MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

IDOW Hardcore Edition - DVD/Blu-Ray
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Author IDOW Hardcore Edition - DVD/Blu-Ray
s o l v e n t
"When is 'I Dream Of Wires' going to be released?"

We are releasing two very different versions of IDOW, with two different release dates...

IDOW will see it's festival premiere, May 2013. This theatrical cut is geared to a wider audience and will run approximately 85 minutes.

The other version, "I Dream Of Wires (Hardcore Edition)" will be released as a 2-DVD set, and shipped to all IndieGoGo and pre-order customers, June 2013. IDOW-HE is for the hardcore modular synthesizer and electronic music fanatics, and will run approximately 4 hours long (!). Limited to 2000 hand-numbered copies, and available to pre-order from our website starting Mon Feb 11.

Want more info?: http://tinyurl.com/ay2g473

--
Question (via Facebook):

I've been looking forward to this like crazy, but have no interest in a lower quality DVD in 2013. I understand that manufacturing a Blu-Ray version may be cost-prohibitive, but what about the option if buying an HD download (1080p) of the hardcore edition?

Answer:

The Hardcore Edition is a limited edition, independently released project, and will be DVD only. We will not be releasing it on Blu-Ray. An HD download is not really an option either - the 4-hour length makes that prohibitive, and also, will encourage pirating which could really ruin things for us in regards to the theatrical release. The theatrical cut will be a commercial DVD down the line, so chances are good that will be on Blu-Ray if there is enough demand. I'm sorry we can't accommodate your request, but I think most people are satisfied with DVD quality. If it turns out I'm wrong about that, please let me know via this Muff Wiggler thread I just started. It would needs to be several 100s of people who insist on Blu-Ray over DVD for us to reconsider.
Bryan B
I would much rather have a Blu Ray of the film. I am an Indiegogo supporter, but would chip in some extra to get it that way. I honestly never understood the hype about BluRay, I waited until the movies cost under $20 and the players could be had for $75 before I gave it a chance. Now I won't buy DVD's anymore.

The quality difference is noticeable on a larger TV and a lot of people have big TV's these days so it can reflect poorly on your film to only have it available in an inferior format.

I have no idea what the difference in sound quality is, but that is probably the most important thing in a movie like this. That is worth looking into.

If the film was DVD quality, I would say release it on DVD. If it is in HD and Blu Ray ready, then do it and charge more if you have to.

Thanks again for all of your hard work! Don't take this as a slam, it is merely constructive feedback. I am excited to see the film and even more excited for the newly announced Hardcore Edition!
skipperdean
i would buy something to play blu rays if this was made available(even for an upgrade price, too) in that format; my vote is blu ray.
s o l v e n t
thanks for the input. It looks like we are going to try to release it as a DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack. We can't do BluRay-only because we already pre-sold 500+ copies via IndieGoGo and it was advertised as a DVD release there & some people who paid don't have a BluRay player, so not really fair to change that on them. I don't own a BluRay player myself! Anyway, the combo pack seems like the best solution to everyone's concerns. If you already paid for a DVD via IndieGoGo in the past, you will not be expected to chip in any more $ for this upgrade, but the price for new orders might go up a bit

Jason
s o l v e n t
the film was shot in High Def 1080P 24fps btw so it is certainly BluRay ready
XidZeta
The hardcore edition sounds awesome and very interestingI will definately place an order when the pre-orders are open!
deastman
s o l v e n t wrote:
thanks for the input. It looks like we are going to try to release it as a DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack. We can't do BluRay-only because we already pre-sold 500+ copies via IndieGoGo and it was advertised as a DVD release there & some people who paid don't have a BluRay player, so not really fair to change that on them. I don't own a BluRay player myself! Anyway, the combo pack seems like the best solution to everyone's concerns. If you already paid for a DVD via IndieGoGo in the past, you will not be expected to chip in any more $ for this upgrade, but the price for new orders might go up a bit

Jason

This is definitely the right way to go. I own a Bluray player, but even if I didn't, I would rather have a higher quality copy in hand to watch at some future date. I certainly don't mind paying more for the combo.
s o l v e n t
An update: "I Dream Of Wires (Hardcore Edition)" will be released on BluRay or 2-DVD set (you choose 1 or the other). Limited to 1000 copies per format (although those #s may change depending on the # of copies we sell over the next 2 months).

