MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modcan Quad LFO in Euro Format - Released and Demos!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Author Modcan Quad LFO in Euro Format - Released and Demos!
SunSpots
Guinness ftw!

Okay folks, Bruce said I can post this even though it's pretty early. I used to own a Modcan A Quad LFO and there's nothing rivaling it in Euro that I've found (personally). So I was wondering if he was going to bring it over to Euro Land, so we can play with it... what I found out was better than anticipated

Question: "I miss the quad lfo I used to have before I went to euro.
Are u planning on porting it over soon?"

Bruce: "I'm working on it now. Hope to have it out before summer.
I'm just getting the new Dual Delay built. It is going to be great."

Question: "Do you think the QLFO will be full featured like the Modcan A? It would be better than any LFO out there in my opinion. Vermona recently came out with their quad lfo, but it's just not even close to what you have going on. I totally respect your marketing in this matter, but do you mind if I tell the muffwiggler folks that the Quad LFO is in the works? smile

Bruce: "Yes it will have all the same features as the A/B series version.
It will also have an upgrade with 4 separate Gate ins with reset/hold/sync choice for
each channel independently. I have also added a range switch for each channel so it can go well
up into audio range. probably 5kHz for using with audio modulation. Sure go ahead and talk it up on Muffs. The more the merrier."

So what do you think? He's adding separate gate in's per channel! Also audio rate modulation! I was like eek! then I was all Rockin' Banana! then I am certainly SlayerBadger! w00t in the end.

Spots
bphenix
I would love 4 separate gate inputs on the QuadLFO. I would actually love 5 gate inputs. 4 for the individual LFO sync / reset / hold and a global 5th for the 'rotate output' feature. Taking that further, the 5th input could be switchable, mode 1 is a gate input that rotates the output and mode 2 is a CV input that provides a scanner like cross fade to the mix output.

I would definitely upgrade my 61B for those features.
matttech
any LFO that can actually reset properly is fine by me!!

any special resetting tricks would be a bonus
SunSpots
sexy ideas. I didn't get too deep into it. I'm hoping Bruce will pop in once this thread gets going.

But yeah, 4 gate inputs had me all hot and excited
Entrainer
all good news except the Summer part.

I may have to cave and get a Vermona FOURmulator
or WMD PDO.

But wow...

hope I can hold out. I need more modulation!!
The ADDAC VC Filterbank is dying for a Quad LFO + inverters.
SunSpots
I loooove my vc filterbank. Actually getting it into my case recently is what inspired me to contact Bruce. Would be great patch pals!
Also on the hunt for a res 4... smile

Like Matt said syncing properly is a major issue. In fact it was like a huge let down when I came into euro from modcan. Modcan was just so fully featured and well done! But I'm glad I did, and hopefully the Qlfo will see release soon.
BananaPlug
Wow that's fantastic. Have it in A format. I might consider one of these feature crept euro versions for my mostly frac rig.

You really want to park an O'Tool next to this thing. It's peanut butter jelly time!
pas
Ha! Just bought a 2nd in 'a' format, those are nice additions...damn, but it serves me well the way it is. One of the greatest modules I've touched.
MrDys
This is the best modulator out there. I cannot wait to get one.
Neo
@mattech I don't think you'll be dissapointed... take a look at this:

http://www.modcan.com/bseries/manuals/QuadLFOB.pdf

o m g w00t
Mitchk1989
applause
NV
I've been hoping Bruce would bring the Quad LFO into euro. It's really a fantastic module with a huge amount of capability packed into it. The quadrature mode alone is worth the price of admission.

The single gate input is the only thing I would have changed about the original, so having four is great news.
radiokoala
Man I completely forgot about that one !! What a great news! w00t And just this morning I wanted to bump the dual delay topic - and your post answers my question, too.
MrDys wrote:
This is the best modulator out there. I cannot wait to get one.

Haha, great minds phrase alike hihi

From my letter, wrote in July:

Hello Mr. Bruce Modcan! :]

I've read at muffwiggler your post that you're working at eurorack Quad LFO, Scanner, and Digital Delay, and that you are aiming to make them available in autumn, together with CV recorder. I'm so very stoked on quad LFO, I think it will be the best modulation source hands down.

thumbs up

BTW, if you read this with attention, there's also an answer to this:

bphenix wrote:
I would love 4 separate gate inputs on the QuadLFO. I would actually love 5 gate inputs. 4 for the individual LFO sync / reset / hold and a global 5th for the 'rotate output' feature. Taking that further, the 5th input could be switchable, mode 1 is a gate input that rotates the output and mode 2 is a CV input that provides a scanner like cross fade to the mix output.

