MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bugbrand Modular Solos
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author Bugbrand Modular Solos
dan_p
Thanks pas,

post it up then sunshine, lets have a listen.
fredguy
A little bug beat. A first take and it took a bit to get the snare sound where I liked.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/discord[/s]
pas
Fred's on attack mode, nice!
dogoftears
fredguy, you have inspired me to crack a beer. Guinness ftw!
tragedybysyntax
[s]http://soundcloud.com/tragedybysyntax/bugwiggle[/s]
Here is a jam i was messing with last night after getting the bug all setup on it's new table!!
pas
Luigi's darkside!
Killer track man, last three minutes did it for me, yes!
dogoftears
okay, i took this challenge and ran with it:
[s]http://soundcloud.com/aclyon/the-best-tom[/s]

Dedicated to the invincible super-hero known as Tom Bugs.
I'm gonna put this one on an A.C. Lyon album i'm working on...
pas
Really nice d, another slick banger.

Though, as Kool Keith once said, "I like it real raw, change arrangements on your face." ...do one, no ot, no daw, real raw.
dogoftears
pas wrote:
Really nice d, another slick banger.

Though, as Kool Keith once said, "I like it real raw, change arrangements on your face." ...do one, no ot, no daw, real raw.

hehe the only OT in that is to sequence the hi hat and snare, tho they are still bug samples w00t

loooots of multi track tho

raw paw coming
fredguy
bug on the down low

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/even-chuck-norris-needs[/s]
dogoftears
damn fredguy that was awesome!! killer pitch shifting FX with the PT there.

okay Pas i have met your challenge here are a couple TRUE one-take bug modular solos w00t on bandcamp this time cus i am out of space on all my SC's and don't feel like making another e-mail address.

[bctrack]2747129837[/bctrack]

[bctrack]2363692093[/bctrack]

These are both recordings of the same patch which is based heavily on the SEQ1. A lot going on but what was really cool to me was that I clocked the the SEQ1 with the square out of the Noisecrusher, then sent 2 of the stage outputs to a dual DC mixer and inverted them to varying amounts, then sent that into the FM in of the Noisecrusher. This created a sequence that slows down on exactly the same steps every repetition. I was able to find a bunch of funky rhythms in there that were really laughing at "4/4" type timing. w00t
dogoftears
[bctrack]2502061338[/bctrack]

[bctrack]2677222567[/bctrack]

i have a few things to report:
1- Bandcamp is superior to Soundcloud. WTF have I been doing all these years...
2- SEQ1 is really inspiring me.
3- I like hash a lot.

these are both Bug-only one-takers from a single patch, like before.
pas
These are rad d, thanks for sharing. seq1 is badman...insanely inspiring piece of kit. I do love how w/ bandcamp files you can play them simultaneously. I might take the plunge, I'm nearly out of soundcloud space. Again, awesome tracks, I'm a sucker for stripped, skeletal productions. Love the soaring, smeared aktions on Pastimes pt. 2, well done brother.
dogoftears
pas wrote:
These are rad d, thanks for sharing. seq1 is badman...insanely inspiring piece of kit. I do love how w/ bandcamp files you can play them simultaneously. I might take the plunge, I'm nearly out of soundcloud space. Again, awesome tracks, I'm a sucker for stripped, skeletal productions. Love the soaring, smeared aktions on Pastimes pt. 2, well done brother.

yeah you can even tempt people to give you money, and there is unlimited space, and the stream quality is much better.

tho i can't do this nifty trick of playing multiple files at once as you mention... chrome/os x here...

i had a lot of fun producing those and will likely make a couple more similar pieces based around the SEQ1 to finish out this little "album" that's begun. this will also be a good approach for an album i want to make on 4 track cassette methinks.

yr turn Pas... i am a young Jedi and you are either Yoda or Palpatine, show us which.
pas
dogoftears wrote:

yr turn Pas... i am a young Jedi and you are either Yoda or Palpatine, show us which.

Probably neither, I like star trek haha...more soon, time is slim, projects bubbling...however, four-day weekend 'jus round the bend!
BugBrand
So many great sounds here!
Thanks all & keep them coming!
pas
dogoftears
^so nice, and entertaining video.
what is the module to the left of the seq1? a clock div? lots of nice LED action on that one.
pas
active switch dog, poor man's clk haha...thanks
dogoftears
pas wrote:

damnit i wanted one of those. now that i see the blinky lights i want it even more. it's like there's a rave on either side of yr SEQ1.
pas
dogoftears wrote:
pas wrote:

damnit i wanted one of those. now that i see the blinky lights i want it even more. it's like there's a rave on either side of yr SEQ1.

It is, haha...it's super useful in bugland, useful always really, but I can take a little quite far w/ it in my tiny bug system. Worth mentioning I guess, seq1 isn't on random mode, shifting the steps around via various clocks 'n what not...thought it was a neat approach when Fred was talking about that technique. Oh & this is my first YouTube vid, I caved, more to come hopefully...way more convenient when uploading bits on here. I guess I should now look into syncing video w/ direct recordings, sort of enjoy shitty YouTube audio though...another perspective.
dogoftears
yes that "rand" switch on the SEQ1 is barely necessary if you feed it the right kinds of wonky clock material. actually i only just noticed that switch hehe, i think i will incorporate it into the next recording somehow.

videos are cool but syncing them to HQ audio is a bit time consuming (not terribly, but enough to make it less of a convenient side activity). plus youtube compression of audio no matter what is quite horrid.
fredguy
great stuff dogoftears and pas applause

I've had the same patch up for a while now, just twiddle knobs a bit.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/there-was-nothing-about-this[/s]
a scanner darkly
Love this thread!

Here is a patch I did for the Disquiet Junto SC group, not a terribly exciting patch but I thought it was an interesting idea, using only 3 sine waves with no pitch change and no other sounds other than processing the 3 sine waves. So I thought I would process the 3 sines by putting them through different processing chains and then using a fade/pan and an active switch to select which sine goes through which chain. Additionally some of the sines (again, selected by the switches/fade) are used as a clock source to sample some of the mixed sines by a bugcrusher and noisecrusher, and then mixed in with the rest. There are more details on the patch in the SC description. Cocoquantus and Koma are used to add a bit of "sheen".

[s]http://soundcloud.com/scannerdarkly/all-is-made-of-sines[/s]

By the way, SC is now offering unlimited accounts!
pas
Top notch guys!
'bout time scanner, you were the only lad missing from what seems to be the 3rd/(final?) tier/wave bug user thread haha...minus Dan & Luigi of course.

Really love both of these, so completely different. Another stellar dizzying romp from Fred, & scanner, I love this wooly direction you've stumbled on... applause
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 2 of 11