MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Joystick and Dual LPG modules : 2 questions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Joystick and Dual LPG modules : 2 questions
phisynth
First of all, let me say I'm absolutely in love with the blue lady, even if I unfortunately have much less time than I hoped to play with it since its arrival :(

I have 2 questions so far :

re: joystick module : I'm discovering the joy of manually interfering whithin a patch ! But is there any way or trick to increase the stiffness of the joystick ? ( I looked, but don't see any screw inside) It feel a just a *little* bit too loose for my taste, as if it could move down with its own weight if the boat were placed vertically, which is, obviously, something you don't want...

re: dual LPG : in LP mode, channel 2 definitely doesn't sound the same as channel 1. Sounds more muffled (output signal also looks quite different on an oscilloscope, as if alot less high freq were passing through). Strangely, it does sound the same in the other modes tho (Both and Gate). Is there any way to adjust this behavior ? (probably not, I guess, because Vactrol-related)

Thanks, looking forward to play more with it !

Ph
a100user
Can't comment about the joystick other than you will develop a softer touch with practice.

Vactrols are a bitch to match so not unusual for the two chanels to sound different, which is why Tom may not use them in future modules and Makenoise stopped producing the QMMG.
phisynth
thanks. Sounds like a feature having both sounding differently then wink
BugBrand
Hi,

Hard to tell without me touching the joystick (!) whether it seems overly loose in comparison with others. It is actually the same type as Doepfer use and has to be modified to remove the springs (it would be unsuitable with springs, really). This involves taking off the back of the pots and there's a small possibility that something is less-than-tight there - but the general 'correct' feel is very smooth, but not droopy.

For the PRC4 - yes, there can be different responses and David is right that I got frustrated by vactrols! Presuming you're referring to LowPass mode, in which case the slope of opening full can certainly vary from unit to unit. There is no user trimming unfortunately.

Ta, Tom
dan_p
The dual LPG has a jumper to alter the resonance of the lower LPG. try it on the scope with the jumper the other way round. I think they will then be a lot closer.

The joystick is the same as the one I have, Its on the loose side but I don't have any problems. Though my system is never more upright than about 45%.
BugBrand
dan_p wrote:
The dual LPG has a jumper to alter the resonance of the lower LPG. try it on the scope with the jumper the other way round. I think they will then be a lot closer.

Ha - I forgot that - --- seems like I don't even know my own modules...
a100user
BugBrand wrote:

Ha - I forgot that - --- seems like I don't even know my own modules...

Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana very frustrating
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1