MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ANTI-ENVELOPE NEXT!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author ANTI-ENVELOPE NEXT!
Malekko
Well no rest for the wicked, and Grant Richter must never sleep!!!

He's been working very hard on the next Wiard/Malekko release, the much anticipated ANTI-ENVELOPE! Here is my initial mockup, nothing is locked into place, it is just initial. The top row are toggles, of course the red button is a trigger, the loop is a toggle to go from "one shot" to loop!

10 sliders

a row of pots

ins
and outs

This is obviously a non traditional, and very complex env, capable of many interesting feats such as "strummed" notes etc

stack several firing at the same time or set multiple envs up serially for a monster sequencer!

Were shooting for a cost of about 300.00

More info coming soon!

Ninja
Malekko
oh yeah, 18hp
ehdyn
Oh fuck.
This is good.
apemandan
Super fuckin cool MY ASS IS BLEEDING applause nanners
apemandan
any time frame for it?
Malekko
apemandan wrote:
any time frame for it?

a rough guess is a month and a half.
Dinner at the Y
apemandan
i'll definitely have at least one! hyper
Malekko
i already see a mistake, on gate Bus 2 i really should write it once and center it between the two jacks like i did with the main outs
MrDys
Is it a linear envelope between stages? Log? Exp? Switchable?
decaying.sine
wiard+malekko=productive, creative, and high quality collaboration

so much to buy!
Malekko
MrDys wrote:
Is it a linear envelope between stages? Log? Exp? Switchable?

It is my understanding that the toggle switches on top would toggle from a step to an exp tie. If i'm wrong i'll update this post

I've just seen a video of this module, and it didnt have the toggles on the prototype.
sad banana
bubblesound
awesome
REwire
10 Steps; interesting. As an Env, that'll add more fun. As a sequencer, for standard musical time divisions, 10 is a hard number to loop. I assume the Select knob will set the final stage?
Malekko
REwire wrote:
10 Steps; interesting. As an Env, that'll add more fun. As a sequencer, for standard musical time divisions, 10 is a hard number to loop. I assume the Select knob will set the final stage?

yes, it will go all the way down to one stage if you need.
antennafarm
q: how much of my money does malekko get?

a: a lot, apparently.
justin3am
Great, I need another fucking case. Thanks. Rage!

hihi MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Cybananna
f u

just kidding, but you're going to make me go broke!

wow, so with the toggles, you'll be able to transition through the envelope cycle by a pattern of step and exp slope within one envelope cycle?
Chuck E. Jesus
i just fired up the Borg a couple days ago, this collab with Wiard is great stuff!
blungo2
Looks great! I hate to say it, but i hope it doesn't actually hit the market until november or so, or i'll be paying the mortgage with an i.o.u...
revmutt
Oh yes!

I need a pile of them, one for every thought.
Glitchmachines
Fuck Yes! applause we're not worthy MY ASS IS BLEEDING
digitalganesha
Seriously, I should just fucking take stock in Malekko.
Josh, are you guys open to public trading yet? If not give me at least one share, since I own everything you have ever made. twisted
Muff Wiggler
holy freakin' crap MY ASS IS BLEEDING

ok Josh, you've done it.

I've now modified the plans for my custom Wiard case, which has been all 300 and 1200 series modules.

now there will be a flat top upon which I'm going to be putting a 3U case that will hold a row of the Malekko/Wiard modules which were never released in 1200 or 300 series format.

As I'm pretty close to sending my case plans out for fabrication, is it possible for you to estimate the total number of Wiard modules you'll be releasing that were never available in 300/1200 format? It would be an enormous help at this point, although if you can I certainly won't hold you to whatever number you quote.

Dude, you're fucking killing me. Feels so good SlayerBadger!
Fnord
Muff Wiggler wrote:

Dude, you're fucking killing me. Feels so good SlayerBadger!

I agree!
Malekko
Muff!!!!

Are you in Austin Yet?
I still got a box-o-goodies here for you.

I'm not sure about just how many new Wiard designs will come out of this partnership, but i know of at least a few...and Grant's juices are flowing, i think he's pretty excited (as am i) to unleash some new modules to the world.

We are doing these in pairs, so with the Anti-Env will also come the Euro JAG too. That FoH joystick needs a buddy!
Dinner at the Y
schism
Now this is sexy!

Can't wait to get these in-stock...
applause

Shawn / AH
antennafarm
i just heard the "JAG" mentioned.

sigh. a good sigh, but sigh.

malekko, anti-env, JAG.... any other hints on upcoming modules? smile
NV
Fantastic design, I imagine this will be a huge draw for many systems lacking a sequencer.

A bit of a long shot - will the envelope be capable of running fast enough to function as a graphic oscillator as well?
indexofmetals
This looks very exciting, glad I kept my empty portable doepfer case, now I've got something to fill it with
tonnu
whoa

this + elf ADSR will definitely replace my doepfer quad adsr smile
cool stuff as usual!!
BugBrand
Lovely take on what an envelope *CAN* be!
Really inspired!
4017?
Yum!
Norman_Phay
This looks awesome, but argh, the lack of this stuff in blue-panel frac is killing me, man.
transferpoint
hero
transferpoint
Malekko wrote:
apemandan wrote:
any time frame for it?

a rough guess is a month and a half.
Dinner at the Y

dude you are crankin out the goods!
Robba
Wow!
Limey
i was just about to order A155
fuck it
i'm waiting for this one applause
sandyb
looks very cool. great work screaming goo yo
the closest thing i can come to comparison is the encore ueg in 5U and that's been out of production for quite a while.

sandy
richard
its an outrage!

these people should be stopped!

w00t

r
mono-poly
Damn this is so cool.
Can a batch off blue ones be possible?
Malekko
mono-poly wrote:
Damn this is so cool.

I'm not doing any special colored ones, i'm sure if enough people ask Grant he will design a Frac faceplate and do the proper power conversion.
he and i talked about it previously, and i know he'd do it...there just has to be enough interest to pull it off.
parasitk
Malekko wrote:
mono-poly wrote:
Damn this is so cool.

I'm not doing any special colored ones, i'm sure if enough people ask Grant he will design a Frac faceplate and do the proper power conversion.
he and i talked about it previously, and i know he'd do it...there just has to be enough interest to pull it off.

There were a number of positive responses on the Wiard Yahoo Group when this was first brought up, but it went silent after that. I wonder how much interest is enough interest to have this happen?

Other than the 12v thing, we could always take the Euro version apart and stick a DIY faceplate on it. I've actually been considering doing a Serge style all-Wiard panel (with It's peanut butter jelly time!'s)from all these great Malekko/Wiard releases! I'd just keep it 12v at that point and not worry about it.

//Chris
Peake
Wonderful. External sweep is very important.

