MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Weevil Matrix patch
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Weevil Matrix patch
a scanner darkly
Been thinking about patching power starved Weevil through a matrix mixer, tried it yesterday and thought I'd post it.

This one is using Weevil as audio source, one of these days I need to try same patch (Weevil 3 or 4 outs into a matrix mixer) but using it at LFO rates as a modulation source (sorta like a "Twilight Binary Zone"...)

Main heart of this patch is SYN1. SEQ1 is controlling Weevil's power starvation. All 3 Weevil's oscillators are in audio range, not synced. Outs from all 3 go into the matrix mixer #1. 4th input is the 4th output providing feedback through the SV filter (LP).

Outputs of that matrix mixer go out to:
#1 - 1V/Oct on SF filter & CV1 on PT Delay #2 (right channel)
#2 - CV1 on PT Delay #1 (left channel) & QCV on SF filter
#3 - CV2 on PT Delay #1
#4 - SF filter audio in and to pitch CV on the Weevil's oscillator #2

Additional modulation is coming from the 4 phase shifted outputs of the Quadrature Oscillator. Audio additionally goes through Wave Folder and Drive, and gets chopped by VCA and LPG gated by SEQ1. Additional feedback paths from each delay through the matrix mixer #2, some going through the BugCrusher and the Freq Shifter.

Nothing else except a bit of Koma and Cocoquantus as send effects. The patch is self generating, I do some knob twiddling in the middle part though.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/scannerdarkly/weevil-patch-bugbrand[/s]
dan_p
nice patchin' scanner
a scanner darkly
Thanks Dan!

I'm picturing early morning, a little pond and a flock of ducks for some reason... "Do ducks eat bugs? Do bugs eat ducks?" hihi
themanthatwasused
a scanner darkly
applause
You sir are not helping with my Weevil Lust.
waah
Please give the little guy some.
I badly want a Weevil!
numan7
applause very nice, a scanner darkly!

hmmm..... and that's it, i'm patching BugBrand! this weekend (*all weekend*)! thanks for the inspiration!

cheers
otoskope
Nice! Thanks for posting. I love this kind of sounds.
/Palle
KNYST
Cool sounds and interesting patch!

Reminded me slightly of a similar experiment of my own (SYN1 + PRC1 only)
http://knyst.bandcamp.com/track/bug-mechanical-air-fleet-preparing-for -take-off
themanthatwasused
KNYST wrote:
Cool sounds and interesting patch!

Reminded me slightly of a similar experiment of my own (SYN1 + PRC1 only)
http://knyst.bandcamp.com/track/bug-mechanical-air-fleet-preparing-for -take-off

Nice one KNYST
applause
Sounds really mechanical.
Your aesthetic in sound is always close to what I am trying to achieve.
Guinness ftw!
BananaPlug
More mechanical sounds:

SYN1 and PRC1 but other stuff too.
a scanner darkly
Thanks guys!

KNYST, BananaPlug - love those sounds! SYN1 and PRC1 really make great buddies. Between power starve and higher delay settings on PRC1 when it starts to break there is a lot of sweet sounds to be found.

Sitting here with my morning coffee and all of a sudden I hear something that sounds like Bug - look around and realize it was birds outside... Something very organic about Bug's nature, but I'm really liking the mechanical nature of these tracks too, gotta try that direction as well, thanks for inspiration.

themanthatwasused - have you thought of getting a stand alone Weevil?
KNYST
Yes, SYN1 + PRC1 = a match made in heaven

thanks for your comments.

BananaPlug, those tracks are pure gold! I want to download them.
fredguy
Killer patches scanner, KNYST, and BananaPlug. Thanks for the Saturday
night inspiration. I've been neglecting the weevil as a sound source as of
late. Came up with this:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguy-1/delayed-weevil[/s]
a scanner darkly
Thanks for making this a great thread guys, good to hear the variety of sounds with a similar patch.

Same here, been mostly using it as a clock. Should be great as a modulation source too through a matrix mixer, going to try modulating PRC1 with it.
themanthatwasused
a scanner darkly wrote:
themanthatwasused - have you thought of getting a stand alone Weevil?

I have looked into that, but I would very much love having a module in my system.
Paging Tom.
help
KNYST
^
very different beasts, but both are highly recommended.

more SYN1 sounds in this old thread:
anyone willing to demo syn1 Weevil?

And if interested, here are some sounds made with standalone Weevils:
Weevil08 and AudioWeevil08 and Workshop Oscillator Machine
a scanner darkly
Yeah, definitely different beasts, and you won't get the CV control with the BoardWeevil but at least it might get you close to that sound.

Definitely worth having both though, I had a BoardWeevil 2012 and had to sell it but hoping to get it again one day. Will always have warm feelings for it as it was my introduction to the Bug world.

I think it would be hard to replicate some of the BW personality in BugBrand, even not taking light sensors and pads into account. Awesome little beast with huge personality in a tiny body.
a scanner darkly
numan7 wrote:
applause very nice, a scanner darkly!

hmmm..... and that's it, i'm patching BugBrand! this weekend (*all weekend*)! thanks for the inspiration!

cheers

thumbs up looking forward to what you come up with.
numan7
[s]http://soundcloud.com/shinybeast/scanning-darkly[/s]

this is 2 weevils (one all audio-rate outputs, the other all LFO-rate) and 2 matrix mixers (one patched as 3x3, the other as 3x2).

it sort of gets a giorgio moroder vibe going. thanks for this thread! cool!

cheers
a scanner darkly
Cool patch (and great track name hihi ), love how the sound changes when switched to Unstable.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1