MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

if i could only get one panel of serge
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author if i could only get one panel of serge
blz
this is for the m class modules

ok i was wondering if i could get only one panel what should i get

so basicly which panel will give me everything i need for fun bizzare sounds

im looking for textures and bizzare noises and crazy drones

i was thinking creature could do this nicely but serge just seems as if any of this stuff could pull off crazy fun noises

and does anyone know how long it takes for module to be built

thanks
mono-poly
Animal
science
I'd say go with the creature, because I'm considering doing the same thing in an m-locker single panel box thumbs up
blz
ok do you guys know the time it takes to make say the animal or creature and how much is the deposit

thanks
science
The Animal is a full size panel.

I don't personally know how long it takes or how much the deposit is, but from what I've read on here and heard from other people, it probably won't take more than 2 months... and Rex actually delivers on his promises.

Go here:
http://www.serge-fans.com/index.htm

Then call Rex and ask him, he'd be your best source of info.
sascha.victoria
I second the Animal. I have one and it really has just about everything you'd want in a 1 panel system. You'd be very hard pressed to put to gether similar functionality using 1 panel of M-Class modules. If you choose to expand well, that's never a problem.

I think Rex estimates most single Shop Panels / M-Class orders at 2 months. This way he can address the orders in the order they were received and have a buffer to make sure things get done. That way if your order takes less time you're psyched at the customer servce you've gotten. If there's a snag in the process he will contact you to let you know he might need a few more days. Rex is amazing at customer service and managing your expectations. As far as I'm concerned he's the best in the biz.
aetherpulse
I got my Creature the same week I sent the check, but I had been talking with Rex for about a month before that. I think he may have had one made and set aside already.

I agree you should call and talk to Rex about it. He probably will have many ideas on how to approach what you want.
confusional
Redacted.
don h
Wasn't Rex putting out the nice, wooden M-locker for M-Class?
...see if I can do this right...
don h
stealing more pictures from the Serge list:

Perfect for just a Creature!
confusional
Redacted.
science
That sucks about the m-locker. I kind of wanted one with a creature in it.

Oh well.
don h
It doesn't look impossible, maybe one could find another woodworker, and get the specs + pwr supply from Rex?
Maybe even fit a small amp & speakers?
don h
It doesn't look impossible, maybe one could find another woodworker, and get the specs + pwr supply from Rex?
science
Yea I already have someone in mind actually - but I'm keeping him busy with my euro case first thumbs up
blz
ok so how do i get on this serge list thing

thanks
don h
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/SergeModular/
and look here:
http://quadslope.com/blog/
and here!
http://www.fastheadache.blogspot.com/
blz
i really like that single unit wooden box is he planning on trying to make that happen with a different wood elf?
confusional
Redacted.
blz
oh yeah is there a adapter from 1/8 to banana cable cause id love to use my sequencer with the serge

thanks
blz
ok i just talked to serge and got alot of my questions answered so im happy

now its time to sell off some gear to get the cash i need

thanks everyone
parasitk
blz wrote:
ok i just talked to serge and got alot of my questions answered so im happy

Nice! What did you decide in the end? It's peanut butter jelly time!
Reptil
hmmm yes!!????
blz
ill be getting the serge creature and see how i like it i know ill love it like a child and from there i shall expand i was happy to hear of the 1/4 to banana cable which will allow me to use my snd sequencer on it and my euro so im pretty happy now i just have to get the cash and then its fun times mcgee for me

ill ask your guys advice about the next module once i get this and have some play time with it
science
Why not ask Rex?
blz
well ill do that to but you guys are super helpful in general ill do a cross polination of info between you guys and rex

rex by the way was super nice and a joy to talk to
b3nsf
I vote for creature & quad slope because thats what I did at that time and I was very pleased using the slopes as oscillators, envelopes, filters, lag processors and the scaling buffers are good too.

I dont have a gator but I hear good things about it! Guinness ftw!
blz
yeah odds are ill get the quad slope later down the line

so im for sure getting the creature

any ideas on how i can use the smooth and stepped gen i have a basic idea just need some suggestions

and by that i mean how can i get some fun sounds when i get it any fun things you guys can give me a heads up to would be awesome
smitty
blz wrote:
yeah odds are ill get the quad slope later down the line

so im for sure getting the creature

any ideas on how i can use the smooth and stepped gen i have a basic idea just need some suggestions

and by that i mean how can i get some fun sounds when i get it any fun things you guys can give me a heads up to would be awesome

The Serge/Darwin calendar starts with a Creature. if you want 4 legs in one panel, you need an Animal. If you want to inject more variable DNA in to the Serge Universe, pair the Creature with any other M-class. nanners
confusional
Redacted.
sascha.victoria
blz wrote:

Check out the 3 SSG Hijinx pages on the Ereges site.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 2