MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bugbrand Modular Solos
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Bugbrand Modular Solos
pas
A thread for solo modular compositions created solely on Bugbrand modulars.
pas
Exotica Spread
by Panagiotis A. Stathis

[s]http://snd.sc/XOXoVe[/s]
a scanner darkly
Wonderful stuff pas, thanks for posting! Was going to ask if you used any external effects but then saw the description on SC.

Do you mind describing the patch?
pas
Thank you scanner!
umm well, no precise details cuz I never write that stuff down plus this was made from two separate improvisations made in the last month & I was going through files a few evenings ago I had a thought on making this, but basically noise crusher is primary clock/brain in conjunction w/ the wavefolder processing cv streams from the seq1 plus slave. Single quad sine plus utility vco are the source vco's oh also sv filter. Everything is going through two pt delays, one rev1, one rev2 & dual lpg as primary vca. & of course multiple audio & cv streams fed through utl2c for additional modulation plus voodoo.
dogoftears
that was killer!!! i have a bunch of new modules arriving today, i will post something later tonight w00t w00t

man i wish i had a bunch of LPG's! i only gotz teh 1 on teh dd1.
a scanner darkly
Thanks pas!

pas wrote:
the wavefolder processing cv streams from the seq1 plus slave

hmm, never thought of using wavefolder that way, gotta try that...
pas
Thanks dog,

& scanner, I almost never use my wavefolder for audio.
dogoftears
pas wrote:
Thanks dog,

that's all fine and dandy but you haven't lived til youve pinged the SVF thru the folder!!

come on UPS... come on.... why do i have to live in the boonies. my bet is they get here at 7:10 pm.
pas
dogoftears wrote:
pas wrote:
Thanks dog,

that's all fine and dandy but you haven't lived til youve pinged the SVF thru the folder!!

come on UPS... come on.... why do i have to live in the boonies. my bet is they get here at 7:10 pm.

Truth, the holiest of plucks.

No dhl delivery? They work magic when Tom sends them out.
themanthatwasused
Great thread pas
I actually love the idea of a modular solo as it gets your mind active because every patch is a commitment that you have to ride into good and bad. And this certainly harkens back to my previous roots in surrealism where happy accidents are certainly welcome.
I have a few that I wanna share with you guys:

Baclaran
[bctrack]2660845430[/bctrack]

Can't See the Forest for the Trees
[bctrack]3663338014[/bctrack]

Bird of Prey
[bctrack]961533625[/bctrack]

Hope you can take time to listen, criticism is certainly welcome.
Guinness ftw!
pas
Killer tracks mr. Singapore! I listened to all 3 at once, honestly, I'd consider editing it as such.

Hope this thread catches on...solo bugbrand is one of the most therapeutic exercises I've discovered in life. A contained thread for such actions from the lot of us would be amazing.
dogoftears
pas wrote:

No dhl delivery? They work magic when Tom sends them out.

hehe we did that for the starter rack and FUCK it was like maybe 60 hours from time of shipment to reaching my doorstep. it sort of destroyed all sense of logic and reason. every time i hit refresh on tracking it was in a completely different part of the world.

UPS is also pretty quick they just have a tendency to show up at the very last minute that could possibly be considered part of a regular business day. plus one of the delivery guys has this tendency to want to play catch with me. like he pulls up, i excitedly open the door and come outside, and he thinks this is a signal for like some sort of football pass or something! so now i just sort of slowly lurch my head out the door once he's already started walking from driveway to front door with package firmly in hand. this seems to not cue his testosterone as much.

man-used, gonna peep yr files righnow
a scanner darkly
I had deliveries that took longer to reach me from the US than from Tom! Whenever I get an email from our reception (I use my work address) saying there is a package for me, a week earlier than I expected it's like Xmas all over again...

Unlike my first Bug rack which I bought here on B/S/T that got through trail derailment (really bizarre when you get that as your delivery status update...) They did deliver it 3 days later though, intact! (and from the limited info I found nobody was hurt in the derailment...)

But I should really stop derailing this thread... (hides)
tragedybysyntax
God damnit... i've honestly never used the wavefolder to process cv... very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating

Oh and all of these are gorgeous! I"m going to fire up the bug and jam a patch out for this thread tonight twisted
dogoftears
ooooooooo yeah UPS made it baby! this might be the best new-module day ever....
[s]http://soundcloud.com/aclyon/techno-improv-with-bugbrand[/s]
http://soundcloud.com/aclyon/techno-improv-with-bugbrand

SEQ1 is one of the sweetest things I have ever used in modular.

oh sry i cheated a little.... there's 2 FW free in my frames so i popped the Borg in there... it's doing the filtering on the acid-bass.

patch... SVF pinger kickpony thru folderfuck. SYN2A pulseypoo thru assimilation-filter(borg). SYN2B thru LPG does some right panned high bongos. PRC2B noise for zee left panned hi hat. SEQ1+1X+CTL1 sequence madness... some logic gating... oh yeah the snare... which is my other SYN2B mixed with the same white noise source (yay! white noise is always the same)... the SYN2B is being FM'd by the acid-bass thing... and the whole snarepony is running thru the marvelous PEGASUS TORNADO delay. oh and there is a CTL2 controlling SEQ1 range and PWM of the acid-bass. and stereo mixing of the snare, hats, delay signal, bongos, via UTL2B. kick and acid-bass thru UTL2, recorded on a separate channel in the DAW (headroom baby!). oh and the PRC2B is FMing itself with it's S/H, then square out is going into SEQ1 external clock, i switch between the internal clock for steady tempo and external clock for madness with the handy switch (those switches are sick!). and at some points i switch to external-run, triggered by one of the touchplates of the CTL2.

or something.
pas
murderous dog, good fun. seq1 is divine, best sequencer I've used congratz on the addition w00t
dogoftears
pas wrote:
murderous dog, good fun. seq1 is divine, best sequencer I've used congratz on the addition w00t

thx pas... just finished mastering another one, quite the opposite, now to find space on one of my soundclouds...
dogoftears
found!
[s]http://soundcloud.com/dcoffset/full-melt-sequence[/s]
http://soundcloud.com/dcoffset/full-melt-sequence

used a bit of every module for this. touch of eventide reverb on the bass (hope that's allowed). in the end i had the 2 bit bin mux left over, which i used as a slew for the gate that's used to open and close the bass.
pas
That deserves some goo! screaming goo yo

Can't wait for my 2bitbinmux, I should really use the noise crusher more for audio, such big rush

awesome man.
fredguy
Well done all around. SlayerBadger!
Full melt sequence MY ASS IS BLEEDING
You only need one sequencer if it's a Bugbrand thumbs up
dan_p
I look forward to going through some of these today,

Heres mine.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/dan_p/pingpong[/s]
a100user
Loving all of these
dogoftears
@dan_p that was killer... felt like working at the Bugbrand factory for a fictional planet where the demand for Bugbrand modules is so high that giant-sized insect-creatures have to whip humans into slavery to produce enough Weevils and Noisecrushers.
dan_p
^ thanks thumbs up

that was exactly what I was trying to convey hihi
pas
Turbo nice Dan! you displayed that rawness bugbrand is so capable of exquisitely & you made me bob my head along to highend sizzle, love that shit 6 minutes in.

