MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Why no midwest synth makers?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Author Why no midwest synth makers?
lvoemachine
So is there some reason you guys completely ignored visiting the middle of the US? It seems like you skipped a few important contributors to the modular community for whatever reason. I think it's crazy you don't even really touch on Serge, for example...
s o l v e n t
lvoemachine wrote:
So is there some reason you guys completely ignored visiting the middle of the US? It seems like you skipped a few important contributors to the modular community for whatever reason. I think it's crazy you don't even really touch on Serge, for example...

Budget, time, knowing when enough material is enough, there's a few substantial reasons... there's literally 2 of us who did this entire thing with no funding outside of director Robert's pocket + IndieGoGo.

Anyone who thinks "this film can't be right if you didn't include X person" or "a legend like Serge is more important than a start up like Kilpatrick" is thinking about this film, or what the modular synthesizer resurgence story is about, in a different way than we are. We're not writing a textbook on the history of modular synthesizers. IDOW is "about the phenomenal resurgence of the modular synthesizer — exploring the passions, obsessions and dreams of people who have dedicated part of their lives to this esoteric electronic music machine." We don't need to talk to Serge or any other specific manufacturer from the Midwest to realize that. I'm not saying Serge or Wiard or Low Gain or whoever wouldn't have been great to talk to - I'm sure they would've been. But then there is probably someone else who is just as outraged that we didn't travel to Australia to interview Ken Stone, or that we didn't interview Keith Emerson, or that we didn't interview more women, etc...
JohnLRice
My mom is upset you didn't interview ME! angry hihi
s o l v e n t
JohnLRice wrote:

OK I have to agree with mom, that is an outrage!
decaying.sine
JohnLRice wrote:

Wait. I thought I just saw you in the hardcore edition trailer! Who was that Ghost
JohnLRice
s o l v e n t wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

OK I have to agree with mom, that is an outrage!
we're not worthy Mr. Green
JohnLRice
decaying.sine wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

Wait. I thought I just saw you in the hardcore edition trailer! Who was that Ghost
??? hmmm..... You must jest! razz
decaying.sine
JohnLRice wrote:
decaying.sine wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

??? hmmm..... You must jest! razz

Seriously. I thought I saw you. I'll have to watch it again.
decaying.sine
Okay. I posted the still on your facebook page. I am getting an "internal error" when I try to upload the pic here.

It's up for just a second so I must have a phenomenal visual recognition and memory if that is you considering I haven't met you in person yet!
JohnLRice
decaying.sine wrote:
Okay. I posted the still on your facebook page. I am getting an "internal error" when I try to upload the pic here.

It's up for just a second so I must have a phenomenal visual recognition and memory if that is you considering I haven't met you in person yet!
Very close but no funny cigar! ;-) hihi
s o l v e n t
JohnLRice wrote:
decaying.sine wrote:

Now I'm wondering who he's referring to - where's the pic?
JohnLRice
s o l v e n t wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
decaying.sine wrote:

It's at 9:12. Rico Loverde on Facebook said "pretty sure that's Jack Dangers of Meat Beat Manifesto" If you put a finger over his eyes, nose and mouth he looks like a dead ring to me, to me. eek! hihi
decaying.sine
I can't upload images for some reason. Not sure why?
wavecircle
Isn't Serge West Coast anyway? Serge was based there as was Rex for years.
s o l v e n t
wavecircle wrote:
Isn't Serge West Coast anyway? Serge was based there as was Rex for years.

No Rex is currently in the mid-west (Winconsin? Minnesota?)
s o l v e n t
JohnLRice wrote:
s o l v e n t wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
decaying.sine wrote:

It's at 9:12. Rico Loverde on Facebook said "pretty sure that's Jack Dangers of Meat Beat Manifesto" If you put a finger over his eyes, nose and mouth he looks like a dead ring to me, to me. eek! hihi

Yep that is Jack Dangers.
JohnLRice
Trying to post a pic I got:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@muffwiggler.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Page 1 of 1