MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roland Juno-60 LFO Question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Roland Juno-60 LFO Question
amphonic
I just traded a Prophet '08 for a Roland JP 8000, Nord Lead 2, and a Roland Juno 60. Out of the 3, the Juno 60 is the synth I am most excited about.

I have a question about the LFO on the Juno 60. It does not seem to be working properly. The LFO does not seem to affect the Filter Cutoff or DCO, but the LFO does work with the square wave PWM.

I have a Juno 106 and assume that the LFO should work the same on the Juno 60. Any help would greatly appreciated.
TrashWaveform
I just got one last night. All I can recommend is turning the LFO on the DCO and VCF up, hold down a key, and then hold down the LFO trigger button to double check its not broken. If there is no change in the sound then you have a problem.
lightpolite
TrashWaveform wrote:
I just got one last night. All I can recommend is turning the LFO on the DCO and VCF up, hold down a key, and then hold down the LFO trigger button to double check its not broken. If there is no change in the sound then you have a problem.

Yes. Or just make sure you have the LFO switch set to AUTO, then you don't have to worry about triggering it.
amphonic
Thanks for the suggestions. After further review, there is something wrong. I am going to take the Juno 60 apart and clean it up to see if i can fix the LFO. Because the LFO will affect the PWM square wave, I know the LFO is working. It is just not reaching everything it needs to.
TrashWaveform
lightpolite wrote:
TrashWaveform wrote:

Yes. Or just make sure you have the LFO switch set to AUTO, then you don't have to worry about triggering it.
Yeah, but when I trouble shoot I like to manually test everything before doing a test in auto. However on this board the patches I made so far I kinda prefer it as a trigger. Maybe I just like pushing buttons. Trampoline
drewtoothpaste
The issue might be in the LFO sliders in the DCO and VCF section if you're getting LFO-speed PWM. If you can change the speed of the LFO and PWM the oscillator there's probably nothing wrong with the LFO itself.

You might try "exercising" the sliders in question (move them to and fro 5-10 times to clear out dust/dirt/crud) or wiggling them to see if they're just loose. When I initially got my J60 the DCO-bender slider was doing this but I managed to work the crud out and it's fine now.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1