I have another track coming soon, strictly for the maniacs unless I fail miserably & chuck it.
dan_p
Thanks pas,

post it up then sunshine, lets have a listen.
fredguy
A little bug beat. A first take and it took a bit to get the snare sound where I liked.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/discord[/s]
pas
Fred's on attack mode, nice!
dogoftears
fredguy, you have inspired me to crack a beer. Guinness ftw!
tragedybysyntax
[s]http://soundcloud.com/tragedybysyntax/bugwiggle[/s]
Here is a jam i was messing with last night after getting the bug all setup on it's new table!!
pas
Luigi's darkside!
Killer track man, last three minutes did it for me, yes!
dogoftears
okay, i took this challenge and ran with it:
[s]http://soundcloud.com/aclyon/the-best-tom[/s]

Dedicated to the invincible super-hero known as Tom Bugs.
I'm gonna put this one on an A.C. Lyon album i'm working on...
pas
Really nice d, another slick banger.

Though, as Kool Keith once said, "I like it real raw, change arrangements on your face." ...do one, no ot, no daw, real raw.
dogoftears
pas wrote:
Really nice d, another slick banger.

Though, as Kool Keith once said, "I like it real raw, change arrangements on your face." ...do one, no ot, no daw, real raw.

hehe the only OT in that is to sequence the hi hat and snare, tho they are still bug samples w00t

loooots of multi track tho

raw paw coming
fredguy
bug on the down low

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/even-chuck-norris-needs[/s]
dogoftears
damn fredguy that was awesome!! killer pitch shifting FX with the PT there.

okay Pas i have met your challenge here are a couple TRUE one-take bug modular solos w00t on bandcamp this time cus i am out of space on all my SC's and don't feel like making another e-mail address.

[bctrack]2747129837[/bctrack]

[bctrack]2363692093[/bctrack]

These are both recordings of the same patch which is based heavily on the SEQ1. A lot going on but what was really cool to me was that I clocked the the SEQ1 with the square out of the Noisecrusher, then sent 2 of the stage outputs to a dual DC mixer and inverted them to varying amounts, then sent that into the FM in of the Noisecrusher. This created a sequence that slows down on exactly the same steps every repetition. I was able to find a bunch of funky rhythms in there that were really laughing at "4/4" type timing. w00t
dogoftears
[bctrack]2502061338[/bctrack]

[bctrack]2677222567[/bctrack]

i have a few things to report:
1- Bandcamp is superior to Soundcloud. WTF have I been doing all these years...
2- SEQ1 is really inspiring me.
3- I like hash a lot.

these are both Bug-only one-takers from a single patch, like before.
pas
These are rad d, thanks for sharing. seq1 is badman...insanely inspiring piece of kit. I do love how w/ bandcamp files you can play them simultaneously. I might take the plunge, I'm nearly out of soundcloud space. Again, awesome tracks, I'm a sucker for stripped, skeletal productions. Love the soaring, smeared aktions on Pastimes pt. 2, well done brother.
dogoftears
pas wrote:
These are rad d, thanks for sharing. seq1 is badman...insanely inspiring piece of kit. I do love how w/ bandcamp files you can play them simultaneously. I might take the plunge, I'm nearly out of soundcloud space. Again, awesome tracks, I'm a sucker for stripped, skeletal productions. Love the soaring, smeared aktions on Pastimes pt. 2, well done brother.

yeah you can even tempt people to give you money, and there is unlimited space, and the stream quality is much better.

tho i can't do this nifty trick of playing multiple files at once as you mention... chrome/os x here...

i had a lot of fun producing those and will likely make a couple more similar pieces based around the SEQ1 to finish out this little "album" that's begun. this will also be a good approach for an album i want to make on 4 track cassette methinks.

yr turn Pas... i am a young Jedi and you are either Yoda or Palpatine, show us which.
pas
dogoftears wrote:

yr turn Pas... i am a young Jedi and you are either Yoda or Palpatine, show us which.

Probably neither, I like star trek haha...more soon, time is slim, projects bubbling...however, four-day weekend 'jus round the bend!
BugBrand
So many great sounds here!
Thanks all & keep them coming!
pas
dogoftears
^so nice, and entertaining video.
what is the module to the left of the seq1? a clock div? lots of nice LED action on that one.
pas
active switch dog, poor man's clk haha...thanks
dogoftears
pas wrote:

damnit i wanted one of those. now that i see the blinky lights i want it even more. it's like there's a rave on either side of yr SEQ1.
pas
dogoftears wrote:
pas wrote:

damnit i wanted one of those. now that i see the blinky lights i want it even more. it's like there's a rave on either side of yr SEQ1.

It is, haha...it's super useful in bugland, useful always really, but I can take a little quite far w/ it in my tiny bug system. Worth mentioning I guess, seq1 isn't on random mode, shifting the steps around via various clocks 'n what not...thought it was a neat approach when Fred was talking about that technique. Oh & this is my first YouTube vid, I caved, more to come hopefully...way more convenient when uploading bits on here. I guess I should now look into syncing video w/ direct recordings, sort of enjoy shitty YouTube audio though...another perspective.
dogoftears
yes that "rand" switch on the SEQ1 is barely necessary if you feed it the right kinds of wonky clock material. actually i only just noticed that switch hehe, i think i will incorporate it into the next recording somehow.

videos are cool but syncing them to HQ audio is a bit time consuming (not terribly, but enough to make it less of a convenient side activity). plus youtube compression of audio no matter what is quite horrid.
fredguy
great stuff dogoftears and pas applause

I've had the same patch up for a while now, just twiddle knobs a bit.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/there-was-nothing-about-this[/s]
a scanner darkly
Love this thread!

