MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Simple yet effective sequencer?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Simple yet effective sequencer?
Kwote
Hello everyone. As some of you may know I own a Hexzone. While I do enjoy it I feel it's not quite programmable enough. My main beef is tempo. I want it to change tempos mid song or sooner than drop back down to the original tempo or drop even further down.

Also I would like to create nice long pads. Say anywhere from 1 sustained note lasting 1 bar to.. well near infinite sustain. Just want it to be extremely flexible in that regard Mr. Green

Perhaps I'm missing something with the Hex but I don't think so. Any suggestions for a hardware sequencer that offers these functions? Or at least patches with the Hex that might accomplish one or both of my objectives?

The only criteria for gear suggestions would be that it spit out CV.
rezzn8r
Never used a hexzone, but wondering if you could do pads by setting the number of steps to 1, looping, then adjusting the envelope for longer release.
Too bad the hexzone dosen't let you adjust tempo on the fly. Most sequencers I've used allow this function.
The FR shit is possibly the best hardware solution under $1000. Sounds like you would require 1/4>1/8 conversion for the gate/cv, but no biggie. The Revolution is kind of big compared to the Orb, but has DIN if you have any Roland drum machines.
Kwote
rezzn8r wrote:
Never used a hexzone, but wondering if you could do pads by setting the number of steps to 1, looping, then adjusting the envelope for longer release.
Too bad the hexzone dosen't let you adjust tempo on the fly. Most sequencers I've used allow this function.
The FR shit is possibly the best hardware solution under $1000. Sounds like you would require 1/4>1/8 conversion for the gate/cv, but no biggie. The Revolution is kind of big compared to the Orb, but has DIN if you have any Roland drum machines.

I might be able to pull the pad idea off, just some experimental time needed. Tempo is adjustable on the fly, just patch in a clock from another module. That is actually not a concern. It's the programming. I don't want to adjust it on the fly if I don't have to. I want it predetermined.

FR? Link? Sorry I should go to analogueheaven and see what you're getting at.

Thanks for the response.
Kwote
lol. okay.. okay.. this was something I had thought of. Plord has the Mobius so of course it crossed my mind. Too bad AH doesn't carry their products anymore waah

http://www.future-retro.com/mobiusoverview.html
Babaluma
the mobius is great, i've been using one for the last 5 years or so. you can do slow tempos, and change the tempo in real time, but i don't think there's a way to program tempo changes.

the only negative things i can think of about the mobius are:

it's out of production (and the replacement orb is more expensive and less functional - no din sync!)

you can't change the gate time per step (i miss that from my old 202!)

and the biggest one for me: no external analogue clock in.
Kwote
Babaluma wrote:
the mobius is great, i've been using one for the last 5 years or so. you can do slow tempos, and change the tempo in real time, but i don't think there's a way to program tempo changes.

the only negative things i can think of about the mobius are:

it's out of production (and the replacement orb is more expensive and less functional - no din sync!)

you can't change the gate time per step (i miss that from my old 202!)

and the biggest one for me: no external analogue clock in.

All good to know. without those features I have zero reason to consider FR.

The thing is if I'm keeping the pattern the same during a tempo change doing it manually is totally cool. It's only if I want to have a completely different pattern once the tempo change takes place where programming would make a HUGE difference.

Ahh well. Keep on keepin I guess. Rockin' Banana!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1