MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ALL NOTE: People using this forum for business communication
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read!  
Author ALL NOTE: People using this forum for business communication
Muff Wiggler
this is a difficult and uncomfortable message for me to write.

I just want to make sure that everyone is clear about something - if someone is doing business over this forum (privately in the Buy/Sell, or through a company hosted forum, or just as a member posting in a thread), this does NOT mean that the operators and owners of this forum are even aware of the transaction, let alone condone it or lend any credibility to the person(s) involved in the transaction.

I have a disclaimer up to this effect in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum, however I have noticed that business is being conducted elsewhere on this forum, and I just want to be very clear and state this forum's position on responsibility.

The PM system at this forum is provided as a bonus benefit to users here - it is NOT intended to be a tool to communicate with your customers, or build a business. Yes, some people trade goods here and communicate over PM. I'm not saying this needs to stop - just reminding you all that this is a private transaction between buyer and seller and the forum management offers no protection or gurarantee whatsoever.

For companies with hosted forums here, the situation may appear somewhat blurrier. In agreeing to host their forums, I have done some basic research on the company or individual involved - at least ascertained that they have a track record of making their deliveries, and they have a proper webpage and external contact information allowing them a direct channel of communication that doesn't rely on this forum. The hosted forums, and the PM system, are offered as a benefit to members of the community, however these are NOT meant as business development tools, and they may not be used as such. Again feel free to use the PM system to communicate with the hosted forum owners, just realize it is NOT the official 'company way' of getting in touch with them, and the management of this forum cannot be held responsible if you have trouble with these independant companies.

I am sorry to have to put this message out there, however recently I have learned that a case manufacturer has been using this forum as the primary method of communication with thieir clients, something I had never been asked about or told was happening. Their website offers no contact information whatsoever, nor any information about WHO the people you are dealing with are. In fact the website instructs interested parties to contact the seller in a thread here at this forum. This is completely and utterly unacceptable to me - you cannot have business and anonymitiy at the same time, and I will not stand for this forum being used as a cover to try to create that sort of situation. I have suspended the PM functionality of this user - however they can still receive PMs. If you have a pending transaction you are concerned with, you should contact this individual via PM, and make sure to include your email address so that they can get back to you through a proper, traceable and official method of communication.

thank-you for your understanding.
makenoise
Muff Wiggler wrote:

The PM system at this forum is provided as a bonus benefit to users here - it is NOT intended to be a tool to communicate with your customers, or build a business.

I receive customer support inquiries via Muff Wiggler PM system. I much prefer use of email over PMs for customer support. I have my email address published at this forum, my website and on the info sheets included with every module. Email is easier to track and I check it more often.
I am sure other manufacturers share similar feelings regarding the use of the Muff Wiggler PM system for customer support, so please try to use email for customer support inquiries.

Thank you,

Tony Rolando
Make Noise
sandyb
SlayerBadger!
sandyb
just a reminder that if you are a manufacturer/business you should *not* be using the PM system to conduct your dealings. you should be using your own website or, at minimum, your own email address.

if you are reading this and not sure whether it applies to you feel free to contact me for clarification.
fluxmonkey
would it be possible to give members who provide an email contact to OPT OUT of receiving PMs? i'm not quite a business, but i do short runs of PCBs from time to time, trying to sort out/reconcile PMs and email is just a huge PITA.

bbob

makenoise wrote:
Muff Wiggler wrote:

The PM system at this forum is provided as a bonus benefit to users here - it is NOT intended to be a tool to communicate with your customers, or build a business.

I receive customer support inquiries via Muff Wiggler PM system. I much prefer use of email over PMs for customer support. I have my email address published at this forum, my website and on the info sheets included with every module. Email is easier to track and I check it more often.
I am sure other manufacturers share similar feelings regarding the use of the Muff Wiggler PM system for customer support, so please try to use email for customer support inquiries.

Thank you,

Tony Rolando
Make Noise
sandyb
fluxmonkey wrote:
would it be possible to give members who provide an email contact to OPT OUT of receiving PMs? i'm not quite a business, but i do short runs of PCBs from time to time, trying to sort out/reconcile PMs and email is just a huge PITA.

bbob

i don't think so.
i know that your ability to send PMs can be restricted but i am uncertain if that affects your ability to receive them. i have a feeling it doesn't.
we could try it out and see. probably best to drop me a PM and we can sort it out.
quintosardo
Muff Wiggler

Hi! My name s Quinto, I manage www.sknote.it

We are defining our first Eurorack product and I was collecting hints from internet to decide what to design. I was pointed to this forum as a good place for such a poll.

Is a thread where I ask for such suggestions welcome here? (I mean, commercial company, etc. etc.)

Thanks smile

Q.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read!  
Page 1 of 1