Here is a patch I did for the Disquiet Junto SC group, not a terribly exciting patch but I thought it was an interesting idea, using only 3 sine waves with no pitch change and no other sounds other than processing the 3 sine waves. So I thought I would process the 3 sines by putting them through different processing chains and then using a fade/pan and an active switch to select which sine goes through which chain. Additionally some of the sines (again, selected by the switches/fade) are used as a clock source to sample some of the mixed sines by a bugcrusher and noisecrusher, and then mixed in with the rest. There are more details on the patch in the SC description. Cocoquantus and Koma are used to add a bit of "sheen".

[s]http://soundcloud.com/scannerdarkly/all-is-made-of-sines[/s]

By the way, SC is now offering unlimited accounts!
pas
Top notch guys!
'bout time scanner, you were the only lad missing from what seems to be the 3rd/(final?) tier/wave bug user thread haha...minus Dan & Luigi of course.

Really love both of these, so completely different. Another stellar dizzying romp from Fred, & scanner, I love this wooly direction you've stumbled on... applause
dan_p
Bah, I'm working away for a few days and the internet is so damn slow in the hotel I can't even listen to this stuff.

I'm so getting on the the BugBrand when I get back.

Keep em coming, I'll queue them up for listening when I can.

ahh sod it, have an old one I feel left out, this is one of the first things I did with my BugBrand system.

[bctrack]1740217381[/bctrack]

And just because I listened to a radio 4 programme about Brit Funk today have an old BugBrand funk track too.

[bctrack]1240476864[/bctrack]
a scanner darkly
Using pas's method of listening to bandcamp tracks simultaneously - Dan, these 2 sound great together!
a scanner darkly
and pas, don't forget my thread, would love to hear your take on BugBrand and company! (Dave - and you can multitrack all you want there too hihi the only reason I do everything in one take is I'm too lazy :-)
dogoftears
fredguy and scanner really nice stuff. i like yr patch idea and the results scanner, it was plenty exciting for me. Dan_p getting to you soon.

hehe i got lots of multitrack studio-sex madness for yr other thread, i put one just now, but i suppose i should make something new...
fredguy
Solo bug jam in seven

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/unfair-fight-7-against-4[/s]
dogoftears
ugh i just had to get this awful dripping with ooze and fecal gravy frequency shifter thing in the mail today from Darenager........

[bctrack]3920865157[/bctrack]

[bctrack]489624151[/bctrack]

[bctrack]845533967[/bctrack]

[bctrack]3408297970[/bctrack]

i do not suggest playing these all at the same time unless you want to damage your speakers/get fired/get dumped by gf etc.
tragedybysyntax
dog.... that first one was possibly the sickest sequence I've ever fucking heard. WOW!!!!
dan_p
Right I'm home and have started going through the BugSounds,

Dog of mutha4kin tears, those were the shit my friend, right up my street.

I'l listen to the rest later, I got a date with a couple of pints of HPA!
pas
Dog got the beat make the booty go Clap
dogoftears
nice stuff danp really like the funk one!
also nice one fredguy love the build up

thanks for the kind words every one. loyal order of the SEQ1!!!
darenager
Wow great stuff guys.
a100user
[s]http://soundcloud.com/a100user/just-buggering-about[/s]

Dittie from last night

Starts with two 2 SYN2C's into PRC3A
Main sequence is just a SYN2A sync'd and FM'd by 2 others into PRC1.
The effect is PRC2B into PRC3A into PRSYN2BX into PRC1
dogoftears
quite liked that. the PRC1 bit below the main lead is really nice and ominous, almost sounds like a rams horn.
sandyb
bleeps, bloops and fart noises.
(you'll miss a fair bit of the bass on laptop speakers)

[bctrack]1735070416[/bctrack]
dogoftears
^nice one sandy i'm not even totally sure i knew you had a system!
pas
Whoa, missed these last few, terrific work fellas!
sandyb
dogoftears wrote:
^nice one sandy i'm not even totally sure i knew you had a system!

thanks.
i do - about 4 frames worth.
jdev
Wow guys, these are all great tracks and sounds. I keep checking back in on in this thread to hear the latest!
pas
dogoftears
^prettyyyyyyyy
fredguy
Nice stuff pas

(track deleted for space)
dogoftears
mmm taken that drug often
pas
The Asterism
Hi Gang
Thought I'd join the fray:

a few months old now, but my first all Bugbrand assembly, three tracks of a one voice system recorded into an Edirol through a vox miniamp - Memory Man echo on there too.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/the-asterism/bugmachinemusic[/s]
pas
fredguy
Here's part of a recent exploration. Syn2b self fm through a noise crusher is
the sound source. Noise crusher, weevil , and the syn2b anded together
through a clock divider provide the sequencing gates. Pitch varied with a
joystick choosing the state of a 2 bit bin mux. Delay time and feedback
played via the ctl2 touch plates.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/noseqa[/s]
DonaldCrunk
holy crap you guys, i remember visiting this thread at the beginning and thinking there was good shit in here - i return a week or two later and the content in this thread is just 4 pages of awesome!. i have really enjoyed listening to probably every single track posted in this thread. really good stuff guys, keep 'em coming
DonaldCrunk
i can't even single anyone out for praise - all of you have a different and unique 'angle' on your instrument, it's really cool to hear. tier 3 bugbrand users w00t w00t
sandyb
2 sv filters, 2 pt delays, a frequency shifter and an envelope in a feedback loop.
(there are a couple of fairly resonant spikes in this)

[bctrack]3760352965[/bctrack]
pas
excellent sandy
Ghost
darenager
Loverly stuff guys!

Here is a short snippet of a track I made, everything Bugbrand except the reverb, sequenced using SEQ1 and 2BitMux. Minimal techno but started out as an exploration of African percussion, ended here, who am I to argue with the Bug? hihi

[s]http://soundcloud.com/daren-ager/tending-sines[/s]
pas
Nice daren, thanks for sharing
fredguy
Great stuff daren. Amazing how the bug can choose your path. SlayerBadger!
dogoftears
catching up since i was gone throwing a desert party!
pas-- that is a crazy noise patch. i love how plugging in that tiny nana at the end does something fuct up!

fredguy-- ominous and minimal, very nice.

sandyb-- woah yr sound design is awesome, i really enjoyed that recording

daren-- you brits know how to rawk. sometimes i wonder if i should have been raised in that gloomy place.
dogoftears
post desert party house cleaning self playing noise patch... this is the 3U i put together for my set(s):

consists of 2 ENV1's, 2 SYN2B's, FShftr, PRC5, PRC3A, PRC1, DD1, UTL2B. crazy setup.
sandyb
it's cool the amount of noise only 3u of bugs can make!
dogoftears
sandyb wrote:
it's cool the amount of noise only 3u of bugs can make!

yeah with that 3U i found myself doing much more Serge-like patching with more stacks (on inputs too), feedback, etc. it's a fun challenge... i almost never make patches like that w/ the full system, those patches are always much more organized and easy to retrace the signal/control flows etc. with the above one by the end i was happy to not have a clue of how i'd quite ended up there-- intuitive patching at it's finest.
a100user
[s]http://soundcloud.com/a100user/buggering-about-2[/s]
KNYST
^
Like it, David. I find it very relaxing.

