MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MS 812 basics - what do I need to get going?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Alyseum  
Author MS 812 basics - what do I need to get going?
crispy_porker
I'm thinking of getting hold of one of these. Please forgive my ignorance on the subject, I have no experience setting up Ethernet networks hmmm.....

I have a macbook and a wireless router. In order to use the MS 812 would I be able to:
1) Connect my macbook to the MS 812 directly using an ethernet cable?
or
2) Connect the MS 812 to the wireless router with an ethernet cable and then send midi/copperlan data over wifi?

If neither, what am I missing? Would I need any additional networking hardware?

Thanks in advance thumbs up
AlyseumSupport
crispy_porker wrote:
I'm thinking of getting hold of one of these. Please forgive my ignorance on the subject, I have no experience setting up Ethernet networks hmmm.....

I have a macbook and a wireless router. In order to use the MS 812 would I be able to:
1) Connect my macbook to the MS 812 directly using an ethernet cable?
or
2) Connect the MS 812 to the wireless router with an ethernet cable and then send midi/copperlan data over wifi?

If neither, what am I missing? Would I need any additional networking hardware?

Thanks in advance thumbs up

1) is the correct answer.
A variation is to have some Ethernet switch on the way because of other stuff being connected (usually, that switch will be your Internet router).

Connecting through wi-fi is to avoid: the unpredictability of wireless connections is bad for latency and jitter.

So, you don't need any specific Ethernet hardware beyond a cable 8_)

Have fun
crispy_porker
Fantastic, that's what I was hoping!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Alyseum  
Page 1 of 1