MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

BugBrand and company
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 [all]
Author BugBrand and company
tIB
Cheers, I was yes- just triggering resets on the bug, modulating ptdelays and piping in CV to the deformer patterns. Work well together.
s_d
i've got the minijack version, so never use it with the Bug (i do have a lowgain's converter box, just too lazy to use it sometimes - good to have a reminder i should pair up the LD and the Bug more often!)
tIB
I keep threatening to go at it again from scratch- the deformer patterns in that set were stuff I already had, would be nice to build something with a bit more interaction going on between bug and deformer effects.
batchas
s_d wrote:
a couple of tracks trying a couple of things-

Nice!
I like the rhythm too thumbs up
BugBrand
Mmm yeah, nice driving rhythms there!
phisynth
Love it , Scanner applause

Some self-playing patch from today :

tIB
Lots of bugging on my latest, which was pretty much a response to spending the summer getting that techno patch together for the set. Techno free zone...

https://therapyinterferingbehaviour.bandcamp.com/album/repeal

[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=2264461213 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 track=2137145974]

Edit: won't embed individual tracks for whatever reason, though tracks 1, 4, 5, 7 and 8 are bugs.
dude
sd, that stuff sounds like the knife!
s_d
thanks guys! Guinness ftw!

happy we've got this thread bumpin'
/\/\/\/
Here is my recent space-exploration themed concept album, featuring some BugBrand goodness:

https://primitivespaceship.bandcamp.com/releases

- The ╬╝crusher makes a number of appearances
- "Mind Experiment" captures the essence of the album, and features a Cube weevil
- There is a little weevil symphony on "Synthetic Nightfall"
- If you've ever wanted to hear a saxophone through a COFilter and some other guitar pedals while riding a space elevator... "Elevador Espacial" is your jam
- DRM-1 gets a little play on "Laser War (to end all laser wars)"

"It's the Real Night Sky; that's where all the action is taking place."
s_d
/\/\/\/ - great stuff! loving the weevil in "Synthetic Nightfall".
s_d
tIB wrote:
Lots of bugging on my latest, which was pretty much a response to spending the summer getting that techno patch together for the set. Techno free zone...

https://therapyinterferingbehaviour.bandcamp.com/album/repeal

[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=2264461213 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 track=2137145974]

Edit: won't embed individual tracks for whatever reason, though tracks 1, 4, 5, 7 and 8 are bugs.

tIB - very bagpipe like tones in "F". very cool.
numan7
i'm on the verge of recording some patches between two SYN1 Weevil modules, a CTL1 touch-sequencer, a Spring Tanker and a NLC Triple Sloths chaos generator (in Eurorack Format).

i've had a patch going for the past week that is mostly driven by the ultra-slow (around 48 minutes cycle-times) Stasis-Sloth section of the Triple Sloths. and the resulting sound reminds me of distorted notes from an old Gibson SG guitar into a tube-amp, with slowly drifting overtones that sustain for 20-30 seconds and either jump to another note or else occasionally go through 2 - 10 second outbursts of extreme tremolo-like modulations and other chaotic stuff. glorious-sounding! Rockin' Banana!

by varying the voltage-starvation settings on the Weevils i can also get the characteristic spaceship sound that the Weevil family is good in general at making (made even more good in the spacey sense by the Sloths).

anyone else try patching the Sloths (Sloth, Super-Sloth and Stasis-Sloth, that is) into their Bugbrand instruments, btw?

cheers
phisynth
A test using control signals derived from clock divisions, to pan/fade the drum tracks inside the patch :
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 [all]
Page 7 of 7