Lot of nice Bug examples in this thread...
a100user
Thank you grin
fredguy
Nice buggering about. thumbs up

Here's a beat I've been playing with for a couple of nights, PRC2B square and noise sequenced with a SEQ1.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/prc2beat[/s]
a100user
Liking the PRC2beat and everything in this thread - keep it coming
a scanner darkly
a100user, fredguy - awesome tracks, really showing different sides of Bug nicely!
pas
a scanner darkly wrote:
a100user, fredguy - awesome tracks, really showing different sides of Bug nicely!

Truth, been out sick, catching up,
Fred, yours is oddly sexy, the sleazy kind, my favorite
fredguy
pas wrote:
a scanner darkly wrote:

Truth, been out sick, catching up,
Fred, yours is oddly sexy, the sleazy kind, my favorite

Thanks pas, sometimes the bug channels my funk bass, scratch wah wah guitar playing, sordid past. Rockin' Banana!
themanthatwasused
It's been a while since I have had time with my modular.
A lot of things has been floating for me so far, so it was great to come up with something really massive with just a few modules.
[s]http://soundcloud.com/wiquwi/2013-04-07-live-evil[/s]
My first run in with the weevil.
Thanks again Max!
KNYST
Mr. Green impressive wall of noise there w00t
fredguy
Survived a visit with my mother-in-law and got my basement back w00t

Self fm'd SYN2B feeding two filters into a pt delay. A little space at the beginning and the end.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/b-ticket-to-bugville[/s]
dogoftears
nice work everyone! been crazy busy lately but managed to record this last night:

[bctrack]2193036347[/bctrack]

first recording using the SYN1-- i wanted to see what it would sound like as a triple osc through PRC3A, so mixed the 3 squares pre filter. then i made a quantized sequence for it with SEQ1 and QNT, and modulated the starve with a divided down CTL1... the starve modulation seemed to create very musical transpositions that make the sequence seem longer! not expected. switching between stable and unstable also had strikingly musical effects. looking forward to exploring the many uses of the SYN1.
pas
dog! that was cold,
maniac melodies, screaming goo yo
tIB
Some amazing stuff in here. smile

Here's something from me: [s]http://soundcloud.com/tib/bugger[/s]
a100user
Loving that tIB. Was that a single pass recording?
tIB
Cheers! I cheated on this one: recorded the background drone and then did the beat. I didnt have enough filters to do it all together!
a100user
sounds great, playing it again
tIB
^ Cheers!

Spent a bit more time with that patch, tidied up, dubbed down and recorded this.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/tib/buggerdub[/s]

Just the one pass this time.
dogoftears
nice stuff tib!!!!!!
first one sounds like psytrance! just needs thwappier kick and big fat OHH w00t
pas
damn tIB, that first one's amazing, both really, applause
tIB
My first foray into psytrance! Thanks chaps. smile
Been a bit slower with the bug recently, reorganised the studio today to get it front and center once again... hopefully more to come.
themanthatwasused
The arrival of my new PT Delay merits a patch:
[bctrack]3558056939[/bctrack]
Two PT Delay and the Freq shift is just....
screaming goo yo
otoskope
Agreed! Perfect combination.
moog55
pas wrote:
damn tIB, that first one's amazing, both really, applause

agreed with pas. those are great, tIB!
moog55
themanthatwasused wrote:
The arrival of my new PT Delay merits a patch:
[bctrack]3558056939[/bctrack]
Two PT Delay and the Freq shift is just....
screaming goo yo

great stuff, Harvey! can you describe what's going around 19:35? just curious. sounds awesome.
themanthatwasused
moog55 wrote:
great stuff, Harvey! can you describe what's going around 19:35? just curious. sounds awesome.

Thanks man!
I have a patch where in all my soundsource are in LFO Mode and then the final output is feedback to the Delay then fed back to the Frequency shifter. The small tinkling sounds comes from the delay and Frequency shifter being pushed back real hard.
Im really loving this two in feeding back the main output so you have a wet and dry signal ring moded.
It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners
themanthatwasused
More beat driven this time.
Weevil somehow finds itself in the center of the patch once more.
[s]http://soundcloud.com/wiquwi/2013-04-14[/s]
fredguy
Self playing mixolydian patch

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/selfmixol[/s]
fredguy
Three screaming goo yo and here it is a fucking double post. Damn you soundcloud.....
dogoftears
loved it fredguy... quantizer brings so much to the table for self-playing patches
tIB
Downtempo bug funk:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/tib/bad-driver-alert[/s]
fredguy
tIB wrote:
Downtempo bug funk:

It's like a jungle sometimes
Makes me wonder
How I keep from going under........
a scanner darkly
dogoftears wrote:
quantizer brings so much to the table for self-playing patches

Indeed, and the fact it's a double quantizer is great, getting some interesting sequences with 2 quantizers in different scales. Here is a couple for the most part self playing patches. Some of the sequences are actually waveforms on E350 being stepped through with interpolation mode off. A bit of outboard delay/reverbs added for ambiance.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/scannerdarkly/shift[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/scannerdarkly/where[/s]
themanthatwasused
Was a real slow and frustrating day personally.
Took it out on the modular:
moog55
good stuff, harvey!

my perverted ears hear porn in that lovely bug soup from 0:28-0:34. hihi
themanthatwasused
moog55 wrote:
good stuff, harvey!

my perverted ears hear porn in that lovely bug soup from 0:28-0:34. hihi

haha the dual preamp is such a whore I tell you.
you kids get off my lawn
a100user
[s]http://soundcloud.com/a100user/bugs-in-the-machine-part-1[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/a100user/bugs-in-the-machine-part-2[/s]
moog55
a100user wrote:
[s]http://soundcloud.com/a100user/bugs-in-the-machine-part-1[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/a100user/bugs-in-the-machine-part-2[/s]

i like these, a100user. part 2 is especially good. quite dark/ominous/apocalyptic. thumbs up
a100user
Thanks for the kind words.

