MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TR909 questions vol. 3: sync
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author TR909 questions vol. 3: sync
donaldm
I'm on the fringe of ordering a Future Retro Orb to sequence my Eurorack modular. I'm using my TR909 as my main sequencer which is synced to a tape machine. I'd like to sync the Orb to my 909 via midi clock. My question is thus: Does the 909 transmit midi time clock while its in sync mode? I don't have the gear to test this out at present. Additionaly I'd like to add a sampler between the two for the external sequencing tracks on the 909 to complicate the matters further.

I'm hoping to setup up something like the following

tape machine (sync out) -> TR-909 (midi out) -> S3000xl (midi through) -> FR ORB (CV Gate) -> modular

Will this possibly work? seriously, i just don't get it
Karl Jeffers
Just try it. And if it doesn't, you can buy a TR-505 to do it. They are very cheap, $50,- should get you one.

I will try and see if my 909 outputs midiclock if synced to dinsync, but you have to wait a few days for the answer.
Limey
dug up my old manual and checked page 35. Drums!
the answer is yes, it will send out midiclk while slaved to tape
drewtoothpaste
The orb + modular combination is great... I've gone thru a 303, x0x, and a few lesser 303 clones, and the orb's the only one that's survived.

For what it's worth, I keep the Orb on a spare MIDI out of my MPC and usually have the Orb's CV/G patched into the bus on my modular, to be able to do filter/ringmod sequences in addition to the regular 303-ish stuff.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1