD card format? The card-slot seems to be a bit short for a normal SD card. I hope it will stay the same format as for 101. I just stocked up on SD cards.

BJ
numan7
MY ASS IS BLEEDING so this is capable of 8 note chords with arbitrary wave files for each note.... woah which meansI can has multi-timbral sequences of maj/min/aug/sus/dim/etc (using the file cv to sequence both the timbres of the notes and their intervals with respect to the root cv-in?! BOOM!

we're not worthy bravo addac! applause

cheers
bj_gzp
numan7 wrote:
MY ASS IS BLEEDING so this is capable of 8 note chords with arbitrary wave files for each note.... woah which meansI can has multi-timbral sequences of maj/min/aug/sus/dim/etc (using the file cv to sequence both the timbres of the notes and their intervals with respect to the root cv-in?! BOOM!

we're not worthy bravo addac! applause

cheers

NOPE!
It's just a monophonic wave player like the 101 with much more sophisticated control on sample selection.

sorry to shoot you down :(

bj
mDang
did i understand correctly, now we'll can chose the sample with a cv ?
bj_gzp
mDang wrote:
did i understand correctly, now we'll can chose the sample with a cv ?

Yes smile with CV over the playback modes, in the 101 you have only the frontpanel switches for it.
The Gates are for direct access of the first 8 files...

bj
numan7
hmmm..... so the gate inputs on the expander override file-cv on the main 111 panel when any of them is held high? and what happens when more than 1 gate input is active simultaneously?

interesting! smile

cheers
mDang
greaaaaat news smile
i love the error's led !!! haha !
bj_gzp
numan7 wrote:
and what happens when more than 1 gate input is active simultaneously?

I have the same question! I suppose there is a logic like for monophonic keyboards. Not sure if highest or last File has prio.

Cheers,
Björn
awoke
please stop. my finances can't keep pace here!
ersatzplanet
I would love to have built in or as an expansion board a LED numeric readout of the file name being played (for queuing up a sound before playing it). If the file naming format is the same as the 101 all that is needed is a standard single 8 segment LED (use the period for double characters - A. for AA or 1. for 11). Performance wise this would help ALOT.
Mercutio
Pure madness..........The expansion is "core utility" don t understand why it s an expansion!....
spitznagl
Mercutio wrote:
Pure madness..........The expansion is "core utility" don t understand why it s an expansion!....

Why not? If I buy one I won't need the expansion since I could just sequence it using one cv and one gate out of my Cirklon. It's nice to have the possibility to decide depending on your needs. Somebody who doesn't need the 8 gates is going to save 4HP and some money while you're just going to need four extra screws.
Ucture
thumbs up
Selador
This is a game changer for me... The Phonogrne came close to achieving the same sample manipulation I do in a DAW, but this ADDS to what I have in my toolbox. You earned this bacon. It's motherfucking bacon yo

we're not worthy
DoctorDoolittle
bj_gzp wrote:

BJ

will someone please point me in the right direction? I'm trying to find a working definition of "KP patch" seriously, i just don't get it ..... is this a total noooob question?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6