I prefer the second patch too.
fredguy
Patches come to mind in the strangest places. The basis of this one came
about wandering in the desert last week.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/notom-wandering[/s]
polyroy
Apologies for the cross post, but this is fitting I guess. My first all Bug recording, done in one take.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/polyroy/bugday[/s]
themanthatwasused
^^^
polyroy
Sounds great man!
Missing my Bug as I am preparing to move waah
a100user
Cool Polyroy
phisynth
some BB impros from yesterday evening : [s]http://soundcloud.com/phisynth/sets/bugbrand-diversions[/s]
a100user
Loving you b leeps and bloops phi.
dogoftears
beautiful stuff Phi, love the slinky sequencey 2 and 3, and 4 sounds like Jew's Harp and didgeridoo, beautiful. do you remember the patch for 4?
fredguy
Great stuff polyroy and phi.

Here's another single take track, with a little space added.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguy-1/ahchula[/s]
phisynth
Thanks guys thumbs up
dogoftears wrote:
do you remember the patch for 4?

not precisely, but heavily based around the E350 for sure. Beautiful oscillator !

and nice one fredguy !
a100user
A little sequence

[s]http://soundcloud.com/a100user/little-sequence[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/a100user/another-little-sequence[/s]

My favorite sequence of the evening

[s]http://soundcloud.com/a100user/music-for-bugports[/s]
fredguy
Nice music for bugports. thumbs up

Great stuff phi, I finally had some time to listen to your recent bug explorations.

Matrix mixer showed up yesterday. Feedback ensued. Two delays, two quad sines. Self playing single take.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguy-1/hadamard-transformed[/s]
a100user
Nice Fredguy, very immersive
phisynth
Excellent, Fredguy thumbs up
Got to put the MM at work a little more myself, but a bit overwhelmed right now with all this novelty, so trying to restrain myself to a couple of modules to fully understand their potential...

A100user : nice timbres in the 3rd one thumbs up
tIB
My eurovision entry:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/tib/bugdrone[/s]
phisynth
tIB wrote:
My eurovision entry:

if only...I'd gladly watch/hear it

some more entomology :
[s]http://soundcloud.com/phisynth/macrodontia-cervicornis[/s]
weinglas
@all: So many different sounding, but nonetheless great sounding tracks! Thanks for sharing!

@tIB: UK 12 points lol
fredguy
Jam on a patch that's been up for a couple of nights. Started as a quadrature
sin cross fm patch and went from there.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguy-1/bjam-5-22-13[/s]
KNYST
I'm a bad listener - too little time d'oh!
... but have finally been listening to some of the recent stuff...

@fredguy: love that Notom track!! Very visual. Deserts are great for inspiration.
"Hadamard transformed" is beautiful too.

@phi: your insects made me smile. Very much enjoyed most of them - interesting sounds thumbs up

@a100user: nice sequencing and bugport!

@tIB: damn, that is SlayerBadger! My guess is this was your first encounter with the Eurovision contest? I bet it killed...
ninGiaBoom
wow guys, this thread is amazing...as new fella i would just say : "thanks for posting applause keep on playing Rockin' Banana!
themanthatwasused
I patched up the same concept yesterday. So now FM-MF is a two song piece.

[bcalbum]1184972548[/bcalbum]

Edited: added another piece.
polyroy
'Nice day for a Bug' was recorded last weekend and I've only just had the chance to upload it to my opentape. All Bug. All beautiful Bug.

http://polyroy.muffwiggler.com/
a100user
Loving that piece Polyroy, so wonderfully chilled
KNYST
@ themanthatwasused: a mid 90's Merzbow take on modular synthesis hihi
thumbs up to feedback sounds.

@ polyroy: like it. nice day indeed This is fun!
Reminded me of harmonicas or some other aerophone with metal reeds.
fredguy
Live bug jam. w00t

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguy-1/why-is-this-man-dancing[/s]
numan7
polyroy wrote:
'Nice day for a Bug' was recorded last weekend and I've only just had the chance to upload it to my opentape. All Bug. All beautiful Bug.

http://polyroy.muffwiggler.com/

i just listened to that one a little bit earlier - wonderfully relaxing and nice harmonica-like tones, polyroy! applause

Rockin' Banana! and here is my first BugBrand! modular solo! - I am using each of my pairs of {CTL2, SYN1, SYN2A, PRC3A and UTL2} as well as PRC5 and PRC1 in this patch...

[s]http://soundcloud.com/shinybeast/something-is-about-to-happen[/s]

hmmm..... I intend to recreate this patch later (from detailed photos) and record another version with me singing, once the CocoKeravos arrives (this will be 'Part 1')... I guess that should go in the BugBrand and company thread, though.

cheers
themanthatwasused
Made some hip hop beats on my Bugbrand modular. A bit of departure from my 10 minute masterbations. As always a one take live recording.
This is a two track affair, enjoy.
[bcalbum]3252018010[/bcalbum]
fredguy
two syn2b, frequency shifter, delay and a little space

deleted for space
fredguy
post swim meet amusement

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguy-1/regional-forecast[/s]
a100user
Nice piece Fredguy
thumbs up
otoskope
A little patching excercise. Sort of what my head feels like after spending a day listening to grant applications.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/otoskope/mind-grinder-snippet[/s]

One tri-core osc, one PT delay and one weevil controlling them both. CV processed by five auxiliary modules (3xslew {2 x env, 1 x SV filter}, DC mixer, clock division). All in all 8 Bugbrand modules, one take, no interaction.
themanthatwasused
otoskope
Missed you round this parts sir!
Always enjoy the pieces that you share
thumbs up
emergencyofstate
Hey guys. I've been apart from my beloved 11 bugbrand modules for almost 4 months eek! cry so haven't really been around these parts in a while.

but, I JUST got them back today and recorded this and wanted to share

[s]http://soundcloud.com/emergencyofstate/chootiana[/s]
KNYST
^
that is excellent - love it!
I wish there was more w00t
fredguy
A humid night, a live take

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguy-1/so-much-humidity[/s]
a100user
Some great stuff people
emergencyofstate
just started a new set for da noize.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/emergencyofstate/sets/noise[/s]
a scanner darkly
wow, missed some great stuff.
otoskope, emergencyofstate, fredguy - all are so good and yet so different!

fredguy - love the techno-ish groove in So Much Humidity w00t
Gringo Starr
emergencyofstate wrote:
Hey guys. I've been apart from my beloved 11 bugbrand modules for almost 4 months eek! cry so haven't really been around these parts in a while.

but, I JUST got them back today and recorded this and wanted to share

[s]http://soundcloud.com/emergencyofstate/chootiana[/s]

That was fucking awesome! This demo, to my ears, showed off some of the best Bug tones I've heard so far.
emergencyofstate
^^Thanks!! you've just encouraged me to go fire up the ol' BugBrand!
Gringo Starr
Great!!!!! I'm happy to be a source of inspiration! Looking forward to more demos!
emergencyofstate
just got finished w/ 2 days in a row of 9 hr meetings for a project and my mind needed to puke:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/emergencyofstate/plurge[/s]
Gringo Starr
I thought I read before that Bugbrand is very close to sounding like Serge. But I think Bugbrand is its own thing. Very unique and fantastic tones. Bugbrand truly deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Buchla and Serge.