It doesn't appear that any of the stages function as a "sustain" or "hold"? So is it free-run or does it stop moving between stages when the gates are released?

And why three gate inputs? What interesting feature(s) does this imply?

Mmmmm, gooood...
Moog$FooL$
Rage! !!!!!!

why the frac hate!!!!! oh why???? waah waah waah

will any of this stuff ever be released in frac?? Rage! seriously, i just don't get it very frustrating
ignatius
wow. giving me the jones for some euro modules big time.
indexofmetals
Josh, do you know if there's any chance we'll also see a malekko envelooper like Grant mentioned several years back on the wiard list? I think it had an LED readout
revmutt
oh daddy! I want an Ompaloopa now!
Red no blue, frac no euro...

1. it's a fucking cool module
2. if you have one row of silver in your Wiard rack you will not die
3. it's not really hard to have more then one format
science
Moog$FooL$ wrote:
Rage! !!!!!!

will any of this stuff ever be released in frac?? Rage! seriously, i just don't get it very frustrating

I don't think it's frac hate so much as it is manufacturers not wanting to lose money to satisfy 5 people. I know I've heard from several people, as well as read here, that frac modules aren't selling.

It sucks, but it's not like this is an industry where manufacturers can afford to eat the loss.

Why not just add 3U of euro to your system?
ignatius
science wrote:
Moog$FooL$ wrote:
Rage! !!!!!!

I don't think it's frac hate so much as it is manufacturers not wanting to lose money to satisfy 5 people. I know I've heard from several people, as well as read here, that frac modules aren't selling.

It sucks, but it's not like this is an industry where manufacturers can afford to eat the loss.

i think that's pretty much where it sits though i think some frac makers are busy no?

if i could get euro w/banana jacks and i knew what to expect from the power supply differences when patching i'd probably add a row of euro at some point..

a small euro system would be nice by itself anyways.

i know it's in a thread somewhere but what are the concerns when mixing modules of 12V and 15V systems when mixing CV etc from one system to the next?

a row of euro + a 19 inch rack panel of 1/8 to nanner would be a fun thing
science
I don't really know much about interfacing the two, though I know I've seen several systems on here with mixed euro/frac, so I'm sure someone here has it figured out.
REwire
Moog$FooL$ wrote:
Rage! !!!!!!

Reasons Frac is soon to be gone:

Now that so many mfg's are making cheaper cooler Euro cases, the arguement that Frac racks are cheaper is gone.

Many Frac makers are turning to Euro, I bet Blacet will give up Frac sooner or later.

There are probably no newbies going Frac, only ones who know someone with Frac or stumble onto Blacet's site first.

AH carries barely one or two Frac modules, BCM none.

The big hands, little hands issue doesn't apply that drives people to larger formats and frac isn't really larger. Same with 1/4" vs. 1/8 jacks issue for classic users.

Frac is dominated by the DIY crowd, and mfg's aren't making money from you guys.

Soapbox
NV
science wrote:
I don't really know much about interfacing the two, though I know I've seen several systems on here with mixed euro/frac, so I'm sure someone here has it figured out.

There's no problem interfacing different formats beyond separate power requirements. The worst that can happen is a particular CV or audio signal may be a bit stronger than you're used to in the euro realm, which is solved by a touch of attenuation. There are some modules out there that have oddly sensitive inputs which can be damaged by powerful gate/trigger signals, but those are rare cases that are more often the product of tenuous design rather than overly powered gates.

The only modules I've encountered thus far that have gates/triggers which rouse slight concern are particular DIY and vintage designs, but even then it's likely not an issue and can be solved by a passive attenuator or a single resistor, both of which you're likely very capable of if you're using a DIY module. As my personal soap box I believe everyone should have attenuators lying around anyhow - best $2 you'll ever spend on your modular.
Esnan
Peake wrote:

Wow, this looks like a very fun module, but I don't fully understad it.

How does it for example differ from STG's upcoming Graphic Sequencer?
And what is the SWEEP parameter? Please explain.
makenoise
Small format users should just have both Frac and Euro if they are so inclined. Interfacing is painless. Certainly not worth porting designs across the lines.

Tony
antennafarm
frac and euro are not a problem.

although really, the only reason why i have frac is because of blacet.

if frac diehards want to keep the format around, they better open up their wallets!
parasitk
At this point I just wish Blacet would go Euro, kill the damn format for good, so we could stop having this discussion. Mixing the two formats is not a big deal, just kind of annoying.
ignatius
i have a handful of frac because i could get them banana jacks to go w/my modcan A series stuff. plus they are awesome modules.. all banana here..

so, if i add euro then i'd have to add a 19inch panel of 1/8 to nanner.. no biggie just an extra rack space in whatever custom cabinet i make one day. of course i'd have to get another case for the euro and those options are getting better.. i wish the 6U racks came apart and could be mounted side by side..
scozbor
my system will be primarily frac with some essential / unique euro modules.
i'm not too concerned about the lack of frac manufacturers. though I would be very upset if blacet disappeared.

theres a shitload of DIY out there which is where you will find the frac heads.
stuffing larger formats into 3U

fucking great module by the way applause
miditerranean
I'm very interested to see what this module can do especially with just the other euroWiard modules.

I'd love to start a Frac system but only if I can get ahold of some BugBrand and Metalbox.
ignatius
miditerranean wrote:
I'm very interested to see what this module can do especially with just the other euroWiard modules.

+1 and add a few livewire/asys/makenoise etc hyper

miditerranean wrote:
I'd love to start a Frac system but only if I can get ahold of some BugBrand and Metalbox.

i don't know the availability of the bugbrand stuff.. seems all special order though... metalbox is readily available.. built to order. there's even a paypal check out cart.
Moog$FooL$
science wrote:
Moog$FooL$ wrote:
Rage! !!!!!!

yeah.... that pretty much sums it up!!
i like frac for the diy aspect..... i'm sure if any of these were to be in frac, they'd not be kit avail. anyways.

schematics anyone?? nirk nirk!! razz
anselmi
CLAPS! nanners

yeah, CLAPS!

res filtered noise to VCA and this thing...CLAPS! applause applause applause
wetterberg
parasitk wrote:
At this point I just wish Blacet would go Euro, kill the damn format for good, so we could stop having this discussion. Mixing the two formats is not a big deal, just kind of annoying.
Blacet, BugBrand and MetalBox - I think they'd all sell a lot more units if they went euro!

Tom Bugs--- are you listening?!? WE NEED YOU!
wetterberg
anselmi wrote:
CLAPS! nanners

yeah, CLAPS!

res filtered noise to VCA and this thing...CLAPS! applause applause applause
we have a connoisseur in our midst thumbs up
DGTom
lol Tom Bugs could already sell more than he can make.. in a dead format! Bugbrand needs to go SMD & have the boards assembled by robots... not an issue of format there.