I would definitely upgrade my 61B for those features.

It shouldn't be in Quad LFO, it's easy to forget something with so many stuff happening in Euro right now, but rereading the above letter reminded me that some time ago Bruce mentioned eurorack format Scanner !! screaming goo yo Rockin' Banana! This will seal the deal with rotating outputs, and add even more possibilities, than if it was the part of the LFO.

The Chewbacca Defense

love ModCan! Drums!
norbwuertz
Neo wrote:

o m g w00t

great! well up for this.
yghartsyrt
Neo wrote:

o m g w00t

OMFG

this is amazing.

i WANT it NOW

cry
flo
Awesome news!

Also this:

Bruce wrote:

I'm just getting the new Dual Delay built. It is going to be great."

w00t Looking very much forward to any euro-ModCan! stuff! applause
noisetheorem
Sold.

Want.

Now.
Entrainer
SunSpots wrote:

Like Matt said syncing properly is a major issue. In fact it was like a huge let down when I came into euro from modcan. Modcan was just so fully featured and well done! But I'm glad I did, and hopefully the Qlfo will see release soon.

Yeah, Modcan is tops... I love their B series modules. I had the QLFO too.

Here's the thing about your situation vs. Euro. You had a system primarily
(if not exclusively) by one designer. That means they can test their new
module's range, sync, etc with other modules in their line-up, testing IN
HOUSE. No euro manufacturer can possibly test against all available
modules.

You throw together a 100% Cwejman, 100% Malekko/Wiard, or probably
Intellijel/Harvestman/Make Noise, you'll get a similar user experience to
what you had with Modcan. Everything works.

The reason I sold my B-Series QLFO was due to Bruce initially thinking
he's making Modcan only systems and not grounding the 1/4" jacks.
This was fine for B-Series module-to-module, but try working with other
5U modules and it'd go wacky half the time. Bruce has now moved to
grounding all the B-Series 1/4" jacks, so any newer modules are OK.

So, even the mighty Modcan can be prone to inter-designer hiccups.
Enginear
Entrainer wrote:
Bruce has now moved to

In truth, the 1/4 inch jacks always were grounded via the panel.
Now if you choose to build a rack without grounded rails, then I fail to see how this was a fault of the Modcan module seriously, i just don't get it

And, yes, for over 2 years, the modules have had an extra ground wire on them to take care of this circumstance.
Entrainer
Enginear wrote:
Entrainer wrote:
Bruce has now moved to

In truth, the 1/4 inch jacks always were grounded via the panel.
Now if you choose to build a rack without grounded rails, then I fail to see how this was a fault of the Modcan module seriously, i just don't get it

And, yes, for over 2 years, the modules have had an extra ground wire on them to take care of this circumstance.

Fair enough, I apologize for getting the details confused. But the gist of
the conversation is the same, inter-system/designer confusion.

MOTM/5U format had a ground wire allowing people to build different
types of rails/racks and you sold Modcan racks with rails that were
grounded.

There's no fault being lobbied, just showcasing how designers think
differently and thus design their systems differently... and throwing 30-40
of those designers together in a room will probably lead to heated debate.

So, by extension, placing 30 different manufacturers' modules in a Euro
cabinet will also likely lead to communication missteps between the
different modules.
visible cow
For owners of this lfo: What's it like working with the "paging" interface? Is it easy to edit the different lfo's on the fly?
radiokoala
For owners of this lfo, I have a question also: when in unipolar mode, is output the full wave but offset or only positive/negative part of an LFO (half-rectified wave)?

Thanks.
Mans
I'm curious if this will track 1V/oct?
SunSpots
visible cow wrote:
For owners of this lfo: What's it like working with the "paging" interface? Is it easy to edit the different lfo's on the fly?

paging was really easy to get used to. I think I only fumbled with it for a couple days (and I mean like 1 hour a day, so a couple hours), till I got used to it.

Once youre used to it it's super easy. Always check which number you are on, and that's it. It's hardly a page in that send. 1,2,3,4... and all the functions are buttons and knobs with one knob per function and lights showing you which function with each button push. Really easy to read, everything surface level.

... regarding the unipolar thing I have no idea. Email bruce and post here for us so we know. I'm sure he'll know.
SunSpots
Also, the word on the street is he's looking at end of May release!!!
I'm saving money right now for the dual delay and quad LFO. Both top priority modules for me at this point in my case.

I dream of a WMD and Modcan only case... probably never going to happen on purpose, but I can dream!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Page 1 of 12