Once again nice demo.
KNYST
Yes, Bug is very much its own thing and a wonderful instument.
Like many others, I use other formats/brands as well, but BugBrand! always feels like #1 to me 8_)
The interface, size, and overall sound are just ace.

-edit-
There are a few things that I miss in this format (multi bandpass + some utility), but those are all relatively easy to find/build yourself.
kkonkkrete
[s]http://soundcloud.com/robobeepbox/chabrols-car-kkonkkrete[/s]
phisynth
Great sounds Emergencyofstate and nice to hear a more song-oriented track kkonkkrete ! thumbs up
phisynth
some older impro. From what I hear, a couple of pinged filter through a couple of PT delays :
[s]http://soundcloud.com/phisynth/216-constantly-cycling-back-in[/s]

and another one :

[s]http://soundcloud.com/phisynth/215-artificially-geomagnetized[/s]
KNYST
artificially geomagnetized flocks of migratory birds thumbs up
emergencyofstate
awesome dynamics in those tracks phisynth applause

Here's a short composition i just finished

[s]http://soundcloud.com/emergencyofstate/bigger-boat[/s]
smonkey
phisynth,
you get totally vangellisssish blade runnery on the end of that first one.

and tha'ts a super compliment from me!

n
KNYST
@emergencyofstate: nice little tune you made there. slightly melancholic, but still it made me smile 8_)
anadeji

xpost from the scifi thread on Off-Topic, but figured i'd share some awful footage of an exciting moment when tracking a theme for a friend's show: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1870400941/the-lab

one patch and some nord drum (also sequenced by the bugs), SYN2A + VCA/Drive "lead", Pronounced elegant machinery vibe meh
a scanner darkly
^ lovely tune!

(it must be said however that inclusion of nord drum qualifies it for this thread: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79683&postdays=0&pos torder=asc&start=0 hihi)
a scanner darkly
This was done for SC Disquiet Junto group, the task was to create 5 door bells, daytime / evening / night / delicate / party mode. The track itself is not that exciting but it was an interesting exercise to use just the BugBrand for this and quickly create / destroy 5 patches in sequence where some of the patching carried over from one to another, so they ended up sharing some qualities.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/scannerdarkly/disturbed-disquiet0087[/s]
anadeji
@scanner well it was just one friend... :(

i have no friends because of it. nice tune tho razz
pas
Tons of awesome tracks that I've missed, nice work ev'ryone!

Hey scan, yr door bell jam ain't got shit on my little deformer doorbell intro! Hahaha...

[s]http://snd.sc/Yh0LEH[/s]
a scanner darkly
anadeji wrote:
@scanner well it was just one friend... :(

i have no friends because of it. nice tune tho razz

If you mean the thread title it's actually referring to Bug used with other gear :-)

pas - SlayerBadger! damn I miss my deformer.
emergencyofstate
yes..let's please keep to pure bugbrand here! if anything just to keep the thread puuuure.

@scanner I like the doorbells..the last one is totally ALARMing. hihi
a scanner darkly
hihi that one is the party mode doorbell, and according to the given task "Party mode is a tone that would be heard even if a raucous party were going" w00t
emergencyofstate
[s]http://soundcloud.com/emergencyofstate/spin-doll[/s]
Gringo Starr
emergencyofstate wrote:
[s]http://soundcloud.com/emergencyofstate/spin-doll[/s]

The first minute of that was epic! Was that just one patch?
emergencyofstate
Gringo Starr wrote:
The first minute of that was epic! Was that just one patch?

Thanks! It was 2 patches, panned hard L/R.
phisynth
Great ones pas & eos thumbs up
a100user
EOS, when that kicked off I thought it was a long lost Hawkwind track - and I mean that as a compliment. Excellent.
fredguy
Great stuff scanner, pas and eos.
I need to get a little deformer sooner rather than later.
Here's quick recording of a patch I've had up for a few days.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguy-1/92513a[/s]
phisynth
a quick rhythmic impro
[s]http://soundcloud.com/phisynth/247-1[/s]
miditerranean
Here are a couple very short video clips of a jam session last week with the BugBrand modular doing the rhythms and clocking/squencing of a Minimoog Voyager. The E350 & Weevil modules were used too. Hopefully soon I'll finally get some proper recordings committed to cassette.

http://instagram.com/p/e0jk4bE_eM
http://instagram.com/p/e0u6jQk_Uy
themanthatwasused
[s]http://soundcloud.com/wiquwi/look-ma-no-vca-part-1[/s]
Patch no. 09: Snapped in Half
otoskope
I dare post this here, even though two MiniWaves were used for pitch quantizing... All the rest was pure blue:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/otoskope/lullaby-for-thinkers[/s]

It's a Friday night noodle I just made, based around CVs from a bugversion E350, sampled and quantized. One voice is a self-FM:ed sine osc, the other is a tri-core. Main groove is just a clock-pinged SV filter through a PT delay, and the hihat is noise into a gated SV filter in BP mode. Freq shifter is used somewhere in the background for breadth and weirdness.

One take on a stereo track, no overdubs or editing. Slight mastering using EQ/dynamics/ambience.

Enjoy.

/Palle
otoskope
Another late night noodle excercise, all Bug:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/otoskope/knippknapp[/s]

The goal here was to generate all sounds with pinged SV filters and dirtify them a bit through PT delays. So, that's it. All rhythms created with a Seq1 and some clock dividers. Three filters pinged with clock pulses. Three PT delays.

A bit monotonous, yes, but no time to edit - will spend that making popcorn for my kids and go to sleep, instead.

Enjoy.

/Palle
fredguy
Fun with the frequency shifter, two quad sines, and a pt delay. Starts with system powerup.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fredguy-1/time-shifter[/s]
polyroy
Recorded something today that will be expanded upon and made into a full track for a project I'm working on. I really like it as a solo jam, so I uploaded it to my opentape. It's Bug modular going through a Boss GT-8.

I wanted to try and get more use out of the CTL1s I have and use them as a duophonic keyboard. I don't use them for pitch duties (apart from transposing) because I always have my SH-101 in front of my modular. It was fun though.