I doubt Blacet would go Euro unless there was a big increase in DIYers in europaland... maybe possible with these new, inexpensive case makers.. but I guess most of em are too shallow for Blacet PCBs.

But yeah, you'd have to be soft in the head at this stage to start making Frac modules, its basically a DIY format now...

Its still better than euro,

& 12" is better than digital...

& Beta is better than VHS...

razz

Dinner at the Y
felix
wetterberg
DGTom wrote:
lol Tom Bugs could already sell more than he can make.. in a dead format! Bugbrand needs to go SMD & have the boards assembled by robots... not an issue of format there.

I doubt Blacet would go Euro unless there was a big increase in DIYers in europaland... maybe possible with these new, inexpensive case makers.. but I guess most of em are too shallow for Blacet PCBs.

But yeah, you'd have to be soft in the head at this stage to start making Frac modules, its basically a DIY format now...
Oh, I totally agree: For this to work BugBrand would need to get their stuff fully manufactured... hells yes. And yes, you're soft in the head, esp. since more and more people are moving to euro for their DIY, too wink
Muff Wiggler
[quote="Malekko"]Muff!!!!

Are you in Austin Yet? quote]

cry no idea when I'll be in Austin next Dead Banana

but... I am in Dallas Sep 14-17, the week after this coming one....
DGTom
wetterberg wrote:
Oh, I totally agree: For this to work BugBrand would need to get their stuff fully manufactured... hells yes. And yes, you're soft in the head, esp. since more and more people are moving to euro for their DIY, too wink

*start making Frac modules to sell retail.
ignatius
there's also the MOTM frac stuff available at AH.
antennafarm
is there a "real" reason why frac is better than euro? or euro is better than frac?

NOT module availability -- i think euro has that one locked up smile .. something like a better reason to run whichever voltage, stability of a particular package, etc.
scozbor
antennafarm wrote:
is there a "real" reason why frac is better than euro? or euro is better than frac?

NOT module availability -- i think euro has that one locked up smile .. something like a better reason to run whichever voltage, stability of a particular package, etc.

i've asked this question before.

it killed the thread hihi
DGTom
Frac is clearly better as it is in imperial demensions & Euro is metric which, as we all know, is the tool of the devil Flamey
suitandtieguy
actually euro is an imperial format as well. 5HP = 1 inch.
DGTom
dammit! guess that means I gotta quit burning people at the stake & subjecting them to trial by ordeal then huh!? Well... it was fun while it lasted ambulance
apemandan
just found it in the modular planner already.. thumbs up

LDT
Hi Apemandan: In case that is a "real" setup, remember that you can just cut the bar with threaded holes in appropriate pieces and thus get the Asys right next to "normal" modules. Then you would have space for a 4hp module more.
apemandan
Hi Lars..

This is my 'real' rack, and the asys modules are a bit of a PITA.. I have a doepfer suitcase, i thought i had to drill out the holes in the modules, no? Not sure how i'd get at the threaded bars in the suitcase without butchering it!
Smash! Smash!

It would be good to get the last 4hp, maybe get one of the new doepfer A183 modules..

Dan spinning
LDT
Quote:
Not sure how i'd get at the threaded bars in the suitcase without butchering it!

Ah, I have no experience with the Doepfer suitcase, but I suppose it is riveted together. Ok, that´s a no-go I guess. A normal rack case you can just unscrew.
apemandan
yeah, its pop riveted together...i might have to get my drill out! (hides)
wetterberg
apemandan wrote:
yeah, its pop riveted together...i might have to get my drill out! (hides)
a little hole at either end and a teensy tiny plug... way cool smile
Peake
Esnan wrote:
Peake wrote:

I'm not familiar with the STG module, but so far as Sweep and Sweep Modulation go, I'll imagine and hope that they are external stage/step selection, meaning that you can use voltages to select the stage number. Put in a sample and hold output and you'll get random stage selection. Put in a triangle wave and it will go 1->end then end->1. The Buchla/Malekko Source of Uncertainty/Wogglebug Smooth out would result in..something wonderful.
Glitchmachines
Peake wrote:
The Buchla/Malekko Source of Uncertainty/Wogglebug Smooth out would result in..something wonderful.

Pretty sure you're referring to the Make Noise Wogglebug?
REwire
Peake wrote:
Esnan wrote:
Peake wrote:

I'm not familiar with the STG module, but so far as Sweep and Sweep Modulation go, I'll imagine and hope that they are external stage/step selection, meaning that you can use voltages to select the stage number. Put in a sample and hold output and you'll get random stage selection. Put in a triangle wave and it will go 1->end then end->1. The Buchla/Malekko Source of Uncertainty/Wogglebug Smooth out would result in..something wonderful.

I think any sequencer with a clock input can be stepped with any modulation device. There's no difference between a Sweep and Step input then, unless there's some kind of built in slew.
suitandtieguy
REwire wrote:
I think any sequencer with a clock input can be stepped with any modulation device. There's no difference between a Sweep and Step input then, unless there's some kind of built in slew.

i think here "sweep" is a voltage-controlled stage selection, where "step" or "shift" would be a sequential clock-based stage selection.
mono-poly
Yeah that's what i tought to.
Peake
Subtraqt wrote:
Peake wrote:
The Buchla/Malekko Source of Uncertainty/Wogglebug Smooth out would result in..something wonderful.

Pretty sure you're referring to the Make Noise Wogglebug?

Yes. The happy pills have slammed my comprehension and I'm blurring manufacturers together. The good side being, two companies are producing Wiard and Buchla modules in Euro! Or at all!

And yes, it's not stepping but a direct access to stage in proportion to input voltage, called "analog addressing" on the Buchla 200 sequencers (white banana jack).
mono-poly
Can someone make a kickass suitcase so i can build a maleko/wiard easel?

What .... let's call it the weasel!

w00t
Glitchmachines
mono-poly wrote:
Can someone make a kickass suitcase so i can build a maleko/wiard easel?

What .... let's call it the weasel!

w00t

That's the best idea I have heard out of you in a long time applause

...or anyone, for that matter. Including outside of the forum...
REwire
suitandtieguy wrote:
REwire wrote:

i think here "sweep" is a voltage-controlled stage selection, where "step" or "shift" would be a sequential clock-based stage selection.

