MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Its PEQing wonderful!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Its PEQing wonderful!
tIB
A really bad demo of a tremendous couple of boxes; 2x bugbrand PEQ's in action on my master out inserts.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/t1b/peq[/s]

Lots of tweaking and a couple of examples of source material (well, drones with drums and drums without drones).

Untitled by sonofprent, on Flickr

(I should add any clicks are a result of my MD being double triggered- by no means are they from the bug boxes.)
otoskope
I'm waiting for one, but I regret not getting two for stereo duties... I hope he makes more of them! Sort of difficult to hear what is the result of the PEQ in that demo, though. But it's good music nonetheless!
/Palle
dan_p
Greedy tIB snagged a pair, and poor old Dan doesn't even have one of 'em.

sad banana
pas
So nice tIB! Lucky you, want'd to snatch at least one, but gotta focus funds on completing the modular bug. Hell of a track mate, outstanding!
tIB
dan_p wrote:
Greedy tIB snagged a pair, and poor old Dan doesn't even have one of 'em.

sad banana

Poor old dan spent all his magic beans on thermionics birdy toys... Ive no sympathy.

Thanks for the music related shouts- its stoopid source material for a demo but was fun messing.

Hope Tom makes more too- love the standalone stuff and had the dangerous idea that another EQ, PTdelay, matrix mixer and whatever else comes (springs please!) would be lovely in front of my buchla. Id rather a row of bug up front than more buchla tbh! A resonant version of this would be very cool too.
dan_p
SPRINGS!!!!! thumbs up
tIB

HOT SPRINGS!
opsysbug
PEQ and Buchla make for good!
I love this thng Tom thanks. Wonderful.
Those hot springs look good too! It's motherfucking bacon yo
dogoftears
nice one those EQ's sound killeeeerrrr!!! now i really want a pair... Tom pls just make us a stereo version w00t w00t

dan p and tIB i think you both need to go to time-out unless you can get along. SMACK! Smacked in the head with a trout Fencing Jedi
dan_p
Tell that chubby faced fucker on the left to stop smizing me.

Actually tIB, is that your holiday snap? Did you have a full body shave and haircut? I only just recognised you.

tIB wrote:

HOT SPRINGS!
BugBrand
otoskope wrote:
Sort of difficult to hear what is the result of the PEQ in that demo, though. But it's good music nonetheless!
/Palle

In agreement!
richard
did someone say stereo?
richard
Top tune BTW TiB thumbs up
tIB
dan_p wrote:
Tell that chubby faced fucker on the left to stop smizing me.

Actually tIB, is that your holiday snap? Did you have a full body shave and haircut? I only just recognised you.

tIB wrote:

HOT SPRINGS!

I have actually been there... in fact I had quite a rock and roll time in that there hawt spring, brilliant!

Cheers chaps, agree that in terms of showcasing the product this is one of the worst demos ever made. Fun though!
dogoftears
well i for one heard some sweeps and band passes in there and it sounded good to me!

im kind of an EQ slut though...

when will we have the official BB hot-spring hang out session? oh wait no females have ever won the raffle sad (or have they?)
numan7
confused think i'd much prefer a dual-mono (2 channels with individual controls) or, better yet, a quad-mono peq much more over a stereo (2 channels with one set of controls for both channels) unit.

cheers
dogoftears
numan7 wrote:
confused think i'd much prefer a dual-mono (2 channels with individual controls) or, better yet, a quad-mono peq much more over a stereo (2 channels with one set of controls for both channels) unit.

cheers

well duh razz
usually stereo EQ is two mono units with some button that "gangs" the 2nd set of controls to the 1st one.
tIB
for my needs the dual mono/control-ness of having two separate units is perfect- I dont need gang controls or anything.

What I would like to do is bolt the two together...
darenager
dogoftears wrote:
nice one those EQ's sound killeeeerrrr!!! now i really want a pair... Tom pls just make us a stereo version w00t w00t

This - strikes me it would make a nice master buss eq, I'd be happy with single gang controls though.

Nice sound tIBs thumbs up
Paradigm X
+ 1 on stereo/dual mono...
dan_p
darenager wrote:
dogoftears wrote:

This - strikes me it would make a nice master buss eq, I'd be happy with single gang controls though.

Nice sound tIBs thumbs up

stereo single controls would rule
richard
the master bus is where I would want such a thing too
BugBrand
Stereo ideas.. (don't hold your breath!)

Linked Stereo HiPass and LoPass sections
Then Dual Mono 3 x Band Pass Peak Boost/Cut bands.

Could work...
tIB
Master bus is where mine was on the demo and where it will stay! Im not sure I see the need for things to match perfectly- when I use stuff on the computer in this way I tend to set left and right slightly differently anyway. Im probably doing it wrong!

As always with Bugbrand, I assume it competes with similar products at a much higher price. Good Tom and his magic ears. smile
BugBrand
Thanks Andy!

Though I think you'd be missing some fun if you ONLY keep them on the master bus. That has its place, but.. whacking them on individual tracks has been my main enjoyment with them.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2