MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

pro-modular.com is back up, with a special for all Wigglers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author pro-modular.com is back up, with a special for all Wigglers
qu.one
Hey all... the site is BACK UP. Malekko/Wiard panels are still coming soon, but i have added 19" panel section and the acrylic cable holders...

Thanks for everyone's support so far and as a THANK YOU to all of Muff's supporters and hopefully some future supporters, I'm offering 15% off all orders through the rest of June. Please email through the site with what you would like to order, and I'll send you a discounted invoice — do not use the online order page.

Thanks again everyone!

_Stephen
parasitk
Cool! If you can make it out to the NY Wiggler meet up this Sunday, please bring samples for show and tell. This is fun!
science
That's awesome... would love to see more and hear about pricing when you figure it out. I might need some blanks for my new rack when it gets here. Any chance of getting some old school square headed robots printed up? 8_)

Also, would it be possible to have some done as blank Buchla sized panels?
qu.one
@ parasitk: will do! I only have these as of right now but will be more than happy to bring along.

@ science: All modular formats will def be on the menu.

After constructing the top & bottom panels out of acrylic for my elby, I noticed I still had extra room for blinds on the bottom row of my rack. Figured why not do the same for some blind panels.
qu.one
Quote:
Any chance of getting some old school square headed robots printed up?

Missed that one. Practically anything you want etched can happen.
jonkull
These are cool. I have no empty space in my rack but if I did I'd buy them. How sturdy is the acrylic? Could it be used for actual module panels? I'm building a VCS...
Leisure Cove
What Jon said.

This would be a great boon to the DIY community as an alternative to sourcing panels + lazertran transfer/acid etching graphics on to them. Plus, they look pretty snazzy!

Would designs be submitted in FPE files, or as freehand scans? This is very exciting! thumbs up
parasitk
qu.one wrote:
Quote:
Any chance of getting some old school square headed robots printed up?

Missed that one. Practically anything you want etched can happen.

You're etching with a laser? Where in NY? Or do you own one? hyper
qu.one
Don't my own laser but I have full access to one.

The acrylic is 3/32" (3mm) thick and is pretty sturdy and can most likely be used for an actual panel if you are doing DIY modules. Tests can be done for sure.

Vector artwork is preferred, but raster would have to be hi res, grayscale images — PSD, TIF, JPG, etc.

I'll do a few samples with raster files and post ASAP.

To be clear - these are all cut and etched with a VersaLaser:
http://www.ulsinc.com/versalaser/english/
qu.one
Also - I have actually already used these very acrylic panels to revamp my TR-606.

Photo quality is not the best (old phone) and it was an early version - but just for the idea.

tragedybysyntax
HEY CAN I GET A 606 PANEL!!!!! WOW MAN. smile
daverj
Acrylic thin enough to mount jacks on can crack fairly easily when flexed too much (ie: plugging and unplugging a lot)

Different brands of acrylic have different properties too. I have a laser and have used it for prototype panels. One brand of black acrylic that I used shattered when nuts were tightened. Another brand didn't, but wobbled too much plugging and unplugging cables.

I've used thin aircraft grade plywood too, which doesn't shatter, but flexes too much without adding some bracing on the back. It was easy to glue little strips of wood on for that.
qu.one
Quote:
Different brands of acrylic have different properties too. I have a laser and have used it for prototype panels. One brand of black acrylic that I used shattered when nuts were tightened. Another brand didn't, but wobbled too much plugging and unplugging cables.

Exactly why tests would need to be done. The original idea are for blind panels — basically decoration only. Since this is in its infancy, I am willing to try some other ideas though and would only sell what I felt comfortable and confident in.
DrOctave
i only want them if you can do naked women on them...
gmcerveny
Quote:
i only want them if you can do naked women on them...

applause
qu.one
Anything is possible... Keep the comments coming so I can make a final decision to move forward.
Glitchmachines
qu.one wrote:
Hi all...

Just wanted to get some feedback before I moved forward with this project.

This is a really great idea! I would totally dig some panels with etched images of the modules that will eventually take their place w00t

If the cost is reasonable, I'm totally in!
DrOctave
how do they look with light behind them?
Fnord
This is a brilliant idea.
decaying.sine
These look really great. I'd be interested in buying several in different sizes. For those interested in making vector graphics and looking for good open source software, inkscape is fantastic http://www.inkscape.org/

All lasered knobs should probably go to "11."

The fact that you have access to a laser invokes memories Val Kilmer in Real Genius and Dead Banana
emergencyofstate
I am absolutely in for at least 100+HP of those w. custom artwork smile
science
qu.one wrote:
To be clear - these are all cut and etched with a VersaLaser:
http://www.ulsinc.com/versalaser/english/

How do you like the versalaser? I've been considering adding a pair of the VLS3.50 to my software duplication department at work, and you're the first person I've encountered who has first hand experience with them...

Any idea how maintenance has been? Any problems?
wetterberg
I would ABSOLUTELY be interested in some of these with custom artwork on them. Some wide ones, backlit.
emergencyofstate
yesssss

i wonder if there's anything else weird/creative that could be done..I'd love a multiple plate with this laser etching.
DGTom
DrOctave wrote:
how do they look with light behind them?

If you can stomuch the Blair Witch cinematography;

qu.ones will look better because the edges will have straight lines, I just cut mine with a rotary tool = wonky donky. The back lighting is pretty un-even as well, for it to look really good I'm going to have to put LEDs all the way round the inside

I've done a bunch of red 3mm acrylic modules;

There is abit of flex but despite my clumsy, heavy handedness the only ones to snap are the ones I've fucked up & snapped in self disgust Rage!

I'd totally be in for some of these, blind panels or otherwise... its gonna take me a long ass time to fill 3 rows of euro so it would be nice to have suttin pretty to look at grin

That 606 looks so rad!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6