It's confusing. The Anti-Env has gate outs yet seems less a seq than multistage env. The Graphic Seq seems specific to seq duties without the gate outs. may have to get both and sort it out later.
Reptil
REwire wrote:
suitandtieguy wrote:
REwire wrote:

It's confusing. The Anti-Env has gate outs yet seems less a seq than multistage env. The Graphic Seq seems specific to seq duties without the gate outs. may have to get both and sort it out later.

that was exactly my thought as well.
it's not exactly clear to me.
neither is the combination of modules of the graphic sequencer.
(mini voltage store, later a switch??)
felix
REwire wrote:

I don't get what's confusing about it. The Anti-Env is a multi-stage env, just as you said, and it also has features like that of a sequencer, because as sequencer itself can function as a multi-stage env, just like the STG Graphic Sequencer could.
blz
so will it sound like this with the strumming effect hopefully

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRoj0ft6fOw
Cybananna
blz wrote:

That is not anything remotely like what I would do with my modular, but it's one of the best patches i've ever seen! That was really nice.
a100user
Agree with Cybananna, totally outside of what I would even consider but a beautiful patch.
NV
blz wrote:

I'm not sure how it could - the strumming effect and repeating tonalities are the result of a delay. Pulling that off with only a multi-stage envelope would require some seriously fancy 1v/oct footwork, whereas a simple preset delay could do it no problem.

You can pull a "strumming" envelope out of a pulse wave through a VCA, but being able to draw out a ten stage envelope without having to dedicate an entire sequencer bank to it will be a huge benefit to a lot of people, particularly those who don't have room for a sequencer.
blz
yeah i was just pokeing around on youtube saw that and wondered if that what the strumming effect would sound like i figured not cause as you guys said theres an awful lot of work going on there but i agree id never try and make my modular sound like a guitar but it is a wonderful job at showing what a modular can do
dude
NV wrote:
Fantastic design, I imagine this will be a huge draw for many systems lacking a sequencer.

A bit of a long shot - will the envelope be capable of running fast enough to function as a graphic oscillator as well?

any word on the answer to this question posed oh so long ago?
grantrichter
The Anti-Envelope started life a long time ago as the analog tracking generator here:

http://www.musicsynthesizer.com/DIY/Grant/CVtwister.html

Over the last nine years I have continued to expand on the idea and add additional features. BUT this is an experimental device. There has never been anything exactly like it before now and it's full potential will have to be discovered by the user. You are an electronic music pioneer!

This module does a LOT of things. It is still a comparator string, but I have added controls to make it behave more like a step sequencer. The advantage is that what would otherwise be difficult digitally, becomes very simple in analog. For example:

Straight step = up ramp
Reverse step = down ramp
"pendulum" (back and forth) = triangle wave
Sub-sequences (using parts of larger sequence) = change amplitude and offset of sweep wave.

The first section is a linear sweep wave generator, which can run oneshot or cycle. The sweep rate is externally voltage controllable. This is coupled to the second section (quantizer) by a Buchla type +/- bipolar control so the number of stages and direction is controlled by this and the "Select" setting.

The interpolation function is now switched on a per stage basis instead of being global as in the first draft. So the switches determine if the change from one stage to the next is a step or straight line function. This is a DC function and not time dependent like a "slew limiter". This means the straight line is generated the same even if the stages are being swept manually or "scrubbed" like with old tape reels. The switches have their own output, so they can be used like a rhythm programmer with the Gate 2 output. This bus can be disconnected from the interpolation function. The interpolation function can be controlled externally, with what and why I don't know. A manual pushbutton will do some wild stuff.

To complete the illusion of a digital sequencer, we need a clock function, that outputs a pulse when any stage changes. In this case, this is done with a "burst generator" which is logic that detects whenever the sweep voltage crosses to a new stage by any method, swept, stepped or scrubbed. The Gate 1 pulses are 2 milliseconds wide, the same as the shortest setting on the Envelator and can be run directly to a Borg or Boogie in a pinch.

The preferred method is to use these pulses to trigger one or more Envelators.

So this is what I know it will do for sure:

1. 10 place quantizer
2. Analog Tracking Generator for control voltage remapping
3. 10 stage sequencer
4. 10 segment envelope
5. Rhythm programmer
6. Burst generator (voltage change to pulse convertor)
7. Mixture of stepped and straight line functions like MARF
8. Audio rate waveshaper (run a VCO into select input, program waveform on sliders)

Using a second module in parallel with the first would allow you to program segment time for each of 10 segments. Using one shot mode, this will give a 10 segment envelope with programable level and time for each segment.

Let me emphasize again that this is a pioneering module, even I don't know everything it can do, but it is designed so the faceplate interface is simple enough to make exploration fun and even the beginning synthesist will find it usable.

The Envelators should be in stores very soon and this module will be shipping a couple months after.

Cthulhu
dude
holy fucking crap. oh my god . this sounds amazing. thank you grant!
plord
Adjusting my plan, to make room for 2 or 3 of these...
J3RK
Thanks for the information. Yes, definitely need one or two of these. I particularly like the waveshaping idea.
wetterberg
plord wrote:
Adjusting my plan, to make room for 2 or 3 of these...

Adjusting my pants, to make room for 2 or 3 of these...
Wiard
revmutt
Let's see... Yep about 2 or 3 seems like a good place to start.
shamann
dude wrote:
holy fucking crap.

Seconded.
Audio Resistance
These modules are just are just so damn interesting. I see now why people hold on to those big blue 300 series like there life depends on it.

I can not believe the functions that are available on this thing.
thetwlo
WOW!!!! Beautiful.... gimme!
J3RK
Audio Resistance wrote:
These modules are just are just so damn interesting. I see now why people hold on to those big blue 300 series like there life depends on it.

I can not believe the functions that are available on this thing.

I've always wanted one of those big blue 300 series, so I could hold onto it like my life depended on it. love

This will do the trick for now.
plord
grantrichter wrote:
The first section is a linear sweep wave generator, which can run oneshot or cycle. The sweep rate is externally voltage controllable. This is coupled to the second section (quantizer) by a Buchla type +/- bipolar control so the number of stages and direction is controlled by this and the "Select" setting.

I note on the preliminary pic at the top of this thread, there are two main outputs. Will one of them be 10V and the other quantized down to an octave and a half like the Sequantizer? Or is the quantizing function only related to the process of chopping the sweep wave into 10 discrete segments via the sliders? Will I still need an external way to restrict the output to whole or half step values?
Quote:
The interpolation function is now switched on a per stage basis instead of being global as in the first draft. So the switches determine if the change from one stage to the next is a step or straight line function.

Woohooo, per step glide toggles!

Quote:
This is a DC function and not time dependent like a "slew limiter". This means the straight line is generated the same even if the stages are being swept manually or "scrubbed" like with old tape reels.

So...in the usual sequencer mode, would this be "constant rate" portamento for the selected steps? I think that's the term. The glide is guaranteed to reach the next note, no matter how quickly or slowly the sequence is scrubbed. That should be cool at audio rates.
Quote:

The switches have their own output, so they can be used like a rhythm programmer with the Gate 2 output. This bus can be disconnected from the interpolation function. The interpolation function can be controlled externally, with what and why I don't know.

