MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The New Buchla Music Easel
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next [all]
Author The New Buchla Music Easel
pricklyrobot
Kent wrote:
Macron wrote:
218e design is epic fail, I think, very sad...waah
How it is can be? After 222e (and many more awesome touch controllers before!) made this piece of crap? seriously, how it happen? Who made this?
not this shit again

How so? What on earth are you talking about? Additionally, why would you not be more careful with the words you use to express your alarm and amazement? "piece of crap" is totally unwarranted and is an insult to the people that just busted their humps in getting this product to the market.

Also, try to not use the latest in worn out internet speak. "Epic Fail"? Please look up the words "epic" and "fail". I normally cut those without native English skills a lot of slack, but I'll make an exception in your case as you are being reactionary and callous.

Picard emoticon indeed.
Also, I've been wondering for a while now, if "fail" is now the more popular noun choice, does "failure" become the de facto verb form. As in: 'I attempted to communicate effectively, but I failured, epically." hmmm.....
E.A.S.
jack to the left of the card edge connector.

-M
Kent
sempervirent wrote:
Kent wrote:
Anyone else wanna play?

Arpeggiator on the new one, along with four preset voltages on the top right of the 218e instead of three.

Knobs on the 218e have no pointers, might be encoders?

Also worth noting, "Buchla Electronic Musical Instruments" on the lower right of the top panel (first appearance of this new brand on hardware I believe).

Thanks for pointing those out. I should have been clear that I was talking about the 208 modules as they are being touted as 'clones' by BEMI (excluding the Bluetooth & WiFi stuff). The keyboard is a new item.
sempervirent
Sure. I don't see any other differences on the 208 though.
chinard
damn..

damn damn damn damn

DAMN!!!!

just when i thought i had my buchla lust under control...
Macron
Wow! Don't beat me!) It is just my opinion! My first reaction was: - "Just another easel clone?" Or feeling, like you see Killer Instinct 3 intro on You Tube.

And I talk only about design, it is terrible for bucla standarts, just IMHO, ok?

Yes, I don't played on real 218, but I know how to play on a more little keys, like a Casio VL-1, for example.
darenager
chrisso
Macron wrote:
My first reaction was: - "Just another easel clone?"

Because the market is saturated with 'Easel Clones'?

Quote:
And I talk only about design, it is terrible for bucla standarts, just IMHO, ok?

Hard to say from a couple of pics only surely?
My model 216 is even more basic than the Easel touchplate..... and I absolutely love it.
Like many music forum posts you went for 'piece of crap, instead of 'meh, doesn't look that good to me'.
If you don't like the look of it, it still isn't an 'epic fail...piece of crap'.
itijik
Oh no...love
roman_f
chrisso wrote:
Macron wrote:
My first reaction was: - "Just another easel clone?"

Because the market is saturated with 'Easel Clones'?

Quote:

Hard to say from a couple of pics only surely?
My model 216 is even more basic than the Easel touchplate..... and I absolutely love it.
Like many music forum posts you went for 'piece of crap, instead of 'meh, doesn't look that good to me'.
If you don't like the look of it, it still isn't an 'epic fail...piece of crap'.

i think macron means that he loves 218 and doesn't like look of 218e
thiagozt
Really? I swear yesterday I had a thought while riding in the subway and it was very clear and freeing - I felt like my lust for any gear was gone, I felt like I owned everything I needed and/or wanted in order to make the music I want to make. This morning I woke up to this and I now am feeling like an addict that thought he was done with the drugs, and was ready to move on, maybe have a family, buy a nice house, until... MY ASS IS BLEEDING
sempervirent
^ That would be funny if it was a joke...
amnesia
The keys seem longer on the new easel.
Macron
Oh... Once again (third time)))): if i say "piece of crap", this is only for me, and this is only my opinion!
And I think all off buchla controller looks cool (216 too).
This new 218e look really bad.

My "Just another easel clone?" because it is looks like clone! That's all! Simple!

If you don't see this, i can only say: good luck and enjoy with your new Buchla.
chrisso
Macron wrote:
Oh... Once again (third time)))): if i say "piece of crap", this is only for me, and this is only my opinion!

It just lacks respect for the people making these interesting tools for us.
You could be saying "I don't like it", or whatever.
I see there is a raging debate about BEMI vs clones. I'm just happy more people are making great modules for us to use.
I wouldn't say a Roman clone looked like 'a piece of crap' or a new B&A design, or one of Djangofire's DIY modules.
I guess English isn't your first language, but 'piece of crap' is just about as dismissive and negative as you can get.
jcoplin
I have to admit that I am in the Buchla hater camp. I find the prices obnoxious by any metric and the sounds I hear out of the systems to be uninteresting and uninspiring. However, the Music Easel is probably the one exception. It just seems like such an *instrument* in a way none of the other Buchla systems seem to be. I can definitely see the appeal and despite my general disinterest in Buchla, I have to give him big props for making it again.

James R. Coplin
ChrisR

Pm'ed for Easel
de_raaf
looks cool, wondering if its a functional one already
i think its great news for buchla, hope the make more than the original one
waiting for some demos by some of you :-)
reignbear
de_raaf wrote:
looks cool, wondering if its a functional one already

looks that way. about 9 seconds into the video the camera pans around and you can see there is another easel that someone is playing with headphones on.
burnn_out!
Not sure I'll ever be able to afford it but do we have a when yet?
fredguy
Kudos to Don and BEMI. Seems like an extremely well thought out instrument
that merges the Buchla past with the present. You can interface it with an iPad
but you don't have to. thumbs up
richard
as in "goddammit, that is the eighth just another fucking buchla easel clone I've stood in this week"?
Votek_Mendo
Want more info on the OSC thing
dogoftears
Votek_Mendo wrote:
Want more info on the OSC thing

Want more info, period.
Want videos and sound.
Want one in front of me to play with. Knew i shoulda taken that namm badge offer...
Votek_Mendo
Some Nice pictures here:
http://www.fdiskc.com/syn/namm/2013/index.html
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next [all]
Page 3 of 45