Couldn't figure out how to tame all the feedback and distortion, so I just ran with it. If you want patch details, feel free to ask if you can't make much out from this photo of the patch.

It's called 'Touch' - http://polyroy.muffwiggler.com/

a100user
Very nice pieces folks.

Good to see the case almost full Polyroy.
phisynth
Nice work all !
Here's some pseudo-sequencing made from clock divisions into the Matrix Mixer
polyroy
a100user wrote:
Good to see the case almost full Polyroy.

Yeah, it's getting there! I know what I'm going to fill the remaining spaces with, so it's just waiting for the money/modules to turn up at the right time really. Also need to get something DIY done for the bottom space that is just a bit too small for a normal 1FW module. Perhaps a slew or something.
tIB
Ive a couple of those buchla-ish CVP's to do at some point for the bug. Useful!

Nice track. smile
polyroy
tIB wrote:
Ive a couple of those buchla-ish CVP's to do at some point for the bug. Useful!

Nice track. smile

Sweet, can you lay them parallel with the faceplate? Only got room for rev2 style Bugs in the bottom row...

Cheers, I was pretty pleased with the results and have found a new found love for the CTL1. I knew having two of them would come in handy!
BugBrand
I've been neglecting listening & it has been months since I've been home & playing..
Listened to Phisynth's latest and reminded me what I've been missing.
Nice panoramics too!
KNYST
Liked it, phisynth! w00t

@tIB: same here! (note that you need to change some resistor values for +/-15V, see 1st post here)
KNYST
polyroy wrote:
Sweet, can you lay them parallel with the faceplate? Only got room for rev2 style Bugs in the bottom row...

PCB dimensions: 1.5" x 2.85" (~38mm x ~72mm)

So, if you're going to put it where you have slightly less than 1fw (1.5") to work with, the answer is no.
On the other hand, if your case isn't shallower than the latest Bug-frame, you should be able to fit it perpendicular to the panel - I built one for euro, and it's only 39mm deep.
phisynth
Thanks guys ! thumbs up

Using the Wavefolder as a CV processor :

[s]http://soundcloud.com/phisynth/248-a-range-of-sounds-gauged[/s]
sandyb
feedback loop with utility vco, seq and pt delay.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/lev-kowalczwk/bugs-seq-loop[/s]
Chaotic
Very nice tracks here. Really like this stuff. Wonder if I should be concerned over my brain lol
My track is pure Bug except the delay. When I say pure it`s because the only module is Weevil syn 1. Patched in to it self, tweaked and switched lo/hi, sync on/of, All four outs in to the mixer.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/chaotic-morphs/weevil[/s]
a100user
A little something for Christmas.

Bug and a touch of Valhalla Vintage verb.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/a100user/subtle-little-ditty[/s]
a100user
Just working on a two part patch on the Bug. Very crude but I like where it's going.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/a100user/bug-bop[/s]

Don't know where that crackle is coming from though.
phisynth
a drone improv, using the E350 as sole oscillator

note to self : make more use of the joystick !

[s]https://soundcloud.com/phisynth/273-what-good-is-a-virtual[/s]
shady smiles
we're not worthy

Really beautiful. I could listen to this all day. (In fact, I'll loop it and maybe I will!)

note to self: get an e350! Oh wait... Dead Banana
KNYST
played it loud - got a brain reset zombie

fm blending/routing with ctl2, right?
phisynth
Thanks guys ! thumbs up

@KNYST : Don't remember the patch details exactly unfortunately, but it was something like that, yes... I think crossfading multiple fm sources to the E350 through a UTL5 controlled by the CTL2
phisynth
It's been a while...
fredguy
lots of change lately. finally had some time and started jamming on a patch. all bug, two drm1s, and a syn2c.

http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/life-in-the-way
Gringo Starr
Nice demo!
otoskope
A bit late, but PhiSynth - that video is great! I mean, the sound of it... SlayerBadger!

/Palle
KNYST
fredguy wrote:
lots of change lately. finally had some time and started jamming on a patch. all bug, two drm1s, and a syn2c.

http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/life-in-the-way

That little melody is haunting. Well done.
otoskope
Inspired by Tom's recent ping demo on the new cross-over filter, and happy to unpack my travel bug after a tour, I did a little noodle with pinged SV filters. Two PT delays also play a major role, modulated by clock stairs.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/158872980" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
BananaPlug
There's just nothing like the ratchety clockworks of a ptdelay cranked past it's comfort zone. A favorite signature sound of the Bugworks. It's peanut butter jelly time!
shady smiles
Lovely Palle! Almost krelly (is that an adjective!?!). Whatever. It's great. Thanks for sharing! thumbs up
otoskope
Quote:
There's just nothing like the ratchety clockworks of a ptdelay cranked past it's comfort zone. A favorite signature sound of the Bugworks.

Bananaplug - yes, indeed! That might be why I have five of them... 8_)

Phil - I think it is an adjective, now. I take it as a compliment. I actually met Bebe Barron once!

/Palle
phisynth
A little BugBrand impro :
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/166197694" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
Gringo Starr
That was some seriously cool stuff Phisynth.
otoskope
The only proper Friday Night pursuit is playing with a modular analog drum machine, methinks. Here are some results. Only sound source is a pair of DRM1+x, controlled by bug clk and cv modules. I know it's long, but those modules are fun! And, I started paying for soundcloud, so no limits... twisted

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/167470073" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

Here's a pic of the actual patch in my separate little bug drum system (2x11FW frames), with only one external connection (ext clk in):

Enjoy,
Palle
otoskope
Here's one more, a Monday night bugdrum track. Two DRM1+x, 1 Weevil for rhythms and patterns, 1 matrix mixer, 2 PT Delay modules. That's all.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/167895618" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

Enjoy / Palle
fredguy
Dumped for soundcloud space
ginorobair
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/159443291" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Just about to reconfigure my Bug set up and thought I'd share this piece with the group.
fredguy
recent bug fun. bugbrand sequencer playing a drm1, pinged crossover filter, and a syn2b.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/171292009" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
Gringo Starr
applause Beautiful work Fredguy applause
KNYST
fredguy wrote:
recent bug fun. bugbrand sequencer playing a drm1, pinged crossover filter, and a syn2b.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/171292009" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

I would call that music! Very nice, fredguy Guinness ftw!
pas
fredguy wrote:

Wow Fred, supernice
gettin' all cliff martinez 'n shit
welldone
oljud
Some automatic stuff:
[s]http://soundcloud.com/uralstring/141028_1812a[/s]

Some about stuff: http://www.maxwainwright.com/#291014
Tajnost
Simple minimalistic patch

LFO triggers Tuch Seq & ENV.

