MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla + Serge
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla + Serge
sascha.victoria
Does anyone out there have both Buchla and Serge? After dealing with the grounding issue do they play nicely together? I can address the 1.2 v/oct with my Kenton Pro2000 or Volta.

I'm thinking of getting 2 Buchla oscillators to start out and then grow from there.
alt-mode
Buchla likes +0-10V CVs and +10V triggers and gates. Serge/Cynthia/Modcan like -5V - +5V CVs and +5V triggers & gates. You also have to convert the audio signals from 1/8" to banana so you will need at least interface cables, if not a panel for conversion.

So, you can do it and I have but it wasn't a productive workflow for me and I was a bit worried about driving the Serge/Cynthia/Modcan stuff too hard at times.
don h
I think my experiences were similar, and for me, at least now, musically counter productive.
There are those out there who have made the combination work though.
sascha.victoria
Yeah, sounds like it is feasible but it could be a constant pain in the ass. I'll have to think about this some more. Thanks for the info guys!
chrisso
I have both and found the musical results after minutes of fiddling with issues to be moderate at best.
I have very successfully integrated my Serge panel with a Modcan and Cynthia system, but the Buchla works best on it's own. At least for me.
drewskee
I am sitting right now listening to a hybrid set of bleeps coming from a integration of a custom panel of serge and a panel of buchla 200e. This is this first time I have actually set them up together and they work GREAT together!!!

The only thing you need to remember is that that Buchla wants to see 0 to +10 and some of the Serge CV's are bipolar. I have my SOU modulating a bunch of things in the Serge and my Dual Random modulating the Buchla.

I have audio going between both panels as well. I am likely going to create a wood case with the two panels and a small thin panel of attenuators, banana to 1/8 converters and some Doepfer CV mixers running of the Serge supply.

The hybrid of these two is truly the best of both worlds...sounds ah-mazing!
prscrptn
drewskee wrote:
I am sitting right now listening to a hybrid set of bleeps coming from a integration of a custom panel of serge and a panel of buchla 200e. This is this first time I have actually set them up together and they work GREAT together!!!

let us hear it... thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1