MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Waveform City TRI vs. SQR output
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author Waveform City TRI vs. SQR output
laserpalace
Thought this might be worthy of a discussion. It seems that older models of the Waveform City have squarewave outputs in lieu of the triangle output. Mine has a square as well as the older legend (no triangle graphics).

Would it be possible to derive a triangle from the older WFC's? Has anyone attempted this mod? Not sure if it's entirely necessary but it might be more handy for FM duties.
slow_riot
Triangle over Square makes much more sense, given the PWM like effects available from the wavetable output. And given the fact that the square is restricted to 50/50 duty cycle only.

I only ever use the main output, but perhaps the triangle would come in useful in a crossfade?

If you knew what you were doing the WFC has the same board as the CVCO (as well as a wavetable board), and it would be very much possible to change your module.

Perhaps see if Cary or Grant are able to help?
chamomileshark
Interesting, didn't know that. Both mine have triangle.

Slow, what did you mean by using the triangle for cross fade - won't that give you FM as it will be at audio rate?
sandyb
chamomileshark wrote:
Interesting, didn't know that. Both mine have triangle.

Slow, what did you mean by using the triangle for cross fade - won't that give you FM as it will be at audio rate?

not with the wfc in low mode.
slow_riot
I meant crossfading between triangle and different waveform, but that would probably be bit redundant on the WFC.
chamomileshark
oh ok, thanks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1