Do you mean that the gate2 bus interpolation function can be controlled externally, or that all interpolation will be modulatable in general? (possibly with the gate 2 bus output still disconnected and out of that loop?) THIS is how you turn the constant-rate (if I have that right) glide above into an exponential or log slope glide, I imagine. I ALSO imagine that this will be VERY COOL at audio rates!

I can see using the gate 2 output to fire one-shot bursts of a second Anti-Env to add little sequence-trills that follow the main sequence at a much faster rate (or, with careful sweep envelope programming, provide for grace-notes leading into each next main sequence tone. Or, to set up a SICK clock with swing (mix them together) that has voltage control of swing depth.

cue Tom Petty: The WAAAAAAiting is...
J3RK
plord wrote:
So...in the usual sequencer mode, would this be "constant rate" portamento for the selected steps? I think that's the term. The glide is guaranteed to reach the next note, no matter how quickly or slowly the sequence is scrubbed. That should be cool at audio rates.

If you mean 303ish behavior, I think it's constant time. (which is my favorite part of the 303 sequencer) It's very good at making rubbery sounds because of that.
bsmith
grantrichter wrote:

Using a second module in parallel with the first would allow you to program segment time for each of 10 segments. Using one shot mode, this will give a 10 segment envelope with programable level and time for each segment.

Ready to buy a couple of these then!
Any chance we can see what changes may have been made to the panel since the initial mockup, h'mmmm? Or tell us when we'll be able to see them, teehee?
Ninja
noobyscooby
WHEN??? HOW MUCH???

Let's do this!
REwire
noobyscooby wrote:
WHEN??? HOW MUCH???

Let's do this!

Agreed!

This was announced a long time ago, long before the Wiard Osc. Put that osc on a shelf and get this out please!

D
hpsounds
Same here ... we are waiting for this innovative Anti-Envelope hyper
cluster
ive been hurting for one of these for quite some time now...
it hurts... it h urts realll bad waah
Veqtor
+1
show us already! I keep longing for this module!
What's the hold-up? we're not worthy cry
ignatius
i think they said some time in April right? so anytime this month guys.
dkcg
ignatius wrote:
i think they said some time in April right? so anytime this month guys.

I tend to kinda doubt this month since he didn't have a prototype at the LA meet. The Unkl is next, sounded like in a month or two from what Malekko said at the meet. It sounded like the E600 could possibly be after the Unkl.
felix
My guess is the "hold up" is they are still working on the design. In some thread around here Grant seemed to imply that some features (or aspects of some features) were still not finalized or in flux.

Innovation/new designs don't come quickly, have patience everyone.
ignatius
i think Grant said he was adding in some stuff thanks to "inspiration" ! which sounds killer to me. last minute brain bulb adding to the layout/design.. always good.

not like anyone here doesn't have enough to stay occupied wink
grantrichter
antennafarm wrote:

When John Simonton (PAIA) originally proposed the Frac format, it seemed like a good idea. John was even selling faceplate kits that were affordable.

Five years went by selling the 1200 series in Frac format. What I discovered was I could sell 100 modules in Frac format, but not 110. One Hundred seemed to max out the marketplace for any design.

When we decided to continue the 1200 series in Euro format, it was not an accident. We already knew the Frac marketplace was saturated with the 1200 series designs.

So, I have nothing against the Frac format at all, I think it is technically fine and modules made in this format are just se good as Euro format. But from a business perspective I simply had no choice but to continue in the Euro format since that had not had a Wiard presence in it before.

Sorry to anyone who feels abandoned. If it makes you feel any better I bought a Betamax and an Atari 800. Both doomed.
Cthulhu
Moog$FooL$
grantrichter wrote:
antennafarm wrote:

When John Simonton (PAIA) originally proposed the Frac format, it seemed like a good idea. John was even selling faceplate kits that were affordable.

Five years went by selling the 1200 series in Frac format. What I discovered was I could sell 100 modules in Frac format, but not 110. One Hundred seemed to max out the marketplace for any design.

When we decided to continue the 1200 series in Euro format, it was not an accident. We already knew the Frac marketplace was saturated with the 1200 series designs.

So, I have nothing against the Frac format at all, I think it is technically fine and modules made in this format are just se good as Euro format. But from a business perspective I simply had no choice but to continue in the Euro format since that had not had a Wiard presence in it before.

Sorry to anyone who feels abandoned. If it makes you feel any better I bought a Betamax and an Atari 800. Both doomed.
Cthulhu

is Frac doomed for the diy-er??
should i just pack it in & buy a Euro power supply??

waah
johnchantler
euro mini-wave with a sensible depth would be lovely!

thanks!
mono-poly
Moog$FooL$ wrote:

is Frac doomed for the diy-er??
should i just pack it in & buy a Euro power supply??

waah

Yes you should hihi
jeannot
More DIY euro!
bsmith
johnchantler wrote:

thanks!

+1000
plord
bsmith wrote:
johnchantler wrote:
thanks!

+1000

It would be awesome, but in the meantime the E350 makes an awesome wave scanning osc. Just sayin'.
mono-poly
I'd love to see an euro mixolator.
felix
mono-poly wrote:
I'd love to see an euro mixolator.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13003
theglyph
grantrichter wrote:

What's so great is that all of these format user's have had an opportunity to put Wiard sound into their systems.

Cheers Grant! Guinness ftw!

Now bring on the Anti-Envelope mothafucka! hihi
l e b e r
can't wait for this one. bumping it for any release date info....????

we're not worthy
Monobass
*cough* bump
J3RK
*cough* *cough*

double bump
Waz
*cough* *cough* *cough* Man that shit is catchy!
krelnarb
*cough* *cough* >poot<

oh dear
hpsounds
Ninja spinning
Epilogue
throw us a bone kind sir malekko! seriously, i just don't get it
slow_riot
it was mentioned that Grant was still making some final tweaks to the design.

i am happy to wait. though of course very excited to use the module when it's ready.
J3RK
*cough* .........

.................... *cough*
questionable
J3RK wrote:
*cough*

word.
J3RK
Though I'd love to get my hands on a pair, I can wait. However, I'm VERY curious to know what the current state is, or how the new ideas are panning out, etc. Love to hear about the "lab" items.
Reptil
Viking
golana
news???
J3RK
News!!! hihi
Jason Brock
Snakes!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYn_WW7TM58
J3RK
It's a snnnaaaaaakkkeee it's a snnnnnaaaaakkkkeee.... ooooooooohhhh it's a snnnnnnaaaaaakkkkkeeeee...

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
questionable
waah
Reptil
eek! razz screaming goo yo
ignatius
eek!

Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard
mono-poly
Hey guys it will come eventualy.
I bet Josh is more focused on moving to his new place now.
And maybe Grant is tweaking the design.
He aint wanna release something which gets 3 upgrades afterward.
ignatius
mono-poly wrote:
Hey guys it will come eventualy.
I bet Josh is more focused on moving to his new place now.
And maybe Grant is tweaking the design.
He aint wanna release something which gets 3 upgrades afterward.

for sure.. thumbs up

i just figured i'd post to show my continued enthusiasm.
Reptil
ditto hyper

hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper :
slow_riot
I'm very curious about the range of the pots and the kind of resolution you might be able to get out of them.

I'm guessing they have a decent range to allow to be used as a quantizer, but I hope that the resolution allows for accurate and interesting tunings.

Definitely looking like a very interesting module though.
J3RK
Mr. Green
Reptil
oe oe yeah baby
do it to me
baby
ah- ha ah- ha
Rockin' Banana!
tortug
help
Reptil
love
slow_riot
more waiting time means more amounts that this module will be properly tweaked from zero to Wiard .

also means i can spend more time learning/playing my other stuff.

or maybe i'm just telling myself that.
jonkull
More waiting time means that I will fill my last remaining rack space with something else. cry
Veqtor
news? waah
cluster
gimme that sweet sweet envelope, baby
sonicwarrior
I guess this project is dead as it was announced more than a year ago as the next module and we have seen many other modules since.

I have a hole in my Malekko cabinet waiting for the Anti-Envelope to come out but if it takes much longer I think I'll fit something else in. angry
slow_riot
I think it's unlikely that the project is dead.
mono-poly
I think Grant just needs to tweak the design till he think it's good enough to release.
slow_riot
+1 on that.

it's an extremely pioneering module. and unlike the filters, Envelators, and others it wasn't already completed. and i can imagine that some things might have come up that changed their time estimate.
revmutt
I have a feeling that as soon as I am totally broke and vow to not spend any money it will come out.
ignatius
wasn't it posted somewhere in this thread that grant took it back under his wing to max out the features and fine tune a few things?
ignatius
double post. got server 500 blah blah error. seems fine now.
Veqtor
Want!
Fnord
revmutt wrote:
I have a feeling that as soon as I am totally broke and vow to not spend any money it will come out.

I agree!
jonkull
tongebirge
you can´t give someone a injection and than not sell that dope zombie
knobs.
once upon a time this thread was called ANTI-ENVELOPE NEXT!
futureworlder
still is, last i checked seriously, i just don't get it
Entrainer
futureworlder wrote:
still is, last i checked seriously, i just don't get it

No, Q-ASR is next. Anti-Envelope is next after next after next.

I think the Unkle got in there too! And the 8NU8R. Mutha Fuckas
jumping in line, sneakin past.
Entrainer
FREE Anti-Envelope Tomorrow.
mono-poly
Next year hihi (if we're lucky)
Reptil
lol

Guinness ftw! mmm bierrr
Veqtor
What if every step could be exchanged for an external signal, that way one could use it as an interpolating scanner for waveforms and stuff.
Reptil
AFAIK the doepfer a-155 can do that.
It would be neat, but I wonder if all those jacks fit on a limited front panel space. I wouldn't mind an extended larger module myself, with the Easel in mind.
thumbs up
Reptil
yah yah yah
oeh!
Tubeampguy
Fnord wrote:
revmutt wrote:

I agree!

Me too!
sonicwarrior
It looks like the Anti-Envelope is getting to be the Duke Nukem Forever of modules. Currently this prize goes to the COTK C998.
Veqtor
Reptil wrote:
AFAIK the doepfer a-155 can do that.

No, the thing is I want to interpolate, not just switch with a sharp edge!
Reptil
ah ok, gotcha
Veqtor
Man, I want this thing... I dreamt I was using it tonight, woke up, ran to the modular, but it wasn't there!
waah
mono-poly
Prof. Richter is there any news on this?
HueMonContact
I really can't wait until this one is released.
I hope it's a NAMM Convention suprise... I guess that's wishful thinking.
tomcat
Later this year screaming goo yo
mono-poly
tomcat wrote:

yeah?
dequalsrxt
It's not nice to tease. sad banana
mark
dequalsrxt wrote:
It's not nice to tease. sad banana

I know right...

The empty space in my rack I reserved for this thing a year ago is killing me waah
sonicwarrior
mark wrote:
The empty space in my rack I reserved for this thing a year ago is killing me waah

Man, am I happy that I'm not the only one who reserved a place for the AE already. Drinking applause
plord
I reserved space for TWO.
tomcat
I do not reserve any space for any module. Just building new enclosures when needed hihi

But seriously ... a word from malekko or grant would be nice. A few words even better smile
tomcat
mono-poly wrote:
tomcat wrote:

yeah?

Later this decade!

Sounds better? Mr. Green
slow_riot
once they know, then we'll know.

Grant is a very dedicated designer, and I think is extremely sensitive about getting a design exactly right. There have been a few Wiard projects that have been abandoned becuase he didn't feel they were right.

I'm pretty sure we're gonna see this get released though. But when, who knows. Maybe it's close and there will be a sudden unexpected announcement, or maybe we have to wait a little longer and will be thankful for the design being perfected.
ignatius
Grant is at least as busy as the busiest synth builder/designer. last i heard the wiard 300 series paid for orders were going to keep him busy for 40 hours a week for the coming couple years.

so, factor that into any "where the hell is it" discussions.

but i'm one of those "where the hell is it?" people

I guess after seeing the other wiard/malekko modules come out in chunks it was expected to see this come down the pike w/o too much hoo haa.
el clon
plord wrote:
I reserved space for TWO.

don't you mean TWENTY-TWO, Paul? Mr. Green
if you only got two i think yr system might just gobble them up.
they'll need to travel in bigger numbers to defend themselves....
MicroFi
I know I'm just repeating other people, but: any news on when this one's coming out?
I nééd to complete my 84hp of Malekko modules smile
wavehead
While I feel bad for Josh who is probably getting a couple messages everyday about this module (and of course has nothing to do with how fast it can come out) and I'm sure Grant has many a reason this isn't out yet, I'm not surprised this thread has so many pages of posts. It is torture thinking about how cool this module will be when it's released, I have a feeling it will tie all the other Wiard modules together in a way that will be nothing short of awesome.

It also makes sense it is so desired out of the fact that there isn't anything like the JAG or some of the other 300 modules that really make a more complete Wiard system possible. If it were possible at this point, I would have nothing but serpents on my eurorack. Hope that becomes a possibility in the not too distant future.

Wiard
dequalsrxt
I don't believe anymore. I try to forget about it, but every time I do, someone bumps this thread. waah
terrafractyl
is it just me, or have Walekko/wiard been talking about heaps of stuff lately and just not delivering?

