MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bugbrand Modular Solos
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author Bugbrand Modular Solos
pas
A thread for solo modular compositions created solely on Bugbrand modulars.
pas
Exotica Spread
by Panagiotis A. Stathis

[s]http://snd.sc/XOXoVe[/s]
a scanner darkly
Wonderful stuff pas, thanks for posting! Was going to ask if you used any external effects but then saw the description on SC.

Do you mind describing the patch?
pas
Thank you scanner!
umm well, no precise details cuz I never write that stuff down plus this was made from two separate improvisations made in the last month & I was going through files a few evenings ago I had a thought on making this, but basically noise crusher is primary clock/brain in conjunction w/ the wavefolder processing cv streams from the seq1 plus slave. Single quad sine plus utility vco are the source vco's oh also sv filter. Everything is going through two pt delays, one rev1, one rev2 & dual lpg as primary vca. & of course multiple audio & cv streams fed through utl2c for additional modulation plus voodoo.
dogoftears
that was killer!!! i have a bunch of new modules arriving today, i will post something later tonight w00t w00t

man i wish i had a bunch of LPG's! i only gotz teh 1 on teh dd1.
a scanner darkly
Thanks pas!

pas wrote:
the wavefolder processing cv streams from the seq1 plus slave

hmm, never thought of using wavefolder that way, gotta try that...
pas
Thanks dog,

& scanner, I almost never use my wavefolder for audio.
dogoftears
pas wrote:
Thanks dog,

that's all fine and dandy but you haven't lived til youve pinged the SVF thru the folder!!

come on UPS... come on.... why do i have to live in the boonies. my bet is they get here at 7:10 pm.
pas
dogoftears wrote:
pas wrote:
Thanks dog,

that's all fine and dandy but you haven't lived til youve pinged the SVF thru the folder!!

come on UPS... come on.... why do i have to live in the boonies. my bet is they get here at 7:10 pm.

Truth, the holiest of plucks.

No dhl delivery? They work magic when Tom sends them out.
themanthatwasused
Great thread pas
I actually love the idea of a modular solo as it gets your mind active because every patch is a commitment that you have to ride into good and bad. And this certainly harkens back to my previous roots in surrealism where happy accidents are certainly welcome.
I have a few that I wanna share with you guys:

Baclaran
[bctrack]2660845430[/bctrack]

Can't See the Forest for the Trees
[bctrack]3663338014[/bctrack]

Bird of Prey
[bctrack]961533625[/bctrack]

Hope you can take time to listen, criticism is certainly welcome.
Guinness ftw!
pas
Killer tracks mr. Singapore! I listened to all 3 at once, honestly, I'd consider editing it as such.

Hope this thread catches on...solo bugbrand is one of the most therapeutic exercises I've discovered in life. A contained thread for such actions from the lot of us would be amazing.
dogoftears
pas wrote:

No dhl delivery? They work magic when Tom sends them out.

hehe we did that for the starter rack and FUCK it was like maybe 60 hours from time of shipment to reaching my doorstep. it sort of destroyed all sense of logic and reason. every time i hit refresh on tracking it was in a completely different part of the world.

UPS is also pretty quick they just have a tendency to show up at the very last minute that could possibly be considered part of a regular business day. plus one of the delivery guys has this tendency to want to play catch with me. like he pulls up, i excitedly open the door and come outside, and he thinks this is a signal for like some sort of football pass or something! so now i just sort of slowly lurch my head out the door once he's already started walking from driveway to front door with package firmly in hand. this seems to not cue his testosterone as much.

man-used, gonna peep yr files righnow
a scanner darkly
I had deliveries that took longer to reach me from the US than from Tom! Whenever I get an email from our reception (I use my work address) saying there is a package for me, a week earlier than I expected it's like Xmas all over again...

Unlike my first Bug rack which I bought here on B/S/T that got through trail derailment (really bizarre when you get that as your delivery status update...) They did deliver it 3 days later though, intact! (and from the limited info I found nobody was hurt in the derailment...)

But I should really stop derailing this thread... (hides)
tragedybysyntax
God damnit... i've honestly never used the wavefolder to process cv... very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating

Oh and all of these are gorgeous! I"m going to fire up the bug and jam a patch out for this thread tonight twisted
dogoftears
ooooooooo yeah UPS made it baby! this might be the best new-module day ever....
[s]http://soundcloud.com/aclyon/techno-improv-with-bugbrand[/s]
http://soundcloud.com/aclyon/techno-improv-with-bugbrand

SEQ1 is one of the sweetest things I have ever used in modular.

oh sry i cheated a little.... there's 2 FW free in my frames so i popped the Borg in there... it's doing the filtering on the acid-bass.

patch... SVF pinger kickpony thru folderfuck. SYN2A pulseypoo thru assimilation-filter(borg). SYN2B thru LPG does some right panned high bongos. PRC2B noise for zee left panned hi hat. SEQ1+1X+CTL1 sequence madness... some logic gating... oh yeah the snare... which is my other SYN2B mixed with the same white noise source (yay! white noise is always the same)... the SYN2B is being FM'd by the acid-bass thing... and the whole snarepony is running thru the marvelous PEGASUS TORNADO delay. oh and there is a CTL2 controlling SEQ1 range and PWM of the acid-bass. and stereo mixing of the snare, hats, delay signal, bongos, via UTL2B. kick and acid-bass thru UTL2, recorded on a separate channel in the DAW (headroom baby!). oh and the PRC2B is FMing itself with it's S/H, then square out is going into SEQ1 external clock, i switch between the internal clock for steady tempo and external clock for madness with the handy switch (those switches are sick!). and at some points i switch to external-run, triggered by one of the touchplates of the CTL2.

or something.
pas
murderous dog, good fun. seq1 is divine, best sequencer I've used congratz on the addition w00t
dogoftears
pas wrote:
murderous dog, good fun. seq1 is divine, best sequencer I've used congratz on the addition w00t

thx pas... just finished mastering another one, quite the opposite, now to find space on one of my soundclouds...
dogoftears
found!
[s]http://soundcloud.com/dcoffset/full-melt-sequence[/s]
http://soundcloud.com/dcoffset/full-melt-sequence

used a bit of every module for this. touch of eventide reverb on the bass (hope that's allowed). in the end i had the 2 bit bin mux left over, which i used as a slew for the gate that's used to open and close the bass.
pas
That deserves some goo! screaming goo yo

Can't wait for my 2bitbinmux, I should really use the noise crusher more for audio, such big rush

awesome man.
fredguy
Well done all around. SlayerBadger!
Full melt sequence MY ASS IS BLEEDING
You only need one sequencer if it's a Bugbrand thumbs up
dan_p
I look forward to going through some of these today,

Heres mine.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/dan_p/pingpong[/s]
a100user
Loving all of these
dogoftears
@dan_p that was killer... felt like working at the Bugbrand factory for a fictional planet where the demand for Bugbrand modules is so high that giant-sized insect-creatures have to whip humans into slavery to produce enough Weevils and Noisecrushers.
dan_p
^ thanks thumbs up

that was exactly what I was trying to convey hihi
pas
Turbo nice Dan! you displayed that rawness bugbrand is so capable of exquisitely & you made me bob my head along to highend sizzle, love that shit 6 minutes in.

I have another track coming soon, strictly for the maniacs unless I fail miserably & chuck it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 1 of 11