MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

BugBrand on ModularGrid
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author BugBrand on ModularGrid
BugBrand
BugBrand modules have now been added to ModularGrid.net here

Enjoy!
& let me know if you notice any errors.

Many thanks to Knut for making this happen. I think it is an extremely powerful yet quick/friendly setup.
a100user

Seems fine Tom.

This is my current system, ain't she lovely?
BugBrand
Great!
Though not sure on those nasty bus-boards you've got!
(Joke, of course... may work out a bug rack version sometime)
ninGiaBoom
Amazing! applause
Cheers to all virtual bugbrand the people will create 8_)
phisynth
Looks great Tom love
a100user
BugBrand wrote:
Great!
Though not sure on those nasty bus-boards you've got!
(Joke, of course... may work out a bug rack version sometime)

I should have selected standard shelf rather than Doepfer but ....
KNYST
Lovely. Will play with it soon!

ninGiaBoom wrote:
Amazing! applause
Cheers to all virtual bugbrand the people will create 8_)

hihi

Be prepared. Plan your virtual Bug. You never know when it materialises... BugBrand! SlayerBadger! Om
a scanner darkly
That's great, thanks Tom!

Is there a chance to add a blank panel as well? I could submit that if that's okay with you, I can just use one of the module images to create a blank image.
Morley
fab...
BugBrand
a scanner darkly wrote:
Is there a chance to add a blank panel as well? I could submit that if that's okay with you, I can just use one of the module images to create a blank image.

Good point! I'd thought of that, but then forgot..
I'll do one up now so that images are consistent.
BugBrand
Done!
(that was nice & easy!)
darenager
This is great, and come at a good time for me (due to have a sort out of my behemoth!)
a100user
That looks a lot nicer

solitud
The Frac Hot Rack Section starts to fade into blue color.
phisynth
here's mine It's peanut butter jelly time!
BananaPlug
Is it actually less blurry than it looks in this forum? seriously, i just don't get it
KNYST
Thought it would be fun and useful with previous versions of some modules too - mainly those that differ in function and layout.
Added these rev1's:
CTL1
CTL2
DD1
DD2
UTL1
UTLX

Missing/needed:
SYN2A (XR09VCO-PWM)
ENV1
PRC1
... and was there ever a 1fw UTL2 with headphone out?

Tom - if you don't like them, could you update to keep it all consistent?
I wasn't sure where to put "rev1", and haven't added any info on current draw...
KNYST
BananaPlug wrote:
Is it actually less blurry than it looks in this forum? seriously, i just don't get it

Yes, unfortunately the compression is on the heavy side at modulargrid...
IMHO, you should never get uneven colours on a monochrome surface (blue) d'oh!
(It looks just like psisynth's pic above)
BananaPlug
Is there any sort of data export from modulargrid? Something analogous to the rack XML files of Doug's RackPlanner? I took a quick look but maybe I missed it.
Morley
Would love a system...
darenager
Yes, really quite an amazing system, at times I wonder if Tom uses actual bugs in there somewhere because it seems to be alive!? Sound quality is just staggering, nearest thing tonally is Serge I guess but still quite different.
Morley
Stop it. I need one but he only produces so many...
BugBrand
I'll check with Knut to see if higher-res export may be possible - the raw images should be ok, but...

Thanks for doing the rev1s Torbjorn.
System users have access to the whole slew of module images (you know, I did that ZIP file) but if there are a couple of things missing, let me know ..
solitud
KNYST wrote:
BananaPlug wrote:

Yes, unfortunately the compression is on the heavy side at modulargrid...
IMHO, you should never get uneven colours on a monochrome surface (blue) d'oh!
(It looks just like psisynth's pic above)

It's about compromises. The image size of this small system is already at ca. 200kb. Larger systems climb easily to 600kb.
The screenshot function is designed to embed images in forums. Look at the Eurorack subforum, people embed 5 screenshots on a single page in all those "help to build my system" threads. => Loading time increases, which is a problem especially on mobile devices.
Bugbrand images are schematic graphics with a small font. Unfortunately this is the kind of image where you notice the compression the most.

I will experiment with the settings a bit, may be I can improve it ( I did it already for the module thumbs on the modulargrid site), but do not expect offset print qualtity ...

I could also implement a High Quality export, but there is a psychology problem: everyone will click on the hq button wink
solitud
BananaPlug wrote:
Is there any sort of data export from modulargrid? Something analogous to the rack XML files of Doug's RackPlanner? I took a quick look but maybe I missed it.

There is.
On the module detail pages you find a link "Export XML" in the right column. It's the last link in the column.
The XML is following Doug's recommended exchange standard.
But there are some drawbacks:
At the time I developed this my server could not build automatically zip archives, so there are no images encapsulated. Instead there is a weblink to the module image defined in the XML.
In the meantime I could do the zip building, but I didn't do it because you are the very first person beside Doug who requested this feature.

The other drawback: there is no batch export of ALL modules of a manufacturer/system.
Therefore the data is always up to date, because it's live generated from the modulargrid database.

Is this zip archive thing of general interest? If some more people say "yes" I will build it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2