I've been waiting seemingly years for the e600, then there has been this anti-envelope and now they're talking about releasing a 3 Osc beast.

please just release stuff and stop teasing us all help
cry
ignatius
check the "laboratory" section at the malekko home page.

it's a picture of his email app that says "919" messages.

so, i think he's pretty busy. i'm sure he has stuff in the works. maybe the envelator mods backed him up?

as far as the anti-envelope goes.. who knows. maybe grant knows something?
dequalsrxt
Soooo next malekko project will be an e-mail application?
cerebrosis
ignatius wrote:
check the "laboratory" section at the malekko home page.

it's a picture of his email app that says "919" messages.

so, i think he's pretty busy. i'm sure he has stuff in the works. maybe the envelator mods backed him up?

as far as the anti-envelope goes.. who knows. maybe grant knows something?

Sounds like the Malekko Ekko 919 pedal is almost ready. headcrabs!
ophidian
I love the present modules and am very excited about the future ones. I definitely want two of these. Mr. Green
nativestate
Plus one!
jimmyambulance
sad banana
Low-Gain
jimmyambulance wrote:
sad banana
Ankh
Low-Gain wrote:
jimmyambulance wrote:
sad banana

sad banana
ndkent
would definitely buy a couple if they were out
sonicwarrior
Duke Nukem Forever is finally available, so we shouldn't give up hope. w00t
senecio
Fantastic!
slow_riot
im making a list of every person who bumps this thread without any actual news. You people should watch out, and perhaps hire personal security guards. Combine Overwatch
Tubeampguy
jimmyambulance wrote:
sad banana
sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana
igormpc
slow_riot wrote:
im making a list of every person who bumps this thread without any actual news. You people should watch out, and perhaps hire personal security guards. Combine Overwatch

i agree! very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating
Kakihara
ggggrrrrrr
ssilk
I just declared my patience in another thread, and then found this one... anti-envelope is my new holy grail!
Malekko
Well i just spoke to Grant about an hour ago. I have to say, it's the best i've heard him in sound in two years.
For the past year and a half, he really has only provided excuses why he could not ship a design or schematic to me and has honestly been somewhat frustrating at times, other times i could care less about designs and just care that my friend isnt doing as good as he could be. After speaking with him today i honestly feel like the fire is back (albeit a small fire..but i'll take it!) within him. He promised me a schematic (not for the AE though) by next tues, and i believe that he will make the effort to produce it. He also mentioned the AE for the first time in a loooong while. I honestly feel as though it will be completed...if you would have asked me yesterday i would have said no. Seriously good news IMO. Hopefully Tuesday will rekindle my faith even more with the Malekko/Wiard partnership.
I am truly sorry stuff has taken so long, i know it was not Grants intent to drag any of these projects out as long as they have but life sometimes gets in the way.
slow_riot
there is no emoticon for this emotion. all contract killings i have taken out on previous thread bumpers are being urgently called off.
Entrainer
slow_riot wrote:
there is no emoticon for this emotion.

Cthulhu Eel Power FTW! Dinner at the Y w00t
slow_riot
Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard
ssilk
Entrainer wrote:
slow_riot wrote:
there is no emoticon for this emotion.

Cthulhu Eel Power FTW! Dinner at the Y w00t

ceci n'est pas une émoticône
rico loverde
Awesome news Josh! Just made my day!
reignbear
we're not worthy Wiard Never maintain cash savings again
flashheart
slow_riot wrote:
there is no emoticon for this emotion. all contract killings i have taken out on previous thread bumpers are being urgently called off.
Alas, too late for some ... Dead Banana
ignatius
good to get an update and nice to know the worm is turning the right way. i look forward to seeing what comes next w/wiard/malekko and as i'm sure everyone else here shares the sentiment of wishing the best for grant too! hopefully life doesn't get in his way too much this summer SlayerBadger!

Malekko wrote:
Well i just spoke to Grant about an hour ago. I have to say, it's the best i've heard him in sound in two years.
For the past year and a half, he really has only provided excuses why he could not ship a design or schematic to me and has honestly been somewhat frustrating at times, other times i could care less about designs and just care that my friend isnt doing as good as he could be. After speaking with him today i honestly feel like the fire is back (albeit a small fire..but i'll take it!) within him. He promised me a schematic (not for the AE though) by next tues, and i believe that he will make the effort to produce it. He also mentioned the AE for the first time in a loooong while. I honestly feel as though it will be completed...if you would have asked me yesterday i would have said no. Seriously good news IMO. Hopefully Tuesday will rekindle my faith even more with the Malekko/Wiard partnership.
I am truly sorry stuff has taken so long, i know it was not Grants intent to drag any of these projects out as long as they have but life sometimes gets in the way.
Bonzo
Its really nice to get an update on this..

Really, please, make that stuff happen.

I mean, I know life gets in the way at times, but those designs, especially the anti-env are really something special.. and they for one would sell like the legendary hotcakes, I think.

But yea, pleaase.

-T
dykehouse
Still hope that this module will eventually come out. Try not to think about but my mind always drifts back here...
lombrose
igormpc wrote:
slow_riot wrote:

i agree! very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating

heheheheheheheheheheh...

twisted
hpsounds
Let's hope again ... hyper we're not worthy

Hédi K. hmmm.....
dan_k
With the increased activity maybe this will get released sometime this year?

<crossed fingers> eek!
grantrichter
Here's a zip file, which contains a movie file showing the prototype "Anti-Envelope" in action with an Anti-Oscillator and a Borg.
Hainbach
Yeah! This is awesome!
polyroy
we're not worthy
hpsounds
hyper we're not worthy help love

When ? waah

Hédi K.
VomitFlowers
Oh my. Guinness ftw! we're not worthy something wonderful
Cat-A-Tonic
slow_riot wrote:
Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard

I want to wallpaper my house with this.
Entrainer
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
slow_riot wrote:
Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard

I want to wallpaper my house with this.

You can start with your desktop. Here... I just helped hihi
ynth
Is it too late to submit 'Anti-envelope.mov' for Oscar consideration?
norbert smith
looks like great year for walekko,

I still wait to buy a x mix, will buy also megawave, cybernetix and 2 anti-env

what next men

this and Tony's MN babies are grrrrreaaat

again,... congrats, keep good work, inspiration and
dan_k
This looks great!

Thanks for posting the video Grant. w00t
revmutt
It appears to be getting closer.

What's the difference between Anti-Envelope and Envelooper?
knob_alchemist
Great Module!!!!! applause
Votek_Mendo
what is the cybernetix?
norbert smith
maybe the sexy version of cybernetics with pink knobs and big jacks applause
Drumdrumdrumdrum
So if Anti Env is next....when is MEG? DVCO must be years away?
sundog
I'm assuming that the anti-e was "next" in Sept 2009 (start of this thread) and that multiple modules had leapfrogged over the anti-e since then. Surely MEG will do the same....
Drumdrumdrumdrum
I wish dudes didn't waste time with other formats and all just concentrated on Euro.

you kids get off my lawn
Reptil
aaahhh that video confirms my hopes. Rockin' Banana!
then some gate out per step bolted on (on the euro frontpanel)...

