MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Performance workstations for everything but the modular
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Author Performance workstations for everything but the modular
Kent
Folks,

I've been searching for a performance "DJ" style workstation for housing the majority of my gear that isn't the 200e.

The closest I've come to finding what I want are pictured below:

These are all pretty close. It would be smarter to get the smaller units as they will fit easily into the back of a car although they are cumbersome to carry around.

Minimum specifications:

• 10rU for the slanted top portion as it will house my performance mixer.
• 8rU for other stuff below the 10rU for the mixer.
• Any extra rack space would be beneficial but I'd still like to keep it small.

What are you guys using? Who stocks this kind of stuff in Europe? I haven't been able to find much at Thomann or JustMusic.
hpsounds
A contact at Thomann told me that they can build custom fly-cases. Maybe ask them ? hmmm.....

Hédi K.
weinglas
Take a look at the musicstore: example

There have a lot of other dj cases. But they are heavy. The example above weighs 43 kg! Empty!!!
Kent
Merci, les gars.

I didn't know that Thomann did custom work. Unfortunately, I need the case by next week. The one at MusicStore looks good and I sent them an email regarding the dimensions of the upper 1/2.

Now, does anyone know of any good sources for wheeled soft-bags? I've looked in the DJ department of JustMusic, in Hamburg, and their largest option is too small for me.

I need to fit a 17" MacBook Pro, a Moog MP-201, one Moogerfooger, a small MIDI controller (same size as a Buchla 223e touchplate, but slightly taller), an NI Maschine, and a 15cm x 54cm foot-controller.

I might to go with the 2nd rolling case as pictured. It's a stacking pair. My main reservation is that it is very difficult to determine if a 17" laptop will fit.

I purchased this one, the Digi Trolley II, and learned that cases for LPs are too small for a 17" laptop. The laptop must be inserted at an angle and it takes up too much space.

hpsounds
@ Kent - Are you in a kind of ... rush ? hihi

... btw, I can't help you for the wheeled soft-bags. (hides)

Hédi K.
chaotician
You can try www.studiospares.com they are UK based
Kent
hpsounds wrote:
@ Kent - Are you in a kind of ... rush ? hihi

... btw, I can't help you for the wheeled soft-bags. (hides)

Hédi K.

Very much so. I've got a gig on March 2nd and then I move to Vienna. Not much time left, unfortunately.

chaotician wrote:
You can try www.studiospares.com they are UK based

Thanks for the heads up.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Page 1 of 1