MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Beyerdynamic DT-770 80 or 250
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Beyerdynamic DT-770 80 or 250
ThatFunnyLookinGuy
Which would be the best to buy if I am listening through a Motu Ultralite?
Ranxerox
I went in to a music store once ready to walk out with a pair of DT-250 (80 ohm), a/b'd them with the DT-770 and preferred the 770. The 250 were more thick and less 'stereo' sounding.

Then I found they didn't have any 770 stock (just the demo pair), so I tried a pair of Sony MDR-7506, which were even thicker and more hyped than the 250, although some people swear by them.

So then I tried a pair of Sennheiser HD-280 and found them to be better than the others and at around the same price. Similar sound to the 770 but less 'hollow' somehow, with better mid detail.

This is all totally subjective by the way, you are obviously better off trying as many headphones as you can find and making your own mind up.

I don't know what relevance your Ultralite has, unless there's something wrong with it or it's designed for high ohms (unlikely). Some people will tell you a high-end headphone amp is more important than the cans themselves, I've never thought so but again - subjective.
ThatFunnyLookinGuy
Ranxerox wrote:
I don't know what relevance your Ultralite has, unless there's something wrong with it or it's designed for high ohms (unlikely). Some people will tell you a high-end headphone amp is more important than the cans themselves, I've never thought so but again - subjective.

I ultimately wanted to know if it was designed for high ohms, but I can see it isnt. I guess I'll go with the 80 Ohm version
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1