MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ANTI-ENVELOPE NEXT!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Author ANTI-ENVELOPE NEXT!
NV
science wrote:
I don't really know much about interfacing the two, though I know I've seen several systems on here with mixed euro/frac, so I'm sure someone here has it figured out.

There's no problem interfacing different formats beyond separate power requirements. The worst that can happen is a particular CV or audio signal may be a bit stronger than you're used to in the euro realm, which is solved by a touch of attenuation. There are some modules out there that have oddly sensitive inputs which can be damaged by powerful gate/trigger signals, but those are rare cases that are more often the product of tenuous design rather than overly powered gates.

The only modules I've encountered thus far that have gates/triggers which rouse slight concern are particular DIY and vintage designs, but even then it's likely not an issue and can be solved by a passive attenuator or a single resistor, both of which you're likely very capable of if you're using a DIY module. As my personal soap box I believe everyone should have attenuators lying around anyhow - best $2 you'll ever spend on your modular.
Esnan
Peake wrote:
Wonderful. External sweep is very important.

Wow, this looks like a very fun module, but I don't fully understad it.

How does it for example differ from STG's upcoming Graphic Sequencer?
And what is the SWEEP parameter? Please explain.
makenoise
Small format users should just have both Frac and Euro if they are so inclined. Interfacing is painless. Certainly not worth porting designs across the lines.

Tony
antennafarm
frac and euro are not a problem.

although really, the only reason why i have frac is because of blacet.

if frac diehards want to keep the format around, they better open up their wallets!
parasitk
At this point I just wish Blacet would go Euro, kill the damn format for good, so we could stop having this discussion. Mixing the two formats is not a big deal, just kind of annoying.
ignatius
i have a handful of frac because i could get them banana jacks to go w/my modcan A series stuff. plus they are awesome modules.. all banana here..

so, if i add euro then i'd have to add a 19inch panel of 1/8 to nanner.. no biggie just an extra rack space in whatever custom cabinet i make one day. of course i'd have to get another case for the euro and those options are getting better.. i wish the 6U racks came apart and could be mounted side by side..
scozbor
my system will be primarily frac with some essential / unique euro modules.
i'm not too concerned about the lack of frac manufacturers. though I would be very upset if blacet disappeared.

theres a shitload of DIY out there which is where you will find the frac heads.
stuffing larger formats into 3U

fucking great module by the way applause
miditerranean
I'm very interested to see what this module can do especially with just the other euroWiard modules.

I'd love to start a Frac system but only if I can get ahold of some BugBrand and Metalbox.
ignatius
miditerranean wrote:
I'm very interested to see what this module can do especially with just the other euroWiard modules.

+1 and add a few livewire/asys/makenoise etc hyper

miditerranean wrote:
I'd love to start a Frac system but only if I can get ahold of some BugBrand and Metalbox.

i don't know the availability of the bugbrand stuff.. seems all special order though... metalbox is readily available.. built to order. there's even a paypal check out cart.
Moog$FooL$
science wrote:
Moog$FooL$ wrote:
Rage! !!!!!!

why the frac hate!!!!! oh why???? waah waah waah

will any of this stuff ever be released in frac?? Rage! seriously, i just don't get it very frustrating

I don't think it's frac hate so much as it is manufacturers not wanting to lose money to satisfy 5 people. I know I've heard from several people, as well as read here, that frac modules aren't selling.

It sucks, but it's not like this is an industry where manufacturers can afford to eat the loss.

Why not just add 3U of euro to your system?

yeah.... that pretty much sums it up!!
i like frac for the diy aspect..... i'm sure if any of these were to be in frac, they'd not be kit avail. anyways.

schematics anyone?? nirk nirk!! razz
anselmi
CLAPS! nanners

yeah, CLAPS!

res filtered noise to VCA and this thing...CLAPS! applause applause applause
wetterberg
parasitk wrote:
At this point I just wish Blacet would go Euro, kill the damn format for good, so we could stop having this discussion. Mixing the two formats is not a big deal, just kind of annoying.
Blacet, BugBrand and MetalBox - I think they'd all sell a lot more units if they went euro!

Tom Bugs--- are you listening?!? WE NEED YOU!
wetterberg
anselmi wrote:
CLAPS! nanners

yeah, CLAPS!

res filtered noise to VCA and this thing...CLAPS! applause applause applause
we have a connoisseur in our midst thumbs up
DGTom
lol Tom Bugs could already sell more than he can make.. in a dead format! Bugbrand needs to go SMD & have the boards assembled by robots... not an issue of format there.

I doubt Blacet would go Euro unless there was a big increase in DIYers in europaland... maybe possible with these new, inexpensive case makers.. but I guess most of em are too shallow for Blacet PCBs.

But yeah, you'd have to be soft in the head at this stage to start making Frac modules, its basically a DIY format now...

Its still better than euro,

& 12" is better than digital...

& Beta is better than VHS...

razz

Dinner at the Y
felix
wetterberg
DGTom wrote:
lol Tom Bugs could already sell more than he can make.. in a dead format! Bugbrand needs to go SMD & have the boards assembled by robots... not an issue of format there.

I doubt Blacet would go Euro unless there was a big increase in DIYers in europaland... maybe possible with these new, inexpensive case makers.. but I guess most of em are too shallow for Blacet PCBs.

But yeah, you'd have to be soft in the head at this stage to start making Frac modules, its basically a DIY format now...
Oh, I totally agree: For this to work BugBrand would need to get their stuff fully manufactured... hells yes. And yes, you're soft in the head, esp. since more and more people are moving to euro for their DIY, too wink
Muff Wiggler
[quote="Malekko"]Muff!!!!

Are you in Austin Yet? quote]

cry no idea when I'll be in Austin next Dead Banana

but... I am in Dallas Sep 14-17, the week after this coming one....
DGTom
wetterberg wrote:
Oh, I totally agree: For this to work BugBrand would need to get their stuff fully manufactured... hells yes. And yes, you're soft in the head, esp. since more and more people are moving to euro for their DIY, too wink

*start making Frac modules to sell retail.
ignatius
there's also the MOTM frac stuff available at AH.
antennafarm
is there a "real" reason why frac is better than euro? or euro is better than frac?

NOT module availability -- i think euro has that one locked up smile .. something like a better reason to run whichever voltage, stability of a particular package, etc.
scozbor
antennafarm wrote:
is there a "real" reason why frac is better than euro? or euro is better than frac?

NOT module availability -- i think euro has that one locked up smile .. something like a better reason to run whichever voltage, stability of a particular package, etc.

i've asked this question before.

it killed the thread hihi
DGTom
Frac is clearly better as it is in imperial demensions & Euro is metric which, as we all know, is the tool of the devil Flamey
suitandtieguy
actually euro is an imperial format as well. 5HP = 1 inch.
DGTom
dammit! guess that means I gotta quit burning people at the stake & subjecting them to trial by ordeal then huh!? Well... it was fun while it lasted ambulance
apemandan
just found it in the modular planner already.. thumbs up

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Page 3 of 12