I'll be here, waiting hihi
this, and the Cybernetics, very good!
Making use of the opportunity to thank you guys for sticking your neck out and making "leftfield" modules.
complexmodulations
This is on my list for sure!
very frustrating
norbert smith
Mr Malekko is quiet for a long time, hoping a little word from him: "he guys I am preparing lots of goodies for ya...."
complexmodulations
norbert smith wrote:
Mr Malekko is quiet for a long time, hoping a little word from him: "he guys I am preparing lots of goodies for ya...."

SOON thumbs up
ignatius
complexmodulations wrote:
norbert smith wrote:

SOON thumbs up

thumbs up

faith in malekko is well placed
mystico
eyes...
akrylik
Om
My mind is empty.
Om
My body is invisible.
Om
I am nothing.

Ah fuck it. Give me my anti-envelator-loopy thingie already!
Bananallama!
norbert smith
it's time, concurrence becomes rude and I want the one with gargouilles on his sides
norbert smith
Guinness ftw!
Paranormal Patroler
Are the contract killings still on? (hides)
slow_riot
no i got some 300 Series Sequantizers and have calmed my desire for mercy killings, for now at least.
Fractaltctrl
Is this still in the works?
ignatius
Fractaltctrl wrote:
Is this still in the works?

only 2 people know the answer to that and they aren't talkin.. but i like to think it is.

seriously, i just don't get it
maxheadwound
I would definitely like to think it is as well. That's pretty much just blind hope though!
Fractaltctrl
It would seem that with the production line it would be that much closer to reality...
Fractaltctrl
At the same time I understand if we don't hear about it until it's close to production, I was just hoping that perhaps it could be somewhere around there...
numan7
on September 9, 2009, Malekko wrote:
Well no rest for the wicked, and Grant Richter must never sleep!!!

He's been working very hard on the next Wiard/Malekko release, the much anticipated ANTI-ENVELOPE....
Ninja

hmmm..... i suspect that one of the unspoken issues is that Grant hasn't slept in almost 4 years... so GET SOME SLEEP (and release the ANTI-ENVELOPE soon, please), Grant! we're not worthy

cheers
jgb
As a gargoyler (ahem, or what should I call it?) I would love the option to get a gargoyled front panel for this. When (if?) it is released.
Fractaltctrl
jgb wrote:
As a gargoyler (ahem, or what should I call it?) I would love the option to get a gargoyled front panel for this. When (if?) it is released.

Let's have the module first, shall we hihi
jgb
Module? Damn! I'd go for the front plate, forget about the module! It's all about the look of gargoyles! wink

WiardWiardWiardWiardWiardWiard
jonkull
Any word? zombie
wavehead
last time grant brought this up (def a while ago but don't want to search) he was still trying to figure out what the anti-envelope should be exactly, so it's probably still at that stage.

i imagine it's really hard to design a nice complex envelope that works differently than those before it. especially one that is really musical and multifaceted like the other wiard/richter modules it should be used with (in the larger scheme of the overall instrument).

i am really grateful that all of the wiard designs are so well thought out and perfected over time. if this stuff was just getting cranked out one after another it might not be any different than "this module does A" and "that module can do B", etc.
so the longer it takes to release the anti-envelope it will probably be just that much better. maybe it just doesn't really make sense in general and won't come out... who knows? (besides grant)
acidbob
I need this! nanners

Any updates yet
Iromeku
Any update whether this will eventuate?
ignatius
if you want an anti-envelope just get the verbos multistage

eek!

if you're on facebook check the eurorack group

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201944882997705&set=gm.73262 9643421374&type=1&theater
sonicwarrior
ignatius wrote:

It's even more than the anti-envelope ever has been but also much bigger. I don't think I can fit it in.
But there is lots of stuff these days tempting me to add another cabinet, like the Valhalla Z-DSP card.
calaveras
I can has gargoyle?
Wiard eyes... Wiard
peripatitis
ignatius wrote:

eek!

of course this is purely theoretical (since the anti-envelope doesn't seem to ever become a reality). But this forum is full of complaints about issues with verbos modules to the point where product control seems to be a serious issue with them.

On the other hand i never heard a complaint for maleko!
davidh
peripatitis wrote:
On the other hand i never heard a complaint for maleko!

Bop! search deeper, there was, old fried envelator that needed a mod, glitch on Osc1 not 100% solved on osc2, my brand new Megawave came with glitched waves, comes in mind...

I didn't follow the Verbos troubles. Actually you can probably find complaints for any manufacturer.

The only Verbos I have is the multistage, it just works fine. And a 6U full of Malekko.
calaveras
so this great idea never came to fruition? It kind of seemed like that, but I couldnt really find any explicit mention.
ignatius
davidh wrote:
my brand new Megawave came with glitched waves

how so? pls explain.. i'm curious.. kind of sounds special wink btw - i think it's discontinued now. it's no longer on their site.

i have one and many of the wavetables are not interpolated on purpose so they don't "morph" smoothly from one to the next.. several of the wavetables do morph smoothly by design. you can figure out which by looking at the waveform reference.

https://malekko.co/content/uploads/manuals/megawave_waveguide_rev_1_3. pdf
ignatius
also, anti-envelope not gonna happen. pretty sure that got moth balled.
davidh
looks like there was a faulty batch, as I was not alone :
https://muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=103408&highlight=

no anti-envelope, can be replaced by multistage
and no cybernetics waah , the noisering expander, can be replaced by Turing machine and the alternative firmware on Peaks
ignatius
davidh wrote:
looks like there was a faulty batch, as I was not alone :
https://muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=103408&highlight=

no anti-envelope, can be replaced by multistage
and no cybernetics waah , the noisering expander, can be replaced by Turing machine and the alternative firmware on Peaks

i don't remember seeing that thread about the glitched waves. interesting. megawave is not on malekko's site any longer.

cybernetics would've been sweet. there was a moment when it looked like it was gonna happen but that moment faded quickly.

turing machine is dope though would've been nice to see all these modules in eurorack from malekko/richter. not to mention the triple VCO system from Phil Gallo.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23936&start=250

the demos samples up somewhere.. for that oscillator are just amazingly lush and nice. wish that thing would've seen the light of day. i know a lot of time and effort was put into it.
calaveras
Yeah, I'm kind of already planning my next case to be a whole lot of Malekko-Richter. I'm not really trying to find an excuse to get Verbos or Sputnik things to fill in blanks. I'm already dicing about whether I can get Intellijel and Rossum filters in there in addition to a few Wiards.
Guess I'll stick with Envelators for gargoyle plurality.
davidh
something like that ? SlayerBadger!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 12