MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Confession: I Love Ross!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ross Lamond Designs  
Author Confession: I Love Ross!
jnlkrt
Just got my new cases made by Ross. This man is an artist and I love him. Too bad we are both married. lol

The whole process was super friendly and funny and inspiring and the results are just mindblowing.

Here's a first (iPhone, sorry) pic of the bigger of two matching cases..

THANKS SO MUCH, ROSS!!!! w00t

Will follow up with better pics when it's filled up.

Microscopial
Hahaha. I love you too bro. (Big man hugs) it reallywas a great journey with lots of great chats about everything cheers Ross
jnlkrt
Microscopial wrote:
Hahaha. I love you too bro. (Big man hugs) it reallywas a great journey with lots of great chats about everything cheers Ross

it most definitely was! thumbs up

tIB
Im a big fan of those metal side models. Not so much a fan of Ross. razz
Microscopial
tIB wrote:

A R S E lmao

for what its worth i think hes an arse as well applause
tIB
Microscopial wrote:
tIB wrote:

A R S E lmao

for what its worth i think of his arse all the time, its lovely. applause

Fixed that for you. love
Microscopial
tit help
tIB
You've never commented on those before...
Microscopial
ah yes but I have dreamt lmao
rico loverde
i really really like those cases. beautiful work Ross! im really diggin the sidecar mini case. SlayerBadger!
DonKartofflo
Those metal sides love
flo
Lovely! applause

Any specific reason though to have this in two cases instead of a big one?
wavecircle
Ohhh, what metal is it?

I have a steel one.
themanthatwasused
The metal and wood look lovely.
Great Job Ross!
Microscopial
wavecircle wrote:
Ohhh, what metal is it?

I have a steel one.

aluminium Sven, I used 80 grit on a random orbital sander, each pass took about a minute and it comes up a nice little pattern

and thx for the compliments as always very gratefully received applause
jnlkrt
flo wrote:
Lovely! applause

sure.. smile these are two self-included instruments. obviously, they will be used together most of the time, but i can take them with me individually. plus, one single case of this size would be too hard to transport anyways. they will stay in my studio most of the time, but i want to be able to move them easily. and this is 164hp wide in total, dunno if there are even rails of that size. the main case is a very playablel synth based on a DPO / Rubicon voice and the Phonogene / Echophon combo. the smaller case has a voice consisting of the Res-4 and a TWF, but mainly is intended to be a feedback instrument to play tape delays, a couple of spring reverb tanks as well as exciters/contact mics on various materials.
Microscopial
jnlkrt wrote:
flo wrote:
Lovely! applause

sure.. smile these are two self-included instruments. obviously, they will be used together most of the time, but i can take them with me individually. plus, one single case of this size would be too hard to transport anyways. they will stay in my studio most of the time, but i want to be able to move them easily. and this is 164hp wide in total, dunno if there are even rails of that size. the main case is a very playablel synth based on a DPO / Rubicon voice and the Phonogene / Echophon combo. the smaller case has a voice consisting of the Res-4 and a TWF, but mainly is intended to be a feedback instrument to play tape delays, a couple of spring reverb tanks as well as exciters/contact mics on various materials.

Hey Jan just tell them the truth.....I ran out of wood and thought he'll get what he's given lmao
jnlkrt
Microscopial wrote:
jnlkrt wrote:
flo wrote:
Lovely! applause

Hey Jan just tell them the truth.....I ran out of wood and thought he'll get what he's given lmao

damn, you are right.. guys, these are recycling cases. ross usually just tears apart whatever piece of useless junk he can find and makes it look like a modular case. i think he spends a lot of time in the local ikea dumpster, since he told me particle board funiture are his favorite source material. i had some doubts about that, but he told me he never really clicked with the solid wood thing.
flo
lol applause

Really good work, case as well as module selection
Jarno
You are quite an inspiration Ross, really nice stuff.
I like the metal sided cases too. On metal finishing, my father dabbles in stainless steel furniture since his retirement, and he has one of these:
http://www.feinus.com/en_us/surface-finishing/surface-finishing-tools/ wpo-14-25-e-stainless-steel-professional-set-0284770/

Not sure if you can use the exact same thing on aluminium, but this would give you the straight brushed finish rather than swirly.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ross Lamond Designs  
Page 1 of 1