**IndieGoGo DVD pre-order contributors**:
You will be receiving an email in the next 24 hours that gives you the option to choose between the BluRay or 2-DVD set.

**New customers**:
The pre-order link will go live on our website Mon Feb 11:
http://www.idreamofwires.org/

The pre-order price (in USD, shipping included) is as follows: * 2-DVD: $35 within North America, $40 everywhere else. * BluRay: $40 within North America, $45 everywhere else. If there are any unsold copies remaining after the pre-sale, they will still be available to purchase from our website, but the prices will be increased after May 31, 2013.
cebec
This is great news! Glad there'll be a blu-ray/hardcore version.
analogdata
BluRay!
Old Man Euro Module
and region free, puh-leeze!
falafelbiels
Wiil the hardcore edition include a slam-section?
sinemod
Blu-Ray baby yeah !!!
odecahedron
just preordered 2xDVD hardcore edition!

sooo fucking excited for this - fuck movies... gimme modular docos! w000t
Chopper28
I ordered on IndieGoGo a few months back but haven't had an email yet. Did they go out?

Very excited.

Malcolm
s o l v e n t
Yes those emails went out. Send me an email to modular [at] idreamofwires [dot] org

Chopper28 wrote:
I ordered on IndieGoGo a few months back but haven't had an email yet. Did they go out?

Very excited.

Malcolm
pauk
got it!!!!
will be a long wait til june
you have to release some more previews on the meantime
s o l v e n t
pauk wrote:

you have to release some more previews on the meantime

we won't be, sorry
pauk
waah
thebrotherspus
I enjoyed this interview about I Dream of Wires. It was very interesting and informative. Here's the link for anyone who hasn't heard it.

http://www.mixcloud.com/POEM/i-dream-of-wires-a-4-hour-documentary-abo ut-modular-synths/
computer controlled
I find it funny that Automatic Gainsay is whining about the lack of Moog in the trailer.
s o l v e n t
computer controlled wrote:
I find it funny that Automatic Gainsay is whining about the lack of Moog in the trailer.

Where do you see this?

Yeah, it's pretty silly considering (A) there's a decent amount of Moog talk in the trailer, (2) the focus of the film is the resurgence of modulars, which Moog plays little part in

It's pretty much just par for the course, I've realized, that there's no pleasing everyone with this project.

The craziest so far was some guy who posted a rant on our Facebook that he considered the film a failure because we didn't include anything about the Nord Modular, which he insisted is the most powerful synth of all-time and the film is a joke without it. (Some people find it hard to understand that IDOW isn't going to be a series of synth demos). He went on with some crazy, semi-threatening (!?) nonsense about how we didn't include [some band nobody's ever heard of, probably his band] despite all of his previous posts about this which we kept ignoring, and that he was going to spread the word about boycotting the film, he's a musician and will never forgive this, etc... I had to block him!
Kaput
There will always be the lonesome Crazy Guy somewhere on Facebook. I get the same thing when I release a project; there's always one.

Thing to remember is for that one person, there will be hundreds of others who are excited about IDOW, myself included - I pre-ordered as soon as I heard.
issa4444
just preordered 2xDVD hardcore PAL edition!

T-Dirt reprezent.

Solvent, if you need any kind of help in TO regarding this film, feel free to contact me. I am in TO until June. If you need an extra cameraman contact me. Gear ready to go!

Respect. Cant wait to see this.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Page 1 of 1