ENV goes to VCF and makes floatable BD sound.

VCO goes to Delay, both controlled by Touch Seq and do click atonal sequence.

Everything from the output goes to 2nd delay and returns back to 3rd channel which adds atmosphere in second part of the video.

Thnx4Watching
More soon...
KNYST
^
Playful - I like it.
First mainly Bugbrand track, just got two more rows in! woohoo 5 rows! (missing 1 fw like an idiot I counted wrong... hihi, one additional sound, using a modcan VCDO for one sound, and the noise that comes in later on is digital out from a fenix 2)

Hope you enjoy. oh yea, a bit of eventide space as well...hope you enjoy!

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/182043328" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
miditerranean
Here is the condensed version of last week's live set with the BugBrand modular & DRM1:

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/182314102" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
Pretty cool stuff midi!

Did a little diddy a few minutes ago exploring the dual LPG and dual barton quantizer, this time all bugbrand(well and a tc electronic flashback x4 for delay after...) you can hear the quantizer at work in the end, just "playing" the range knob on the sequence hub

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/182457785" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
fredguy
This patch has evolved for a few weeks. Thanks to batchas for the env1 as a processor. Live take with seq1 playing a drm1, syn2c and prc2b.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/182776151" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
nice fred thumbs up
ginorobair
[s]https://soundcloud.com/ginorobair/bug-experiments [/s]

Here are three rhythmic seed tracks from a recent session for a collaborative project I'm involved with. Lots of FM, feedback, and Barton tuning going on here. These examples are from the room mics, so you can hear me switching scales here and there.
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/187079368" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

with the new bugs, specifically the crossover filter and spectral devestator. love these two filters!

the delays are pt delay, modcan delay, some flashback x4...and some eventide space... ok...i like delay seriously, i just don't get it
ginorobair
3001 wrote:
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/187079368" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

with the new bugs, specifically the crossover filter and spectral devestator. love these two filters!

the delays are pt delay, modcan delay, some flashback x4...and some eventide space... ok...i like delay seriously, i just don't get it

Great sounds. Delay: good!
otoskope
Rich soundscapes! Unusual example of bug use (which is a compliment!). And - delay is the key to the fourth dimension...

/Palle
KNYST
Nice one, 3001 thumbs up
Thank you for the nice ocmments!

unusual eh? I usually end up going for the same stuff, spacey acidy kinda shit.
I like that with modular everyone's got their own "voice" it's pretty cool to hear what people do with the same exact modules.

I'm looking forward to adding the DRMs and the PEQ( I really think this module is going to help clean up my entire mix and keep me less afraid of too much noise, always hate too much high end with noise grating the ears)...
phisynth
3001 wrote:
always hate too much high end with noise grating the ears...

Tell me about it (as a serge user) wink

Great track, very enjoyable thumbs up
now for something different. a little harsher than the last session. this used kaleidoloop and the freq shifter lots(absolutely nuts Freq shifter! my favorite one yet, not very subtle at all, or maybe I dont know how to use it yet...haha)

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/187415362" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
a100user
Superb, really enjoyed that.
fredguy
Live take, syn2c, pt delay, and drm1 sequenced by seq1.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/188421319" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

or
http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/sometimes-5

if the bitch that is wordpress is tweaked
KNYST
Great work, 3001. Really enjoyed the latest 3 tracks you've posted w00t
(half way through the latest right now)

@fredguy: Sometimes 5 is a beauty thumbs up
Thanks KNYST

--

Really cool stuff fredguy!!
fredguy
Nice stuff 3001 applause

Lately I've been seeing what I can coax out of the crossover filter. The following is a live take with all the sounds from the crossover filter sequenced by the seq1. Crossover expander lowpass outputs to a syn2bx. Up and down outputs panned left and right. Mix out to bugcrusher and pt delay.

Thanks Tom w00t

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/189734019" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
batchas
fredguy wrote:
The following is a live take with all the sounds from the crossover filter sequenced by the seq1. Crossover expander lowpass outputs to a syn2bx.

syn2bx = cool! seems to be like other BugBrand modules a good one too!

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/189734019" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
Nice track thumbs up
batchas
3001 wrote:
now for something different. a little harsher than the last session. this used kaleidoloop and the freq shifter lots(absolutely nuts Freq shifter! my favorite one yet, not very subtle at all, or maybe I dont know how to use it yet...haha)

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/187415362" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

I took time to listen to the track. Very cool thumbs up
A lot is happening. Excellent sound(s) too.

Again this freq shifter Dead Banana
And the efx zombie Dead Banana

It was a huge fun to listen to the all track. thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
numan7

woah wow, my first soundcloud track to crest over 1000 views is a BugBrand! modular solo (from back on page 7 of this thread) of all things! w00t

cheers
put a new thing on soundcloud 5th day in 2 weeks no work due to snow, so titled it "snowed in"...woke up patched this up before anything else. tried to make something pretty dubby after an almost accidental run in with the filter and some modulations creating some serious bass..thought the neighbors would complain during recording...wont sound as good on laptop speakers!

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/190455719" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
numan7
i wrote:
(from back on page 7 of this thread)

oops that should have said "page 8".... d'oh!

cheers
fredguy
If only I was snowed in....

I've been digging more minimal patches lately. SEQ1 playing a SYN2C, DRM1, pinged CrossOver Filter, and PT Delay. Could use a little compression on the DRM.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/191883366" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
Kernelkunt
Lots of good stuff in this thread. Bugmodular sounds amazing.
Gringo Starr
fredguy wrote:
If only I was snowed in....

I've been digging more minimal patches lately. SEQ1 playing a SYN2C, DRM1, pinged CrossOver Filter, and PT Delay. Could use a little compression on the DRM.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/191883366" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Bad ass groove man!!!! I could hear Curtis Mayfields voice coming in on that.
Kernelkunt
darenager wrote:
Loverly stuff guys!

Here is a short snippet of a track I made, everything Bugbrand except the reverb, sequenced using SEQ1 and 2BitMux. Minimal techno but started out as an exploration of African percussion, ended here, who am I to argue with the Bug? hihi

[s]http://soundcloud.com/daren-ager/tending-sines[/s]

Man, that is an excellent patch. Been playing it in the background on repeat for half an hour.
fredguy
Bugbrand sequencer and clock modules playing a DRM1, syn2c, sv filter, and pt delay. Eventide space for reverb.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/196759037" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 11